PlayStation 4 System Software 4.5 Beta

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by SkiMask, Feb 8, 2017.

1. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

2. dizee

dizee Night Stalker

I am so excited about this new firmware with the boost mode for older PS4 games on PS4 Pro. Cannot wait to playthrough Bloodborne again with Boost mode on.

3. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I wasn't quite sure what it entailed, but I am always willing to stress test shit and try and make things better. Hopefully your being serious with regards to "boost mode" cause it almost sounds fucking sarcastic as fuck and I am willing to bet it is not and SONY just named it something so re-dick-culuous its re-cock-uluous.

4. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

It's called Boost Mode in the system settings. Games without a Pro patch are seeing like 8-10fps increases. Makes games like Assassin's Creed Unity and Just Cause 3 finally playable with an almost solid 30fps now.

5. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Boost Mode, WHERE YOU AT?

6. dizee

dizee Night Stalker

someone said that rb6 was running at over 100fps with boost mode on. im curious to see how it works for games already running at 60fps

SkiMask likes this.
  7. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

It works only in terrorist hunt. If a game has a capped framerate, it won't go past it. Siege is uncapped in TH, but he mainly got 100fps when he looked straight at the floor standing still.

I heard Just Cause 3, something that was complete dog shit, is now playable and it's basically night and day.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  8. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Can get fucked buddy. Almost platnumbed it and still wanted more. I actually beat all the extraneous shit first and never even thought about it fucking my chances of said Platinum. Certainly did.

Actually considered renting it "again for the weekend" to delete my save and re-squash it. I really HEARTED it and that's saying alot cause I hate everything these days. Well, actually that doesn't say shit other than I'm all fucked up.

It's one of those games like Steep for me that is mindless as all fuck, but let's my mind take a breather for just a tad while I enjoy gaming. That and you almost could never touch the ground in a sandbox really fucking huge. Seriously, I know I am a fruit. "Boost Mobile" gonna make that shit pop tho
    Did you sign up? Sounds like those with the Pro should really give this a try if they can make it in...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  9. dizee

dizee Night Stalker

yeah i signed up but if it makes it so you cannot play with people on the normal firmware then im not gonna do it.

SkiMask likes this.
  10. Murphdawg1

Murphdawg1 Night Stalker

Bloodborne still has frame pacing issues.

11. dizee

dizee Night Stalker

12. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

13. dizee

dizee Night Stalker

SkiMask and MR.BLONDE like this.
  14. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

WELL I'LL BE GOD DAMNED!

Hell of an update on the firm.

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  15. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

ShareFactory just got a good update too. Now you can clone clips instead of having to add and recut them every time. YouTube Pooping has never been easier for PS4 nubs. I'm getting that pump cramp again, good brother.

16. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

NOTIFICATIONS TAB IS GARBAGE. FUCKING GARBAGE. HOW YOU GO FROM WHAT YOU HAVE TO WHAT THEY HAVE IN THIS UPDATE IS BEYOND COMPREHENSION.

EASY TO NAVIGATE LIST WITH SUB-SECTIONS AND THE ABILITY TO DELETE THINGS LIKE PARTY INVITES? NAH FUCK THAT. HERE IS A MASSIVE PILE OF SHIT OF EVERYTHING WITH NO WAY TO DELETE ANYTHING. YOU'RE WELCOME.

Yes, I'm heated. Literally shut my fucking PS4 off after that considering I use that tab a lot due to always jumping into parties and shit.

S_L_I_C_K and MR.BLONDE like this.
  17. MR.BLONDE

Oh, Jesus. I just saw that. Yikes. This is some Apple-tier shit.

18. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

They said it was gonna be easier. You disagree?

19. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

You tell me..

[OLD]
    [​IMG]

[NEW]
    [​IMG]

Not my screenshots. Mine is literally littered with a dozen or more dead party links from the past couple days (that I can't fucking delete now like I could before), things saying someone had signed online, completed downloads, and other nonsense. It's fucking garbage.

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  20. MR.BLONDE

We should pipe this into any Sony channels there are. I was honestly very impressed when they introduced the old, functional notifications tab.