Okay, this is starting to get really shady

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by o3Celerity, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Junked

Junked iDub Scrub

I feel ya. I personally have only ran into a couple people that sketch me out. But it does make you wonder. Take for example, seeing someone with the patch one game, or night. Then see them the next without it. The patch is set up to alllw patched to play with none patched. So it's Immediatly concerning (to me at least) that those with it, don't play with it all the time. The patch has added another layer that we weren't ready for. I know I'm playing devils advocate. It's just the way I feel about it. If every single person had the patch and only patched games were played, that would be a different story. Just my opinion.

SkiMask likes this.
  2. o3Celerity

o3Celerity Quickscoper

I'm gonna test it out with a public vpn, and post results

3. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

my freezer freezes every damn time i plug it in....

hexum, SkiMask, Buchanans and 2 others like this.
  4. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

- Ranks are based on KDR and reset whenever you shut the ps2 off or logout.
    - Day/night maps are fairly solid unless you prefer looking at the skybox: http://imgur.com/a/ujVxS
    - Cheat detection works. Load up a mod disc and see for yourself. You will freeze before you can join a game
    - The patch is client only. It can't repair lan tunneling.

It won't help much. No matter how great the connection is a lan tunnel must still exist. The PS2 isn't powerful enough which is why xlink lags all to hell on PS2, yet our computers are just fine.

lol, this can't be topped. Thread is over everyone.

oni64 and WAR_PIG like this.
  5. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

Just want to say regarding the fry clip it needs to start about 30 seconds earlier for context, I was watching the stream live, the dude was running in place for a while in the seal spawn and it was definitely a lag issue.

Fry shot him a few times and then ran away, that guy probably saw fry running in place also and i'm Pretty sure he got booted the next round.

I've seen it happen on xlink and it's not codes just shitty lag, which is too damn common on xlink.

You can't blame Harry for any asshole who decides to cheat. It's apparently pretty easy to do no matter what, and his patch actually stops it, however it does require a tool necessary for cheating so I can see the double edged sword argument. Still can not blame the guy who takes his own time to make all this patch business.

Attached Files:

• lag.jpg
      lag.jpg
      File size:
      75.6 KB
      Views:
  6. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

The patch makes cheating more accessible which is going to increase the cheating. People can act like thats not going to happen, it doesnt effect me because I only play on TRS nights anymore, but it is going to negatively effect xlink and it WILL happen. It is gonna escalate more and more and if people try to shove these competitive ladders into the xlink picture, its gonna get REALLY bad, moreso if money is involved.

The cheaters are out there and they are cheating right under so peoples noses. I remember 2 or 3 months ago, some guy on a xlink pub room started accusing someone else of cheating in the xlink chat and within 2-3minutes, the guy making the accusation was running around the room with cheats on and using the excuse "so and so is using cheats so if he wants to do it, then I am too". Sound familiar to the justification we hear from wall sliders, doesnt it? He did all of this without rebooting his PS2, leaving the game or any nonsense like that. this isnt random shit or a one time thing. I watched cheaters ruin Greenup_'s twitch streams almost 3 years ago ALL THE TIME.

SkiMask likes this.
  7. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

True. Like I said, I have my faults in always downplaying when people say someone is cheating. It is just like an everyday BS thing in the SOCOM community. Some people have thought you cheated sometimes @Junked. As they say me, dreamz, and sin cheat. I know myself and the people I play with don't cheat. I can't confirm that others don't cheat. Like Dark for example, everyone swears he cheats. I don't know if he purposely jokers his stuff off when we are in the room, because I've never seen him cheat. The dude might cheat when certain people aren't around the catch him doing it. That is a valid point. People might be that smart to not cheat when a streamer/recorder is in the room. So we have no proof then.

SkiMask and Junked like this.
  8. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

He didnt get kicked/leave for atleast 2 or 3 rounds after that clip. It very well could have been lag but I saw alot of other shady shit on that stream to go along with that clip that makes me think otherwise. It all just decided to magically happen when someone with 50+ viewers decides to stream the game. I dont believe in coincidences.

This is also why its so laughable from people saying that the lag was on Bigfry's end. If it is on his end, why was that ONLY player in that Frostfire game "lagging" to that much extreme, the extreme being that it appears to be cheating. Again, highly unlikely.

This is what lag where you can still get kills looked like on S2. You didnt run in place for over 1minute without getting kicked real fast, isnt possible.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    SkiMask likes this.
  9. Junked

Junked iDub Scrub

I honestly think that's a definite possibility. As he's one of the people who sketch me out lol but who knows now a days. I'm almost in the same place as you. Community nights here would be the cleanest way to play.

10. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

LOL. I was being serious about the microwave comment by the way, dick.

11. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

From the clip it looked like a massive lag or delay which is common on xlink on a bad day or connection.

12. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Fuckin shill......

SkiMask likes this.
  13. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

Are people really this dumb?

[​IMG]

14. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Don't feed dude cause I already feasted on cold chili and frozen cheese and I'm full.

And Animal DO like his posts because I LOVE that you like them when he refers to my stability as if that's conveyed through the medium of a shit show thread topic and my usage of words and capitalization.

Cause that's the measure of a man's fucking stability ya'll. The internet.

"Maybe I forgot to take my meds, ha ha"

Infer unsuitability all you want Chicken, but fact of the matter is people LOVE to keep secrets around here and I am tired of the double speak and quiet nodding, but frequent inaction or discussion about the tough topics out in the open and instead people would rather the topics all just die and fade away leaving everyone out the loop and into the one of ignorance and gullibility while everyone quietly goes back to their PMs about these very same topics.

Some of you forget people around here don't always feel comfortable bringing up difficult or confrontational subjects so I will do it for them seeing as how we are trying to move THROUGH THIS SHIT. Denial is not helping anything nor is saying those with these concerns are "invalid" because of their level of knowledge of said subjects.
    I realize in this scenario you MUST be talking about me. And for that I would gladly buy you a tub. Cheers big ears. I have recognized the error in trying to unite a bunch of people who seem to hate each other, but all love the same thing. I got it. Slow to learn, but got it.

Crystal. Fucking. Clear.

15. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

However when people do have knowledge of the subject it gets ignored and the witch hunt ensues. That can be seen throughout this website.

You can explain everything as best as possible but people will only listen to what they want to hear and if you go against that then you end up with this:
    [​IMG]

The problem is people don't understand something, they don't care to try and understand something but they have no problem talking shit about that something.

16. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I realize that and in this case I am not TRYING to be constructive in the slightest. I am sparking a discussion and it works really great for this place. Seems people are correct in that TRS survives on the drama. Hell, the busted assness to this place bogged down when people got interested in what I had to say and the conversation I decided to light a fire under.

The time for diplomacy has long since passed Animal and am just gonna be me and you know what? I really DO NOT WONDER WHY people don't engage me anymore. I also know WHY I fucking LOVE and HATE this place and you do too.

I think you'll see a more placid version of myself being put forward pretty darn soon as I am running out of shit to start on fire to ignite some change and shine some light to the SOCOM darkness. Get out the scissors and snip where you feel as a moderator should, but I fully intend to live up to the heel role now that I have been labeled the Toxic Scumbag Asshole. You got one.

The thing is, most of the people around here would rather lie than admit the truth in most all situations regarding SOCOM in some weird bastardized way to preserve some antique no one wanted to play with a year ago. This place was dying and was to be shut down in tandem with H-Hour's slow death, but the XLink "museum" couldn't even be compared to the World's Largest Ball of Twine for attendance. Now? Well...

17. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

I can't even follow what you are saying. Any thought that pops up in your head you just go ahead and spew out as if it is a fact without actually thinking about what you are saying.

5 Names? False.
    2 PS2's? False.
    Modded Playstations? False.

Know about what shit? Don't generalize.
    I know the aliases of the 6 regulars I play with.

This is the sort of trolling I am talking about. The way you post is like a high school teenage girl. I don't understand the dramatic form you type in. You are literally making shit up and posting with all caps and exclamations as if you are yelling or throwing a temper tantrum. Chill out.

18. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

If I feel the need to "snip" anything, it won't be particular parts of your posts that are outright flaming the other members when it could easily be said in a more civil way, it will be your account. The choice is yours.

19. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Except I know I've clarified that very specifically and tried to derail the thread from the money to talking about the patch, which we are.

Mission Accomplished as I intended.

I couldn't give a fuck HOW it's achieved around here because frankly the conversation might never have even gone there. Now I'm happy we are getting into it in the manner in which TRS is known for. Brutal honesty and multiple sides to the story being shared.

My reputation?

Couldn't give a fuck about it because those that know me REALLY understand that I do this not to be a flaming prick, but because I've sat here on this very site for a year and a half listening, watching and consuming ALL IT HAD TO OFFER and am fed up with the deliberate smoke and mirrors and inaction.

I see people INTENTIONALLY skirt the issues because of their level of everyone else's understanding and try and use the power of knowledge to mislead and dissuade. If ANYONE thinks I blame Harry or 1UP or anyone OTHER than the perpetrators then you can get fucked right up the goat ass.

Play the patch, I wont. Play with us, fine. I'll play in pubs with those I know, private with the TRS homies and yes it isn't exclusionary anymore so if you want clean scrims and wild banter come join us on Friday and Wednesdays.

PW = YerMom

20. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

You should make that Q&A thread like you said earlier. That may clear up a lot of the questions regarding the patch and whatnot.

SkiMask likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.