New Forum Design

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by TOMBSTONE4U, May 16, 2017.

1. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I like you so I am gonna table some of my heat right now, but please gimme a break. You have the NAME OF YOUR SITE MIS-FUCKING-SPELLED. Looks like Tomb did the spelling since he thinks "SOCOM FORMS" is fucking HIGHlarious. I'm entitled? You got higher priorities? Fine, cool by me.

Answered the call and came to offer criticism. I got argued with and by the way, Blue is right:

upload_2017-5-17_20-7-27.png

untitled.png

2. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I don't see anywhere where the name of our site is misspelled. TheRealSOCOM.com, that correct. Nowhere is forums spelled forms, and neither forum or forums is wrong because this place can be both "a forum" and "forums" at the same time. Please take a screenshot of where those things are misspelled and circle them so we can see what you're seeing. Because that's not what I see.

You got "argued" with (I would say you simply got an explanation that contradicted you) because you're just repeating the same stuff you've said before so you can use it to let us know how much you disapprove of us personally. Again. That takes it beyond constructive so you will get responded to in a less and less welcoming way each time.

Also, that quote from Blue has been proven by Rev himself to be ignorant of the facts. He was not working on other sites while still on staff here and "giving excuses". So no, Blue is not right and neither are you for repeating it.

3. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Attached Files:

4. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

So nothing actually on our site? Ok then, have a good night.

5. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

That is what your mad about? LOL

Dude, you act as if you are paying these guys for a service and their dropping the ball. The staff here is all volunteers and their doing what they can in their spare time. Take a chill pill dude.

6. /SS/ PEIPER

/SS/ PEIPER Finisher

How long you been here? You need to learn some manners.
    [​IMG]

WAR_PIG likes this.
  7. GongaBreath

GongaBreath Mattress Tag Inspector No.2

Very Nice and Tidy, Clean and future proof

8. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

There's a lot more to the story than you'll ever know. With that why don't you go fuck yourself.

Btw, hope the sites working well for you.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    /SS/ PEIPER and WAR_PIG like this.
  9. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Ski, you need a snickers.

Tawok, JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and WAR_PIG like this.
  10. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

11. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

I am asking out of honest to god sheer ignorance, because honestly, I don't are enough to pay ultra close attention to these things.

The google misspell is on them right? I mean, it's not like anyone here sends messages to google and asks them to put us on the board, correct?

I'm not super clear on how SEOs work. I figured the more the site gets hit and clicked on from google, the better your SEO becomes. Again, not my bag as I'm not a website host nor do I want to be...

12. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Foxhunt

No, google indexes the site according to what it here. At some point in the past it was misspelled. If it was corrected it takes time sometimes for it to propagate all through the internet. It means dick. It's seriously thee LAST thing you would think or worry about. So someone making a pissing contest out of it only shows they may have something going on in their life and don't know how to direct that anger.

#trollboy

13. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

Ahhh ok. Thanks for the re-education sir. I took a web design class in school, but I smoked my way through that one and it was a while ago. Since I don't really concern myself with that line of work, I kind of forgot most of it.

My skillset is more SQL and project management oriented when it comes to software.

Either way, it's not a big deal. Ok yeah it looks goofy on Google and still does, since I checked it this morning. But when you come here, everything looks good. Spelling is up to par, etc., etc....

WAR_PIG likes this.
  14. goNASTYgo

goNASTYgo Hot Dog!

looks clean.

Tawok likes this.
  15. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

I like it. I would say its a bit more slower now in the loading department though, but I read that its still a work in progress.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  16. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

It's not really the last thing to think about. It doesn't look professional when you have misspelled words in the search results. If I did that with any of my clients' sites, I'd definitely be affecting the conversion rate. It's not a huge deal as this website isn't selling anything, but I'm sure the webmasters here would like their website to be represented accurately and ensure a high click through ratio. But I'm a search engine optimizer so I'm biased.

WAR_PIG likes this.
  17. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

It can be corrected by resubmitting a site map. We can't do that currently since the homepage needs to be finished up and brought back online. Currently, Google is unable to read the site. My best guess is that the spelling error is from when we switched to xenforo and there may have been a day or so where it was fat fingered.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and WAR_PIG like this.
  18. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

That's a bit surprising, it should be a bit faster. Can you update us a bit later this week to see if it is still slow?

oni64 likes this.
  19. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

Will do. Forgot to add, this is not really a problem on mobile for some reason. I agree with everyone one else in saying that the forums look better now on mobile.

20. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Foxhunt

I think it's a stretch to say it looks 'unprofessional" LOL... being who comes here. If this was a company, business or eCommerce site then yes, 100% I"m with you. Being these guys are doing all this work for free and is a gaming site, yeah... I stick with my response. LOL Last thing to worry about. As you know, proper keywording of pages and like War said getting the home page in order first is the business at hand IMO.

I think it would have been more helpful to bring this to their attention in a rational, positive manner then the way he did also. But yeah, resubmitting it will fix that quickly when it indexes again.