Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by dizee, Jan 13, 2017.

1. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

So yeah that happened, smh.

SkiMask likes this.
  2. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

How the mighty have fallen.

3. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

0:19

How far you get?

4. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

Each time I saw a headline about it..
    [​IMG]

5. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

I have absolutely NO desire to buy this gimmick fest. What the hell happened to Nintendo? They've jumped the shark and they don't even realize it...

6. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

Wait, so... this isn't somebodies parody video?

xCaZx- likes this.
  7. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

No. That was shown at their event. It is a real game.

8. aremsoc26

aremsoc26 Code 9

I'd rather have someone walk in and see me jerking off than see me playing this game...

PAUL-AWOL- likes this.
  9. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

The usual post Wii drivel that 99% of us ignore. Breath of the wild and Mario Odyssey look pretty fuckin sweet. I'm also a Dragon Quest fan and plenty of that lined up. Being a PC gamer, Nintendo still brings the most relevant and meaningful exclusives. Nintendo is the secondary console, been that way for about a decade and i'm cool with that, as long as they actually make games.

10. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

I'd almost say tertiary to be honest, LOL. Just being a smart ass, I understand what you mean, and I agree with you. Perhaps if I had more time to game I would look at getting this.

That is one "market" they do have cornered is the exclusives. Even as a non member of the PCMR I see that. Not saying the other consoles' exclusives aren't good, but they cross plat so much now. The Mario game will be good, as will Zelda I'm sure. I just get kind of tired of seeing Nintendo go the gimmick route to sell their systems.

11. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Nintendo still has some of the best IPs and fun games. If you define your manhood on what console you have, you have bigger problems than you think.

12. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

Wtf was that lol?

13. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

No region lock is amazing too, and all the classic Nintendo games they could potentially add. The first mobile device in history to run all the classic shit from NES to Wii U games AND shit that wasn't available in NA or EU previously. I say if they play their cards right, they have one fuck of a hit on their hands. But this is Nintendo we are talking about after all... they step on their own feet more than anyone else.

14. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

This part right here would be my main motivator...

ChemoFreak7 likes this.
  15. aremsoc26

aremsoc26 Code 9

I LOVE ZELDA and MARIO.

I have played both games my whole life and I think that yes they will both be an amazing game on Switch.

But to me it's not worth paying $600 to play most likely 2 games from nintendo that I enjoy and MAYBE some older ones IF they release them (When that time comes I'll reevaluate this cost-benefit analysis)

Here's how I got to $600

The system comes in at $299 which isn't terrible. Ok moving on.

Then you gotta add 1-3 more controllers for when friends come over which are $79.99 each for joy-cons or $69.99 for the pro controller which is probably the best option (Compared to $49.99 on wii U). So lets say you have no friends or don't care if they have controllers you still need atleast 1 Pro Controller (Reports say joy-con are very uncomfortable over long duration)

So now were at $369.98 + Tax

Then there is the fact that the joy-cons are all charging only (no-batteries) so you have to constantly keep them charged by A) having them plugged into the console/wired B) Buying a $29.99 charging controller adapter or C) Buying a docking station $29.99 to charge them while your not using them. So basically if you want to play for hours and hours you need atleast 2 Joy-Cons/Controllers which you rotate (Use 1, charge the other). Let's say you skip this and say screw it I'm never using the Joy-Cons, imma just use the pro controller.

Still at $369.98 + Tax

Then on top of the cost factor of just a few of the accessories then add on the games, carrying cases, starter kits, screen protectors, and all that is atleast (If you just want to play Zelda and Mario) $100 Minimum. (Games $47.99 each with amazon prime membership + Carrying case/Screen Protector starter kit $29.99)

Now we're at $495.95 + Tax

HERE is my biggest issue BATTERY LIFE. Nintendo says you have about 2-21/2 hours of gameplay for a game like Zelda/Mario when fully charged. Thats it. Which means if you are going to be out of the house for more than 2 Hours and want to play on the go you'll have to a) Bring a wire and find an outlet. B) Buying a portable battery and bring it with you. (Which is prob another $20-50 depending on the type/size) I'll say that you can find a decent one for long time gaming for $40.

Now we're at $535.95 + Tax

And then they went and pulled an Apple and made the wire no longer a micro-USB (which many ppl have laying around) so if you want to charge your switch you'll need to make sure you always have that special USB wire with you. The wire is included so this is FREE but you still have to carry it with you.

Still at $535.95 + Tax

Then if you want to play games online with friends there is a membership fee and you need to purchase a $29.99 LAN adapter if you want a wired/more reliable connection at home than wireless. For this example I'm gonna skip this cause screw online I just wanna play ZELDA and MARIO!

Still at $535.95 + Tax

Finally the last way nintendo shoves there hands in your pockets is with this AMIIBULLSHIT, you pay $10-30 for little toys that help you in games. I looked up what most of the amiibo's do and the only one worth buying IMO is the WOLF LINK one cause you get wolf link as a companion in the game ($15.99).

$551.94 + Tax Brooklyn NY (.08875) = $600.92

THATS $600 to play 2 games with NO FRIENDS, NO ONLINE, and NO CHARGING ACCESSORIES. This shit ain't cheap!

TL;DR If you just want the basic shit + a few accessories to play zelda/mario on this system it'll cost you $600.

16. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Well yeah i mean, gaming kind of rapes ones wallet. It sucks. But i'm down! I have a lot of down time at work, so it appeals to me more than just someone who's going to be using console mode. Still... those little bastards know how to tack shit on that drains your wallet. Fucking pro controller is like $70

17. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

18. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

The controller de-sync issues are painful to watch. The controller works fine 3 feet away..takes one step back..controller de-sync issues. You cannot even play this shit while sitting 6 feet back on your couch?

I also laughed when someone took the dock a part and it's literally a cheap piece of plastic with one circuit board inside. They are charging $89.99 for a second dock, power cord, and HDMI cord all of which probably cost them a grand total of $9...Highway freaking robbery.

I had considered getting this on launch, but ended up passing after I saw the weak game lineup (not just at launch, but out into 2018).

19. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

On a positive note, BotW looks good. I wonder if it's as good on WiiU as it is on Switch?

20. Tawok

Tawok Not *That* Kinda Guy

I saw some comparisons that lead me to believe you wouldn't be disappointed buying the WU version.