Okay, this is starting to get really shady

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by o3Celerity, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

You aren't always a flaming prick. Just sometimes. I don't think you always post like a delusional maniac. Just sometimes. All I'm is people are implying hex is doing what he is doing to make a profit. Taking advantage of this community. I know that isn't the case. The dude legitimately thought the patch was a great idea. He legitimately wants the community to grow. @Harry62 has been in the discord with hex a bit this past weekend. Hex is trying to find ways to make the patch better for people coming up with ideas with Harry.

SkiMask likes this.
  2. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

Oooooh, Jeeeeeeeshus...

I'm not even really going to dig into any quoting here, there's too much to take in.

For the record, I've never said people HAVE to get the patch, and I have yet to see anyone else do that either. I was simply interested in the patch being developed further, because the fact that the archaic 14 year old game we all play can still be modified and improved blows my mind. Say the skyboxes look like shit all you want, and I agree, but those shitty skyboxes help to fix Rat's Nest and Abandoned like everyone has always said S2 ruined them. It fucking made Karim cry, for God's sakes, and that's a beautiful, watershed moment. And we get night versions of maps like Crossmaker, and hopefully Fishmenfight too.

This recent cheating business is some bullshit if it's really ramping up. I don't play pubs that often on S2, so all I have to go on is Fry's clip and testimonies from other people. All I know is, it isn't the patch to blame, it's the memory cards themselves if anything. Personally, I feel that if it was as easy as getting FMCB, we'd have been seeing these cheaters pop up a lot more even before the patch shit, but I don't really know. What I'd like to see is video proof that the cheat detection on the patch is functional, to assure skeptics that it works if it does.

I'm not going to go all Jesse Ventura thermite paint on you guys, but the timing of the cheating and the patch distribution means one of three things:

1. Either people receiving these cards are using them to cheat instead of use the patch, or

2. People are using this timing to cheat and have the blame shifted to others, or to smear the patch campaign, or whatever

3. It's just a coincidence.

Personally, Option A sounds the most likely to me, but I can't ignore the other two possibilities, the last one especially.

3. Tawok

Tawok Not *That* Kinda Guy

The FMCB cards are half the work of being able to load cheats. All you need to do after that is put the c9 file on a memory stick and plug that into your PS2. You transfer the file and viola, you're cheating without a disc swap.

It's some weird kind of irony, that the solution to stop cheating is also part of the symptom. The tragedy of it all is that cheating was pretty rare up to this point and private arenas/banning MACs wasn't a broken method of handling them.

4. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I'm glad your admitting it exists now. Wasn't so hard...And yes, do come play some clean games sans patch.

It's pretty fucking awesome playing Shadow Falls and Abandoned in the dark.
    I agree Hex and Tripp are the reasons I actually made progress on my headsets. Why I also steered away from the money cause we hashed it already.

Also, they (Hex & Tripp) reached out when I asked for help. Not only that, but Hex has made himself available to me for follow up to to other tech shit I needed at the time. I love that about this Community, MAN CAN IT COLLABORATE! But only after I reached across the aisle to Facebook and mingled THERE a little bit. I did that here with crickets for longer than I care to admit, but I then asked for help and they offered it with no strings within like a day. There I also found a whole bunch of people who were chill and needed help and I am willing to bet some of you here have seen me at 2am giving tech support on a weeknight there even when I leave the house for work at like 5am.

My heart is in the right place, but at the same time, my kindness is not my weakness.
    I am starting to realize that needs to be a sticky and redone from the ground up. I may call upon you one day when I need a bunch of clarity and haven't gleaned it from your other post.

5. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

This is insane at this point. $20 memory cards with an unnecessary patch segregating the community. Cheating being easier as a direct result on an already unstable platform that requires too much BS to play. Socom fan sites and seperate factions of community's/players all circle jerking to one up each other in 2017. This is why xlink link won't grow. Sure you get new guys to check it out but the vast majority leave as fast as they came because of shit like this thread and the continued drama. I wish you guys would put effort into helping guys like @Dominator94 with SVDL or a new platform that's better than xlink or go organize a community effort dedicated to server revival like the TMB/MGO teams did to bring their favorite franchise online. This shits just like the wild west. Everyone does their own thing and while some ideas are great it doesn't matter because everyone wants to be the Sherif of the ghost town.

