PS Now

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by S_L_I_C_K, Jul 31, 2014.

1. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

ok i dont know if this has been brought up or not since the ps now beta started back whenever it started. but, i have seen multiple posts on the possibility of playing old socom games on this new ps4 feature. but the downside was the possibility of not being able to play the mp portions of the games. well, i just played mx/atv alive on ps now. the servers for that game were shut down around 2 years ago, but, i was able to play that game online using ps now. so, is this good news for socom games on the service? thoughts?

2. Sikkamore

Sikkamore Claymore Jumper

Open beta started yesterday I believe. As of right now Sony can only confirm PS3 titles being supported with the possibility of PS1/PS2/PS4 games in the future. But, from what I've read, the price per game is $49.99 for 90 days. Sorry, but even SOCOM can't get me to pay that much lol

3. Tawok

Tawok has left the building

Holy hell that's steep. This won't catch on, if it's that expensive.

4. /SS/ PEIPER

/SS/ PEIPER Finisher

I'd love to play some of these old games, but only at a reasonable price. I remember I bought the first Resident Evil off the PSN early on in my PS3 days, and I came away disappointed. The way it looked in my memories was miles away from what it looked like a couple of years ago. I think the graphics advancements have spoiled us. On the other hand, Socom 1 and 2 transcended graphics with the fluid gameplay, so I don't think it would be that big of a deal with them.
    I would play S-1 and 2 if even just for the single player missions. They were that good.

5. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

the pricing is bad but it isnt that bad. most of the games were $3 for 4 hours, $6 for a week, $8 for a month, and $15 for 90 days. but they are going to make it a subscription service, if they do that i think it would be a good deal as long as they dont charge like $500 a month...

6. 21gunz

21gunz Chopsticks

Playstation same as WWE are trying to bank on nostalgia, it can work but same time is not guarantee. If the price is too steep then regardless of how much nostalgia we want to relive that type of money that can change someones mind.

7. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

Are you sure the servers were shutdown for that game? I could of swore I read that the online parts of games that were off stayed off.

8. LUKENBACHER

LUKENBACHER (Retired) TRS Staff

wut? Has Sony lost their damn minds? Stuff like this lets me know that building my own PC and using Steam was a wise choice over buying a current-gen console.

That would be our luck as SOCOM fans. Sony brings SOCOM back for the PS4 and rapes us on price. H-Hour's funding process is looking grim at this point in my opinion, and all SOCOM servers have been shut down along with Zipper. We just can't win.

I swear. The SOCOM franchise is friggin cursed...

oGSpY and /SS/ PEIPER like this.
  9. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

It's $14.99 for 90 days not $49.99.

10. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

yeah they were offline for quite some time. when rainbow studios went under all the servers for all their games went offline. the only reason i rented it last night was to see if the online would work and it did.

11. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

which on one hand i see as expensive, but on the other hand, not really. if its a single player game then i dont see that as being a bad price, rent it for $15, finish the sp and move on, not a bad price to play a game you never played before. but if you are renting it for long term mp, then its a bit of a rip off. in a years time you could have bought the game at full retail.
    so, i dont know, i am kind of up in the air of the price structure, i want to see what they are going to do with the subscription idea they are throwing around.

12. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

I have no idea why anyone would want to play something online through a streaming service. I just don't get it. The input lag and lag of streaming will making playing anything online in a competitive fashion a nightmare. I wouldn't even use the service for a SP game.

13. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

i played mx/atv for about 4 hours last night and it didnt seem any different than it did when i played it on disc. i probably ran at least a dozen online races with no problems, in fact the invitation system seemed to work smoother than it did before. we always had issues getting people into rooms and having to have different people host or whatever. last night it just worked.

14. Suade

Suade Vanila Gorila

I played the closed beta and the price killed it for me as well.

The only way I'd do it is if it was $9.99 per month and if S2 was on there.

There were no lag issues at all in any of the pm games I tested.

The problem is the company's that sell the game are getting their cut and it's going to be hard for Sony to just pay every company from people using a subscription fee unless they have a department devoted to tracking who plays what.

15. LUKENBACHER

LUKENBACHER (Retired) TRS Staff

I still don't like a monthly fee for old games. Is it some kind of universal subscription that offers "all the old games you can play" for $14.99 a month? Or is this the price for one game?

I played each SOCOM for 2-3 years each, if not more. That would come out to $360 - $540 for each SOCOM if you chose to play it that long.

Re - DICK - you - Lus

WAR_PIG likes this.
  16. Sikkamore

The question is it it $14.99 to just USE Now or is it PER GAME? Per game that's just fucking retarded and Sony might just lose my business all together lol

17. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

per game, for now.

18. WRX_

WRX_ Too many sheep on this site

Holy f*ck, $14.99 per month?!??!?! That is beyond absurd. I would say that price point is too high and will be a waste of time for Sony to even release the service. I can't see many people paying that much to play old games.

19. Sikkamore

Rip offffffffffffff.

$14.99 for 3 months, not 1.

20. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

Do people know how to read? Serious question.

$2.99 for 4 Hours
    $5.99 for 7 Days
    $7.99 for 30 Days
    $14.99 for 90 Days

I don't see what the problem is with pricing outside of the first tier. People just want to bitch I guess.

xPREDICTIONx likes this.