Morning all.... SOCOM THREAD !! (Xlink patch discussion)

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink' started by hexum, May 25, 2017.

1. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

Have a 17, a 21, a Mossberg 590a1, and soon to be getting a Springfield Saint.

SkiMask likes this.
  2. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

ive heard that. i like to share it. and if someone tries to see them up close and personal with an invite, id love to show how they work...lol

3. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

i agree....

but day time aband and shadow falls alone feel like a DLC for a game thats this old. its nice to be able to throw 2 more maps int he rotation instead of frost dg and cross all day lol

4. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Moved to Xlink section and title changed to reflect the actual topic.

Drum and SkiMask like this.
  5. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Oh, don't worry. I've seen enough from you to know I wouldn't want you to have knowledge of my address or shipping anything to my house.

@Tawok Yea the patch requires people to go out of their way a little more and get an extra memory card and find a USB drive to load the patch. But, at the end of the day if we get a ton of people to do it, it makes the community "clean" because we can play in non wall slide rooms and such without creating a private arena for everything.

6. eVo7

eVo7 Computer Room Technician

Ya it makes the community clean, except for the people who want to wall slide and cheat wont use the patch...so really it does nothing since it isnt being forced upon them. Great thinking numbnuts. The people who dont cheat and dont wallslide will be playing in private arenas like our community night does.

7. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

People without the patch can't join patched rooms. TRS's community night can now be a "patched room" and anyone can join and not wall slide.

Unless you want to segregate yourself, of course.

hexum and SkiMask like this.
  8. Eminem

Eminem Devil's Road

20 bucks chump change though no biggie i bought two. And i just got my licence few weeks ago not sure where to start as far as buying yet with the guns, but nice collection.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz, hexum and SkiMask like this.
  9. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

I think you need to come full circle with what exactly the patch does, the features it has, and how it works. Your statements thus far have been completely irrelevant and false. It doesn't seem you understand how it all even works and yet you are making threads about it.

10. eVo7

You're segregating yourself by saying people without the patch cant join a patched room. Okay so what the difference between that and making a passworded room and giving it to trusted players? There 0 difference.

The people we play with already dont wall slide nor cheat.

11. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

The patch would be pointless if it let cheaters in? Would it not? It makes more sense that a large group like TRS gets the patch and sets the bar so anyone with the patch can join. Guess what? More people are involved in the community night and you don't have to even question whether people can wall slide or cheat.

The difference is arenas/PW rooms are a Band-Aid that never actually grow the community. We are sitting at 40+ people right now with the patch and we are just starting. As more and more people get it, more and more people keep wanting it. The community is coming together on this. We are campaigning to get people the patch. Again, before you talk about a subject make sure you have the knowledge to back it up. The patch has no negative side to it. The only people not interested in getting the patch so far is Dark and [Fz].

12. eVo7

Clearly this went over your head. If non patched players cannot play with patched players that is segregation no matter how you put it. The patch isnt being forced upon everyone therefore youre segregating the community and just hoping that people junp aboard which legit is no different from us giving out the password to trusted players on community night.

13. MADDENKING1980

MADDENKING1980 Foxhunt

Uh yeah, I have zero guns.

PAUL-AWOL- likes this.
  14. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

If you are looking online, gunbroker.com and Guns America are a good start. Keep in mind there will be an FFL transfer fee, which is usually about an extra 25 bucks. This means that whoever you buy from online will have to ship to a local shop near you and you pay the fee for a transfer from one shop to another.

Also, if not paying in cash/money order, you usually need to pay an additional 2-3 percent higher than what is advertised if using a card. If you have local shops near you, then all of what I just described is moot, except for the 2-3 percent credit card uptick.

Drum likes this.
  15. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

Not bad advice. The only people who know the extent to which I am armed are family and close friends who've actually been in my house and who'll likely be in my house in the future. By the same standard, I never ask anyone online about the extent of their arsenal. And speaking of personal security-intelligence protocol within an S2 patch thread (worst segue ever)... did you ever find your r0004 memcard? Or did you accidentally delete it? (I can't remember which it was.) It'd be cool to have another HDD room one of these days with you, me, Das-Boot, @dizee, Super*Man and others.

16. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Thats ridiculous. You dont need that many guns. I can see having the bolt action rifle if you are a hunter, but thats it.

And theres no need for that extended magazine either. 10 bullets per magazine is plenty of bullets. If there is ever a situation where you would need more than 10 bullets you should just call the police and hide until they come and help you.

17. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

[​IMG]

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and Drum like this.
  18. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

Oh my GOSH, is that an MPX? My friend told me that it's called that because it does 10x the killing! Think of the children!

19. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

definition of a snowflake :)

20. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

I can get on board with this. From my point of view though, I honestly don't care if I am sharing within this site. Most everyone here is good in my book.

I've seen people that drive around with Glock or Colt or whatever window stickers on their vehicles. Not gonna do that ever. I know we have some ex-military here, so I look at it like sharing with the brotherhood, but I refuse to drive around the Chicagoland area letting everyone know I am strapped.

I'll gladly oblige anyone that comes to my house late at night and wants to see my collection up close and personal. I don't expect it will be anyone from here. Fuck, if so, we'll probably end up cracking open some beers HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

PAUL-AWOL- likes this.