mass effect andromeda

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by dizee, Mar 21, 2017.

1. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

yeah its getting shit on in reviews but i still got it. i havent touched the SP yet but dumped about 3 hours into the MP tonight. it plays pretty much like 3s MP did but its clunkier IMO and I have had 2 blue screen crashes. Bioware/EA rushed this out the door and it shows, it is still fun however.

if you want to play some MP on PS4 post here. my psn is dizeeStL

2. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

No, they just had a shitty team try to develop it. This is what you get when you give the C team 5 years and a huge budget, but don't have the talent to actually execute. It had to be shoved out at some point, because there is likely no way of actually fixing it without dumping another year into the game.. or more.

I was going to get it, but not after I saw the facial animations from 2004 and finding out they basically put the Army of Two team on it and renamed them. I'll grab it when it's $30 and maybe they somehow deliver a good patch or two to fix a small portion of the issues.

3. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

I played about 5 hours of SP tonight and aside from the lackluster facial animations, which are rarely bad enough to be immersion breaking, it's been quite fun. The combat is as fast as ME3, but with even more mobility due to the jump jets and certain abilities, and the RPG elements are about on par with ME1 which I thought was seriously lacking in the 2nd and 3rd games in the franchise.

Of course I still need to progress in the story a bit more to see if that pans out positively but at the moment I would recommend any fan of the previous games to give it a try. Other than the animations, I haven't had a single technical issue. I'm on PC so I don't know how the console versions run (probably worse).

4. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

i had 2 blue screen crashes, both happened in a span of 10mins during MP games. other than that I havent had a issue other than rubber banding lag once.

5. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

I think everyone who is hating on this game is simply aboard the internet bandwagon right now. Is it amazing? No. Is it better than Horizon, probably not. Is it a bad game? Fuck no... not by a longgggg shot. Yeah the animations are wonky. I've had moments where I've busted out laughing at Sarah Rider during serious scenes. However 95% of the time, it does not take anything away from the story. Which by the way is fucking awesome. Peebee and Drack are my two favorite character highlights so far. Im only about 7 hours in and I've already had several memorable moments. You really feel like an explorer set out in a new galaxy colonizing humanity with the troubles and highlights you'd expect. Gameplay is even better this time around with the free flowing non rpg combat in my opinion. Everything about the game keeps the Mass Effect DNA strong. If anything its too close to the 1/2/3 style and doesn't feel next gen, just more of the same with a brand new adventure, which is a good thing. Multiplayer horde mode is improved slightly from three and pretty addicting. Overall this is a great game, at the end of the day I think it'll be a solid 8 or 9 for me

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  6. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Your problem @PRE_-CISION-_ is you're a gamer, you actually play games. Most people hating today in general don't even try or play the games themselves and judge them. They just read/watch and follow like sheeple with their pitchforks.

7. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

i have played the campaign for about 3 hours. first things first, all you have read about the major gripes of the game are accurate. the animations are shit, the graphics are subpar and I think the voice acting is the worst part of the game. These are not deal breakers for me but when I am questioning whether or not this game looks better than its PS3 games, there is a problem. The voice acting has so many RE1 moments too...this should not happen in a game released in 2017.

Other than that I have enjoyed what I have played so far. Really like the whole Peace Walker thing they did where you can send your MP guys into missions and they bring back rewards for your single player game after a few hours or so.

I think a big reason everyone is upset about this game is because this series always had really high standards and after ME3s terrible ending, the fans feel like Bioware needed to make it up and this definitely isnt that. It is far from perfect, really far from it, but I am enjoying it more than Horizon thus far. I do however keep thinking during the SP how this isnt as good as 2 or 3 (atleast till the ending) campaigns were. I am still early in the game however. The MP is the reason I am enjoying this game so much, fun and addicting.

8. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

The hate surrounding Andromeda is down to the SJW d-bags that hijacked bioware at the time of its creation. I would post more details but Animal would get pissed lol. Fuck those guys, that's really all i can say. Not a god damn dime from me.

