New SOCAST Tonight?

Discussion in 'SOCAST' started by LUKENBACHER, Jan 29, 2012.

1. LUKENBACHER

LUKENBACHER (Retired) TRS Staff

The SOCAST Crew is attempting to do a LIVE podcast tonight hosted right here in our forums. We also have a very special guest who might join us that you haven't heard from in a while.

All I can say is that the focus will be the PS2 SOCOMs. We encourage you to join the Confrontation Livestream that starts at 5pm Central with WarMachine_v1 and myself. Then we will take a quick break to setup for the live podcast. This is a chance for you to hear SOCAST while we record it. You can also offer feedback, questions, topic suggestions, and influence the content of the show with a chatbox we will be reading while we record. (cool, huh?)

We are thinking the live podcast will start around 8pm Central offering about an hour break between the Confrontation livestream and the show. This is all TBD of course and the times could vary depending on the availability of every involved. Let us know what you think, and even offer some topics/questions now if you won't be able to attend the live event. See you there!

2. BiG-LUCK

BiG-LUCK Crucible

One thing I have always thought about is how does a game or games like S1, 2 and 3 that had so much to offer it's users and being such a "wide open" game, go to a restricted, choiceless title like what is now.

What I mean is, ps2 socoms gave me so much freedom to play with who and how I wanted to. Now if I wanted to play socom I play the way the devs want me to. Why? who makes a decision to group and control players instead of giving the freedom to play and roam about, to choose, pick and create however a player wants? To me it makes last gen socom superior to this (next)gen just for that fact alone.

I don't see where in time that the decision had to be made to herd everything together and control what a player can and can not do. Are our devs or SONY watching other devs and titles to come up with this ridiculous idea? Apparently so IMO and it's absurd. It changed the face of socom completely along with changing the game (NoCom). Socom can't be socom when you change the inner workings. Ps2 socoms weren't just about the gameplay, it was also about the features and endless choices and freedom it gave to it's users.

PS2>PS3

just my 2.