NHL 17 EASHL

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Laziness, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

Anyone here play?

What are your thoughts on the game?

I think the game is way better than last year even though it's a step down from the beta.

@dizee and I are in a club and we scrape trizzles on the regular.

If anyone wants to challenge our club with yours, play drops, or possibly join us, let us know.

2. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

SkiMask likes this.
  3. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

Pure snipe, good job by Teal taking the hit to make the play. ;)

4. SS_CUBS

SS_CUBS Butterstick

Best competitive team game since socom. Only real "clan battles" I do anymore are club games.

5. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

games full of ice tilt and ball cupping of lesser teams. in no way is it worthy of being in the same sentence as socom. it doesnt matter how good you are, how shitty the other team is or who has more skill. all that matters is that every game will be a 1 goal game due to some stupid reason.

rip bill cosby and the ice tilt ai's

https://www.easports.com/nhl/clubs/ps4/Ice Tilt AIs

SkiMask likes this.
  6. Murphdawg1

Murphdawg1 Requiem

That's some bullshit. I've played that franchise off an on over the years and I've played club games where we blew the other team out and I've played club games where my team got its ass handed to it.

7. SS_CUBS

SS_CUBS Butterstick

I mean it's hockey there's gonna be soft goals and stuff. But if you play like a team and don't play 2s it's competitive.

8. SS_CUBS

SS_CUBS Butterstick

Also looking at from a UI team building standpoint not. Gameplay obviously

9. Murphdawg1

Murphdawg1 Requiem

5s and 6s are the best, 4s is acceptable if there's a human goalie.

10. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

sure you will have blowouts. and then the next time you play the same exact team, you will outshoot them 40-3, and barely win 1-0 because they decided to have ai jesus in net. its happened numerous times and its not a coincidence. all these sport games have sliders, the only difference here is that EA doesnt show you the sliders for eashl online. someone will get wayne gretzky ai and the other team will get a team of simple jacks. no rhyme or reason, EA just decides who to jerk off for a given game. i wont even get started on how retarded the ai is, not worth my time.

division 1, top 100 team and i played mostly 3s. i sunk more time into this years game than it deserved and trust me the game is not even close to what it was back on NHL 08/09.

11. Murphdawg1

Murphdawg1 Requiem

Oh I'm fully aware of the bad AI, I just prefer to play with as many human players as possible and especially with human goalies. It is just more fun that way when you've got a full team working together.

12. SS_CUBS

SS_CUBS Butterstick

I will agree the skill factor has gone down since the original inception of EASHL. Loved 09-11

13. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

Your problem is that you play 3s. I hate playing with the AI at all and always avoid it. Nhl is at its best playing 6s with good players. That's why I play in LG and VG.

14. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

Skill factor is way up to be honest.

15. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

16. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

the whole you need to play 6s argument isnt valid. if i have 5 or 6 people on im going to do a destiny raid or play rainbow 6, not gonna play nhl. you shouldnt have to play 6s to have a good game. thats the same excuse the wow players would always say "2s isnt balanced for pvp, u gotta do 3s". if thats the case then why even bother having a 2s option?

EA needs to take a year off and go back to the drawing board. without NHL2K in the fold they lollygag and half ass their products every year, rammer needs to be fired.

crash net and pass off pads. even if you have a 2on1 just pass off pads, enjoy your goals. its all you will ever see goal wise in division 1 unless your AI decides to let the other team get breakaways non stop and the occasional retarded slapshot teams.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  17. SS_CUBS

SS_CUBS Butterstick

The shoot for a rebound goal is awful. Take a slow wrister and hope to get it back

18. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

So if you have 6 people you wouldn't play NHL? That's a weird thing to say, there's 6 people on the ice. No one plays battlefield or rainbow six to play with or against the ai so why would you do it in NHL?

I do agree though that playing with the AI is hot garbage

Murphdawg1 likes this.
  19. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

Getting 5 or 6 people on at the same time takes either a preset group or alot of time sunk into finding other people. nhl is a pickup and play game, as are all other sport games. If I am going to waste time finding 5 or 6 people to play a PS4 game, it isnt going to be NHL.

20. Murphdawg1

Murphdawg1 Requiem

You're missing out if you aren't playing 5s or 6s as that is where the fun is. 2s and 3s is just way too boring and often doesn't even resemble hockey with players just cherry picking looking for a long pass.