New Forum Design

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by TOMBSTONE4U, May 16, 2017.

1. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

No it's fine to give feedback, but I do feel like the whole drama queen thing was a little over the top. I mean if "they didn't care about the community" which was your assertion based on what you weren't happy with they would not bother to even attempt any changes, moderate the site, or for that matter even allow the site to keep running. If they didn't care they could have just shut it down as seemed was almost the case when Luke left until Domino stepped up to get it going again.

You do have valid concerns in there but I mean things like "forum" instead of "forums"? I mean some people might view the different subsets and topics as multiple discussion forums. I just see them as subsets of the Forum but an "s" being on the forum tab wasn't even a blip on my radar. But I don't feel like the community as a whole is as anal retentive about the "s" as you are and I chuckled a bit when you used that as your rationale for why one might not even want to bother to give input. Like they would see "Forums" and say "Oh hell no, fuck this shit, I can't deal with this absurd incompetence, who made the call on the S!?!?!" lol.

Overall, like I said, your post made some good points, but the 6 year old like temper tantrum sprinkled in detracts from it a bit and encourages people to maybe want to just skip it or ignore it rather then considering it.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and /SS/ PEIPER like this.
  2. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

Just to reiterate, the site is nowhere near done.

Most of what was posted above will be or has been (in test) addressed. As for the lack of leadership, I will say that I would appreciate that shit stop being brought up. Most of us have given quite a bit of our own time and money to do this. The ad revenue doesn't even come close to covering the costs.

I don't have a coding background or degree in my professional and personal life. Perhaps that is evident but I do think I did a pretty good job for the past few years doing what I could or teaching myself. Looking forward we already have a plan in place for more professional assistance once I've done what I can.

Not everyone has the luxury to sit here and spend every free minute to maintain a website that for a franchise that is really not all that relevant. How about not taking this shit so seriously and keeping in mind people have other things going on. We've had numerous false starts in the past two years that to you all may seem like people were just blowing smoke but work was being done. I have tons of concept work floating around that we can share at a later date if anyone wants to see it.

Also, the site was not hacked... not sure what supposed hack is being referred to by you all.

Lastly, we didn't intend this to be final production. If anything it's allowing us to find bugs and gather feedback a little more quickly.

3. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

And did you have $80 laying around @SkiMask that you can donate for that cause? That's the yearly cost on an SSL certificate man. You're using some weird browser if your getting popups and messages. It's fine on Chrome, IE, Firefox and Safari.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  4. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

This looks tons better now on mobile. My only suggestion is the top header that many have already said... I would just use a secondary logo with just TRS. Lose the eagle on mobile version. Just my thoughts.

Laziness likes this.
  5. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Not using a Linux distro running Chromium on a pre-2003 Intel processor that you have manually upgraded while simultaneously running Tails and Tor routed through a Liberian VPN that bounces its internet relay off a Russian Satellite every 10 seconds which scrambles and encrypts the dummy IP addresses while you comfortably surf the web in your steel reinforced underground compound with your entire computer inside a Faraday Cage wired with explosives and thermite that detonate if the motion detector in the stairwell is triggered.

Its like you're asking to be hacked.

6. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

Always the voice of reason. LOL Thanks for that Mack. [​IMG]

7. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

This forum has a new updated look,, but I did like the other forum better, seemed more user friendly and easier to read for me.

But like you said, it's a work in progress.. So I will stand by for the end result.

8. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

I am a fan of darker themes, so I like it. My only issue is when replying / making a post, the text is grey so it could be a little hard to read.

[​IMG]

Well that's not really correct. You can have a secure password but that doesn't do much when there is a man in the middle attack, thats where SSL comes into play. Someone having a strong password doesn't make the site secure.

Also having an SSL cert actually helps you when google goes to ranking sites in searches based on similar information. Based on a post in here mentioning hostgator, they offer SSL certs free to shared hosting under the business plan. If I remember right that's the $15 a month shared plan. They will set this up for you.

I don't know who pays the bills here or what plan you are currently using under your host. While SSL would be nice, you are right in that it really wouldn't matter for a forum. The only real upside is that if you wanted to be ranked higher in searches, it could help.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    SkiMask likes this.
  9. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

Digging it especially for mobile.