9. Smokey_Run

How does that change the fact the facial animation is subpar, writing is completely uninspired, and it's a technical mess with bugs and glitches?

If you actually read the review on the studio from glassdoor (posted months before the game ever released), you'll see they basically created a system to eliminate anyone that disagreed with Bioware Edmonton's (the real Bioware team) way of doing anything. They lost over a dozen leads throughout the 5 year project to the bullshit. So if anything, no, nobody hijacked shit.

I'll just add this to further illustrate my point (I think there are some massive spoilers in here)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  10. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

I am enjoying the game the more I play it but its only because I'm a big ME fan. It's nowhere near the quality 2 or 3 had, even 1 is alot better. This game is like a piece of shitty pizza to me, shitty pizza is still alright. Anyone who says this game is great though are the same people who said confrontation was great and probably never played any of the trilogy games.

11. Smokey_Run

I know two huge ME fans who were telling me they didn't need to know anything prior to release cause it's Mass Effect and it was going to be amazing and I didn't say anything when the 2 hour previews dropped cause I wanted them to have their hype, but I knew I wasn't getting the game at that point. Last night, they played just about every other game they own in an attempt to avoid it. It seems like it's becoming a slog to them and they've went from long play sessions to an hour or two before bed.

12. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

I'm by no means a Mass Effect fan, not that I dislike it but I just never got into the series, which I sometimes think of fixing. Being a fan of MGS though, I am very familiar with games getting released without being fully fleshed out and with serious drawbacks that make them worse than their predecessors in many respects. I don't think people are out of their rights to voice concern about these drawbacks, because it contributes to making the series better in the long run, provided that the criticism is constructive, valid, and the creators actually listen.

When people talk shit about the facial anims from Andromeda, yes, there are bandwagoners hating on it for updoots on le reddit, but there are also legit longtime fans of the ME series that are seriously disappointed by Andromeda in some regards. To not voice that disappointment is a disservice to the game, and I think as SOCOMers, you guys have seen that first hand.

EDIT: I should clarify that I just quoted you as a jump-in point to get in my shit, not to make it seem like you were against what I'm talking about. Apologies if I worded this weirdly.

13. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

No idea, not arguing with anyone here, looks like shit to me, all i know is the SJW bullshit pissed everyone off and a bunch of liberal snowflakes did the voice acting AND they have a racist guy spewing anti-white drivel all over twitter. I didn't want to have to spell that shit out but since you seem to get your panties in a twist for fuck knows what reason, there it is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald..._cancelled_my_mass_effect_andromeda_preorder/

14. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Please don't. Last thing we need is another Gold member being banned for a month.

15. Smokey_Run

r/The_Donald

Fucking really? That's your source? You might as well go to 4chan.

Again, what SJW bullshit in the game pissed people off? The LGBT relationships you could have in the game since the fucking first one?

If you don't want challenged on bullshit, don't spew it.

16. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

It's an example of the first god damn thing that popped up on google. Calm your tits. The fact remains that there has been MASSIVE blowback from their snowflake bullshit. Just make a fucking game and shut your fucking mouth. Nobody cares if they do or don't like white people, do or don't suck dicks, did or didn't vote Hillary. Just make the god damn game, take our hard earned cash and fuck off.

17. Smokey_Run

It's fine. We'll agree to disagree. I think the studio failed cause they couldn't make a game, the outside stuff doesn't matter if you can't do that. You have a different view.

18. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you. I'm stating the main reason i think the game was destined to fail before it even hit store shelves. It seems to me like something happened to the regular staff for them to go from older Mass Effect, to this shit...

Almost like talented people were let go, in order to "diversify" their staff. SJW's are putting a tremendous amount of pressure on the video game industry, hollywood, and so forth. It doesn't take much to look around and realize these fucking freaks are pushing a major agenda. That's not conspiracy level shit, you can actually point to it happening everywhere. People are tired of it, they voted with their wallets.

19. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

I found this interesting... especially the comment section lol.

20. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

...and back to discussing the game please.