6. Tawok

Tawok Not *That* Kinda Guy

Fuckin A dude. I feel like priority number 1 should be replacing XLINK or getting the admins off their ass for some real upgrades/support.

7. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Don't get ahead of yourself. I didn't say it existed but, the possibility is there. I admit to my faults of always downplaying when others say they witness cheating.

I've personally never played with or against a cheater on Xlink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

Here you go:

hexum and MR.BLONDE like this.
  9. Focuzed

Focuzed Navy SEAL

I've been thinking about this nonstop the last couple weeks. Wanting something to replace Xlink. I was hoping the private server development would still be chugging along but even that's halted and I'm sorry but that's not a good enough answer. I'm tired of fucking waiting around and want to help when and where I can.

SkiMask, WAR_PIG and Tawok like this.
  10. eVo7

eVo7 Hillary Clinton's I.T. Guy

Nice, Harry showed his pre patch code sheet to the world.

11. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

I always knew you were a casual.

Real Socom OGs would play nude and have a kiddie pool set up in the middle of their game room with a lawn chair in the center with a hole cut out of the seat allowing them to shit and/or piss while playing without losing any time going to and from the bathroom.

Buchanans and TOMBSTONE4U like this.
  12. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

Question: Couldnt that just be the emulator freezing? Does it freeze PS2/PS3 consoles?

13. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

I figured someone would ask this so the end of the video shows me running around for a while without freezing until I enabled another code which is then detected. It does indeed freeze consoles. Tested with my PS2 setup.

MR.BLONDE and Shimmy like this.
  14. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

Google "socom 2 codes". There's still several pages worth of code lists. They aren't a secret to anyone.

hexum and Shimmy like this.
  15. Shimmy

Shimmy Green Up

So you can get with this, or you can get with that.

Patched rooms are great. Everyone that doesn't want it, or cries over cost, oh well. I don't lose sleep over you.

Harry thanks for the awesome work.

16. MACK IS GOD

I dont really understand any of this.

Guy takes the time to make a patch/mod/whatever that allows you to play maps at different times of day (Which is something I have always thought would be cool as hell) and prevents people from wall sliding.

Some other guy sets up a deal where he does all the work required to get this patch/mod/whatever and puts it on a memory card and ships it out to people who are too busy or mentally retarded to do it themselves (like myself)

Somehow these things are turned into a bunch of ridiculous drama on TRS

If you want to play with the patch, do so. If you dont, dont. It doesnt seem like that big a deal to me.

I would personally like to check out the maps at different times of day, but in the end Im just gonna be playing with the TRS guys so whatever the consensus is is what I will be playing. Its pretty irrelevant to me who does or doesnt play with the patch because it doesnt effect my gaming experience as I will pretty much be playing with the same group of guys anyway.

I dont know man. It just seems like people are making a much bigger deal out of this than it should be. Maybe Im missing something, but it doesnt warrant the bickering that Im seeing from people in this thread.

17. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

It might have started as some of that, but I think people are now concerned the method of delivery for the patch makes it easier to use codes.

SkiMask likes this.
  18. o3Celerity

o3Celerity Quickscoper

Exactly, lets put the drama in the OP aside, my power is currently out so I really don't wanna sit here editing the op but precisely this.

We have now armed 70 people with a ps2 mod that can load code9 in an instant used in nonpatched rooms

I'm over the fact the dude is selling the cards lol

19. MACK IS GOD

Seriously? Isnt the entire point of the patch to prevent that shit? Wtf?

20. o3Celerity

o3Celerity Quickscoper

Free mcboot was a way to place the code majic app on your ps2 n boot codes anytime you want from your pc internet connection, if you watched Harry's video he does it with the notepad n an app on his pc, it's the same method

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.