New Forum Design

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by TOMBSTONE4U, May 16, 2017.

1. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

And I fully agree, the design is the most important aspect right now. As for how he brought it up, definitely could've done it better but everyone has their ways of communicating. If we censored that, Mack would be long gone and banned. His unbanning terms would be to sign in from a Canadian IP.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and WAR_PIG like this.
  2. 1UP

1UP Grenade Spammer

If you want to get into the site looking professional or not, I don't think a typo is going to be a deal breaker. If anything the constant bitching and arguing would do that just fine on it's own.

Tawok likes this.
  3. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

I actually found it to load much faster most of the time. once or twice it seemed to of gotten stuck loading but i figure that was from something you were doing on your end at the time.

4. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

Possibly from me tweaking things based on the feedback or just from our host having some increased traffic.

5. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

you want to send him across enemy lines? what if he gets captured? kinda risky if you ask me..

everythingred likes this.
  6. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

Agreed, though the typo does bother me. My only point is that for people to attack myself, Animal, Dom or rev is silly. I don't go after anyone here and all I do is literally spend my own time and money. Does that warrant someone coming on here and being an asshole over something where their only stake is being a recepient of a free site? My answer to that is no, and to be clear this isn't pointed at anyone except Ski, who is an asshole.

/SS/ PEIPER, xCaZx- and WAR_PIG like this.
  7. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Crucible

Exactly...

"TYPO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

8. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

vlcsnap-2017-05-18-16h40m21s947.png

Tawok and WAR_PIG like this.
  9. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

Hey you're the one who keeps bringing up your love for Canada. You had it coming.

WAR_PIG and MACK IS GOD like this.
  10. Harry62

Harry62 Computer Room Technician

It looks ok, old design was better imo. New site loads way too slow now.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  11. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

You mean on mobile Harry? I'm just curious cause at least on PC it seems to load faster then the old format did for me.

WAR_PIG likes this.
  12. Harry62

Harry62 Computer Room Technician

I'm on PC using Chrome. The site takes about 7-10 seconds to load a page.

oni64 likes this.
  13. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

I don't know if it makes a difference but I'm using Firefox and Windows 8. For me so far it seems pretty smooth as far as pages loading up fast. It's hit or miss for me depending on the site. Like if I go on Yahoo .com for example I freeze up constantly while trying to navigate their news feed and such. Maybe different operating systems and browsers vary on how they run from site to site? I don't know I'm not really tech savvy so maybe the problem is something else entirely.

14. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

It's been pretty much the same for me. I haven't tried using firefox since I kind of neglected that browser.

15. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

The new site loads faster for me. The old page seemed to always have issues loading IMO.

16. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

Oh cmon, if you know SQL you're only a scripting language away from learning web development. Learn some PHP, it's so god damn easy.
    Cranberry juice? What're ya on ya period?

17. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

You're right...I could if I want to. But the thing is, I don't want to. Being a project BA for a software company is a lot more fun. Outside of all the implementations and config work I do, I also get to travel.

I'll be up in Milwaukee early next month to work with Harley, then July has me back in Florida. September I'm in Germany and Ukraine. 2 hours away from Amsterdam when I'm in Germany. Gonna be a good summer.

Drum, Tawok and WAR_PIG like this.
  18. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Theres no difference in load time for me, but I also preferred the old design. I dont know if thats just because I hate any kind of change though.

I still wish these never left us. They were the peak of modern communication:

nokia-3360-image.jpg

Drum likes this.
  19. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

Not. Even. Close.

[​IMG]

Drum and MACK IS GOD like this.
  20. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff