PlaystationLifeStyle Article: Is It Time for SOCOM PS4?

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by everythingred, Oct 23, 2017.

1. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

Article is posted here:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/10/23/is-it-the-right-time-for-socom-ps4/

MADDENKING1980 and dizee like this.
  2. Bacterin

Bacterin The Confidant

How come every time this question is brought up, people feel the need to say things like, "I don't think it will happen or I don't think it should".

Thanks for that. They write an article to try to bring some awareness and it's really necessary to cast more doubt and negativity to a game that's already in the dark. What does that achieve? You say you want the game but then proceed to not use this opportunity to push it to the moon.

Another example of how the people who are stepping forward to speak should not be speaking. Sounds egotistical to say but sometimes the truth hurts.

I gave my reply in the comment section.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  3. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

1. this website is fugly

2. Could they have found a worse group of people to pull quotes from?

"the extent of my socom experience was actually on PSP"

"I loved playing Socom on the ps3"

"I was never a socom guy"

This is the best they could come up with? What an amazing collection of people to represent the Socom Community lol.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  4. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

In my opinion, I think it was a dumb piece. You have guys who haven't played the series on the PS2 commenting but figured I'd post it since people are talking about it.

5. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

That's the image of Socom today like it or not. The franchise hasn't been around in any meaningful way since 2008 with confrontations release and the last game of the franchise was less than spectacular for everyone, not just hardcore fans. It's been a long time now and that time has buried us deeper into irrelevance. The market and gaming culture with each release changes and leaves us deeper on a forgotten grave. Fact they even discuss it at all is amazing to me.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and Swill like this.
  6. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

Who cares if people who never played commented or if they played only on psp or ps3. Why is their opinion not valid on whether we should get a new socom? Newsflash, if we are ever to get another socom, they are going to have to be able to draw in people who have not played the series before or never played the ps2 games. Thats going to be a incredibly difficult task after years of games like COD, Destiny and other AAA shooters handholding and coddling gamers.

im glad to see socom being talked about and comments being discussed on another website. do i agree with some of the comments? Nope, but having a conversation is alot better than nothing being said at all.

7. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

I never said it was irrelevant. I asked if that was the best they could come up with.

You could literally interview anyone here and get a better response than what they came up with in their "article".

The discussion of handheld versus console is a very relevant topic, at least in my opinion. If they announced a new Socom tomorrow, and it was for the VITA, I would be more pissed than anything.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and Swill like this.