PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Tournaments

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Bigfry, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Bigfry

Bigfry Negative Nelly

Hello everyone,
    As some of you may know, I am partnered with Battlegrounds, which means as a streamer/Youtuber, I create content that showcases the game and play the game, and pretty much just enjoy the ever living fuck out of it. They have a group of streamers called "Partners" who gain access to features beforehand to showcase to their communities.

Today marks the release of their 'Custom Game Mode' which means I can now host my own games, and spectate with free cam "Observer Mode" for tournaments. This is a huge deal to me, as I have been waiting for a long time to do this.

If you own Battlegrounds, please come through to the stream and join in the tournaments. For now, they will be completely free as I test the features, but I also plan on running entry fee tournaments to build prize pools(I have to check out all the legalities of that)

If you don't know what Battlegrounds is, check out some videos below. One of the best games on PC right now, and it gives you that rush of SOCOM adrenaline when you get down to the final 10.

Eagle_F15 and Swill like this.
  2. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

Custom game mode? Like you could build your own... 8v8?

3. meatloaf

meatloaf Green Up

loos like a respawn game

4. Suade

Suade Navy SEAL

Curious about this as well.

This game is really awesome and I love comp.

My only thing with these kinda of games in the competitive aspect is the matchmaking.

I really dislike that because how can you say you're the best against random players? How can you defend the crown? Really wish games would go back to lobbies but either way Pub g is the best game I've played in a long time.

It's not perfect but it's time to adapt and this game is great for what it is.

If you're doing a tourney I may follow this for more info. I have a team of 4 or 2 that would be interested.

5. xSneak

xSneak Butterstick

Ok i can do duos or squads. This is going to be hillarious. Would prefer duos unless you can get enough people for a full game.

If anyone is on the fence about this game, i would reccomend buying it if you sont mind camping.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Bigfry likes this.
  6. Bigfry

Bigfry Negative Nelly

Its a one life game mode. 100 people start with nothing, and go at it in a HUGE map.
    Last one Alive wins

7. Bigfry

Bigfry Negative Nelly

Modding will be coming, and yes, you can do that, but this just means I got my own custom Bigfry Server that I can run tournaments on!

8. Bigfry

Bigfry Negative Nelly

Yeah, tonight I will be testing to see what features I do have access to. Im hoping I can change the mode to Duos, Squads and singles. That would be a dream

9. meatloaf

meatloaf Green Up

what kind of pc would i need thanks

10. xSneak

xSneak Butterstick

At least a 4 core intel cpu or amd zen with a 1060 or rx470 equivalent. It doesn't run that good regardless of hardware right now.

11. XtErmin8

XtErmin8 Butterstick

One of the best games I've played in a looooong time. It's been really addicting.

Bigfry likes this.
  12. Bigfry

Bigfry Negative Nelly

Just got word that Servers have rolled out this morning! At work all day, so tonight, if y'all wanna bring that ass, we will be running Community games! I'm not sure how all this stuff works yet, so come help test!

13. Suade

Suade Navy SEAL

I saw a few minutes of your stream. Looks like you got teams of 8 somehow?

Not sure if I saw it wrong but that's pretty awesome. Was curious about the tourneys. How to sign up and what are the details? 8v8 seems like it would be pretty hectic but I have a team who is down for tourneys.

14. Bigfry

Bigfry Negative Nelly

Yeah, I can do Singles, Duos, all the way up to 8 man teams.
    THing about tournaments is this:

PUBG hasn't given us Admin tools to handle shit during the game. I've noticed a few teamers playing together during solo games and I can't do anything to give them the boot while I'm in game. This leads to people getting butthurt over being killed by teamers.
    Hackers is another thing. I personally haven't seen one while doing this, but I've seen a couple people bitch in chat about it. I myself think they just got killed and didn't know from where, but even so, IF there was a hacker, I can't stop it, yet.

I gotta wait until I get admin tools to squash shit in real time, but until then, we are running community matches every night, so if you and your guys want to come play, just drop by the stream and wait until a new game starts and join up!

15. Suade

Suade Navy SEAL

Ok cool I'll tt them to try and get 8.

How do we get to the specific server though? Do you just all join at the same time and hope to get in or is there a specific way?

16. Bigfry

Bigfry Negative Nelly

It basically works as if I was creating a room. So its only up when I start it

17. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 iDub Scrub

That's bad ass Fry! Wish I had a better PC to handle this game...

18. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

Anyone else having some weird issue with random crashing? I really haven't had the issue before, but tonight it crashed three times in about an hour.

First time crashed straight to windows without explanation, the game just basically shut off.

The next two times it gave me the memory dump error.

I am wondering if its just random or if a recent patch messed things up. It downloaded a patch prior to me playing tonight.

19. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

I've been looking at videos of this game and I want to play it so bad. First PC game that I've really been interested in. I'll snatch it when I got the money, I just hope my APU can run it.

20. dizee

dizee Night Stalker

if this game ever gets a dayz like mode id buy it. until then i just dont care about battle royale type games.

on dayz, any player encounter you had was unique and special. you could obvious just kill on site or you could fuck with people and take them hostage, you could grief them. so many things to do with other players. on these BR games, they are a dime a dozen and everyone is stacked in gear too which makes it even more lame.