Old SOCOM code myths

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by Harry62, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Harry62

Harry62 iDub Scrub

I'm looking for stories about old SOCOM 1/2/3/CA codes that may or may not have existed. I'm curious as to what irregularities others have experienced throughout the history of SOCOM that can only be explained by a code or glitch.

Good Example:
    - A player killed me with a chem lights fired from a RPG launcher.
    - A player forced my character to move without my input.
    *** This is interesting.

Bad example:
    - A player was jumping as high as the moon. This is a simple jump code.
    - A player would not die. This is an infinite health code.
    *** Nothing special about these as they are public knowledge.

2. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

One time on Sandstorm I had an M60 equipped and my clanmates told me I was auto firing rockets instead of bullets. It looked like and sounded perfectly normal to me, just regular automatic machine gun fire, but everyone else in the room saw rapid fire rockets shooting out of my M60. They said it was hilarious. Not sure what the kill feed said as far as whether or not I was fragging people with an M60 or RPG-7 though.

Dont know if that was the type of thing you were looking for, if not sorry.

3. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

I can recall something like this happening. However, it has been so long I don't recall if it was S2 or S3.

There it is..my most pointless post of the day.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  4. dizee

dizee Night Stalker

I know that Socom 1 had jokered codes where you could turn them on/off by hitting certain buttons (example r1+l1+select at same time). I know this because I tried them with my Codebreaker and they did work. They ranged from just about anything but were mainly used with infinite health.

5. Harry62

Harry62 iDub Scrub

Yea, that is what I am looking for. Sounds like you may have lagged when switching weapons if you had the rocket launcher. This causes the weapon id to not change resulting in others seeing rockets. Same concept when you saw someone running in prone position.

6. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Navy SEAL

This is something I heard people did to cheat. I kicked a guy from my Clan who said he had a lag switch and would use his feet or toes to cut it on and off.

I think I have fallen through the fire pit on Desert Glory ended up under the map by accident.

I have fallen through the stairs on Boneyard in the ship.

People used to lean through the back wall outside the jail room on Desert Glory and shoot you if you were camped in the jail cell. I could never figure out how they did that one?

I have been shot by a person on Crossroads by the jump wall area where the awnings stick out, seemed like he was in the wall or under the awnings.

I have started a round on FrostFire and everyone on my team died as soon as we spawned?

I have seen people jump backwards on Vigilance and some how glitch through the ceiling and end up on the roof and then they roofed hopped all over the place.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  7. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG iDub Scrub

Interesting thread... Not sure the point but I'll play. LOL

I remember on DG you could jump off the cliff on the right side and live for a few seconds (like 8 or 10) outside of the map before automatically dying.

Anyone remember this?

***EDIT***

I think this was Confrontation actually. My bad. LOL

8. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Navy SEAL

Yeah, there are videos during TRS nights after the round is over and a few of us jumping off the cliff in DG falling into another realm of Socom.

WAR_PIG likes this.
  9. 1UP

1UP Butterstick

I actually had this happen on Blizzard and got kicked from my clan because they thought I was glitching. There wasn't even a turret on that map to do the AGG.

SkiMask and PAUL-AWOL- like this.
  10. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG iDub Scrub

I think I remember on Sujo getting on top of the sheds. I don’t know if this still works and I was never good at it, but in order to get ontop of the sheds, you have to find the one palm tree. there is a hill here. if you run towards the hill and jump at the last second, you will be ontop of it.

11. Harry62

Harry62 iDub Scrub

That sounds interesting. There exists a code called suicide massacre that can kill everyone in the game. This may explain what you experienced depending on how long ago this was.

12. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

This is not from the PS2 SOCOMs, but I remember running into guys on Confrontation all the time that would pour red smoke grenades out of their balloon knot and sometimes the smoke even seemed to kill you. Did anyone ever run into that on the PS2 games?

Harry62 likes this.
  13. rev

rev picard is lord

Eventually they were also in S2, during the C9 era for sure.

A lot of guys got caught using them, jokering "e-tags", "perfect aim with no recoil", double health, etc, etc. It was fucking stupid the lengths some people went to appear like a normal player.

14. Harry62

Harry62 iDub Scrub

You are correct. This was done by altering the SO:CON code on a hacked ps3. I spoke to the guys that figured it out years ago.

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  15. eVo7

eVo7 Butterstick

I guess the good thing is that I played during the GB competitive time where there were no codes. I stopping playing S2 seriously after late 2004.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  16. =Ronin=

=Ronin= The Captain of Makin' it Happen

There used to be a soft spot in the wall underneath the awning you had to prone to get into. Once inside you could run around underneath the jump wall and bell tower bonus room.

These are just a couple things I remember off the top of my head.

Sometimes someone would start the game with a seal character skin as a terrorist and vice versa.
    Someone would "poop" grenades everywhere when they shot. They wouldn't shoot grenades but it was almost like the shell casings became grenades.

Also does anyone remember for the first few months of SOCOM 1 there were "official" mods. They had fancy stars, coloured letters or something in their names.
    The bomb used to be glitched on nightstalker and if I remember correctly, if someone planted the bomb it would leave the room in endless limbo. But every once in a while one of these guys would come in the room invincible, spawn a new bomb, pick it up and go plant it. Once his bomb exploded the round would complete like usual and the game would resume.

17. Harry62

Harry62 iDub Scrub

Sounds like you may have been fooled by the early gamehax hackers. They used to do stuff similar to that.

18. 1UP

1UP Butterstick

I remember a glitch that happened during maintenance where there was a chance where you didn't get kicked off if you were in game during a load screen. Instead you'd get sent back to the online main menu and you'd see alot of medius_AIBots in player lists. There were alot of odd things I remember seeing when that happened but I was too stupid back then to think anything of it. It would have been nice to know what I know now back then.

This also happened on the r0002 test server by default back when you could still get on those.

19. dizee

dizee Night Stalker

Since I dug out my old PS2, I also found my old Codebreaker next to it. I never cheated on S2 online but S1 was another story as this video shows. Entered all of those codes myself sometime in 2002 or 2003 I bet.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123168652

Harry62 likes this.