No lag when typing on mobile now.

Font color is too dark when writing a post on mobile, after posting it does get lighter but it should always be that color.

10. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

God, I hope they aren't using host gator. Total rip off. Godaddy is thee best. They won't nickel and dime you to death. $15 a month for an SSL cert is way too expensive. Shouldn't run more than $80 a year. Anything more... you are getting ripped off in my opinion. As far as ranking... yes, google may ding you a bit as they have moved to having everyone be secure sites but this site still ranks up crazy high as they have been around for along time now.

11. 1UP

Godaddy is terrible if you want to get into nickel and diming. Don't get me started on their shitty email servers. The ssl cert doesn't cost $15, if you were already on that plan (which has a bunch of other things ) it's included. That's why I was asking if they were on hostgator, what their plan was.

That was something they added to those plans a few years ago. So if you had it , it was actually a good deal.

12. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

Should be fixed.

13. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

Well, I haven't had that experience and have been hosting sites with them since 98, (literally hundreds of sites). I rescue more sites from Hostgator then I care to say. LOL Sorry to get your started but they are one of the worst IMO.

14. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

[​IMG]

15. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Please do. You wanna call people out? LULZ. Oh well how about you focus on the task at hand and your own shit? Stop acting like you been out here doing the good work and mingling with us. You haven't. Matter of fact, you're so undisciplined that you unveiled a half assed site prior to completion out of spite and to prove some shitty small point that you WERE working all these years.

Fact is, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. You ARE THE LEADERSHIP as you're the one to fix this site (undo your own work?) and then while a long time member up and leaves (Swill) you come out the woodwork to call me out and then admit to not having the skillset to fix it?

Righteous!

Prior to Monday you're the guy who hasn't said FUCK ALL since July 2016 despite being hailed via batsignal for SERIOUS technical answers to problems directly affecting our Community in which only you could answer?

BALLS OF STEEL, this guy.

Yet says STOP bringing it up after the site asked for feedback? Dude you lack the mental fortitude to even process criticism, IMO your not fit to fix this place and you've admitted to the same.

I will now liken you to Kevin whatever the fuck from H-Hour. You got a P90 at your desk too?

And Tomb for fucks sake. Ahh hell, nevermind.
    [​IMG]

16. 1UP

No no, I am not disagreeing with them being terrible. I was with them for 6 years and will never go back. Their customer service is abysmal and their windows shared hosting is broken. (I do most of my websites in ASP.net) I have a laundry list of complaints about them as well.

WAR_PIG likes this.
  17. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

It's been explained to you I don't know how many times, including in the post you quoted from War here, why work on the site has been delayed the way it has. Could we have gotten more done? Maybe so. But again as we've explained before, we have lives, jobs, families, etc. so quite a few of the delays we've hit were just shit timing with one of those things interfering.

Now to the half-assed site comment, that is complete and utter bullshit. It's called a work in progress and the things you have mentioned are all on the to-do list. I'm sorry certain items are higher on your list than ours, but it's a long fucking list, believe me. I've personally been in a chat with the other staff two nights since we relaunched the forums and for hours on end each time, I've listened and watched War and Dom working on the site as we talk.

It's one thing to criticize but you're at the point of beating a dead horse here. We've acknowledged the issues you've pointed out and we've started the process of giving our members exactly what we told them we would. I apologize for it taking as long as it has but considering we're finally taking action, your personally insulting tone because it's not being done in the order you'd like is starting to come off as entitled.

If you want to alert us to other changes you think could be made or new things we might consider implementing we're all ears. If all you want to do is keep telling us what complete failures we are for not serving your individual desires right now, you're free to go elsewhere.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    domino99 and WAR_PIG like this.
  18. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

Gotta love the asshole sitting on the sidelines telling us how things should be. Lmao! It's a thankless job, what you guys do. Puts hours and hours of their free time, their own money into this only to hear some jackoff tell us how it should be. That's what's rich.

#troll #asshat

19. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

@Animal-_- @WarMachine_v1 @rev @domino99

You guys are completely fine. Please don't give troll boy the time of day. Thank you for all your efforts.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2017
  20. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

What about me? All I was doing was giving you constructive feedback on how you could better format your constructive feedback.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and /SS/ PEIPER like this.