New Spiritual Successor To Socom Now On Steam!

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by ChemoFreak7, Dec 10, 2015.

1. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

2. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

Not gonna lie, that looks like fun!

Tawok and SgtNiggs like this.
  3. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Yes, yes it does lol.

SgtNiggs likes this.
  4. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

Uploading my Early Access Impressions as we speak. Hint: Its fun. Ten Maps, Ten Game Modes, Voice Chat, Text Chat, Lobbies... Let that sink in

Also, not Kickstarter. Its on Steam right now for $9.00 USD

5. SweeTooth

SweeTooth Night Stalker

holy shit this looks awesome!!!!
    This would of made a great call of duty equivalent to zombie mode if it was on socom.

Then again probably better as a whole game onto itself.

SgtNiggs likes this.
  6. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

I may just start playing this if BigFry says its available right now. Can we get clans or what?

7. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

Updated thread title.

8. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

My Early Access Impressions

9. SweeTooth

SweeTooth Night Stalker

maybe we should have been directing our tweets @ashtonandersen instead.

SgtNiggs likes this.
  10. SweeTooth

SweeTooth Night Stalker

man you have your youtube video editing down pat. Took you no time. Great video man, I lolled a few times. Agree with a lot that was said.

From what I can tell Ark - Survival Evolved looks nice, this strengthens my confidence for how Mean Greens will evolve.
    Clever title too.

SgtNiggs and Bigfry like this.
  11. MoPar496

MoPar496 Night Stalker

OH MY OH MY are the call outs going to be just awful. LOL
    "No by the cup cake tower not the cake lane you jack wagon!!!" "Don't you know the difference between a cupcake and a cake?"
    I cant wait!!! I am gong to buy it tomorrow( Sat night)!!
    Cya all then.

D-J-M, SweeTooth, ChemoFreak7 and 2 others like this.
  12. SgtNiggs

SgtNiggs Bunny Hopper

Yeah I must say pretty damn novel, yet modern. Looks fucking great on that UE4 shit. Fucking great map designs too man, really immersed in the fucking classic little Army Man world n' shit haha pretty sweet. Yeah I think I'll pick this shit up, why not, support these mofos and go to war with some buds. ...Some nice "Holiday"-oriented kinda shit to pass the time with here too. I got a 100"+ projection shit here too with the PC so I'll see what's up haha

Kudos to those motherfuckers, very distinct indeed, a breath of fucking fresh air

Drum and SweeTooth like this.
  13. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Yes yes i know lol this was just a spoof. I'll be reviewing it as well. Looks damn fun and i got the day off tomorrow. I look forward to your take on it!

EDIT: Scrolls down see's you already posted and promptly facepalms followed by clicking link.

Drum likes this.
  14. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

You guys are no fun...

15. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

My bad, you know how well sarcasm translates into the typed word.

16. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

It's all good lol. I hope it provided a few chuckles while it lasted. But yeah this is a cool looking game so it's good that people know real details instead of the original satire i had going on.

17. SgtNiggs

SgtNiggs Bunny Hopper

still playin' the shit.
    Not bad for 9 dollars, 89 cents haha

I like how there's 5 diff weapons classes there for whatever 'situation' you need either as a coordinated team (if chatting n' shit etc. -- has PTT n' all that), or on-the-fly as an individual haha ....all I simply do is scroll the mousewheel up or down and click. Bam, got the best-suited particular "Tool" I need for the job at that moment haha ...funny. Haven't even really used the nades that much

So yeah there's actually still some depth to weapons in its own unique way themselves. Yeah like you said its not a 'SOCOM' obviously, so don't go into it thinking it like that, but it definitely shares some of its DNA here n' there for sure. I find myself genuinely immersed in all the chaos and teamwork/objectives going on haha

Drum likes this.
  18. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

It's definitely fun, casual as all hell and frantic. But damn fun! It's worth the price imo, the map design is amazing. I need more time with it though before i can make a first impressions. But i'm sure it will be a postive one.

SgtNiggs likes this.
  19. ScotteYx

ScotteYx Devil's Road

This looks brilliant.

20. SgtNiggs

SgtNiggs Bunny Hopper

you can actually "HEAR" shit in that game too haha :)
    good sound and good thematic scores as well

they just tighten up the UE4 character movements a little bit, grind some of those game modes out and you got a nice lil' enjoyable TPS package right here, all under 10 bucks (atm)

Can easily run the shit with everything on max with no hitch even on a GTX650, nice n' smooth, and all options/controls are complete, customizable. Game is stable, lots of servers, can tell the quality production. Nice job to the devs here on creating their own distinct world. Not sure if the 5v5 is the max, or if it was just some of the rooms I was in, but, yeah, these maps easily could still accommodate more for sure. 8v8, 10v10 even, perfect

After getting done here yeah it definitely still has the replay value. Casual shooter like you said, but shit can still seem pretty hardcore, depending on the opponents haha

SweeTooth likes this.