PUBG 4vs96

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by HTK, Jul 28, 2017.

1. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Here is the Xbox One trailer from E3. I've played this game quite a bit on PC and hopefully it'll make its way to PS4 so I can play with some consolite friends.

This game is hear pounding from the moment you parachute down and the longer you stay alive the higher the adrenaline gets. Really hope this game has a good console release so more folks can experience it and enjoy it.

WAR_PIG, Eagle_F15 and Organ-Donor like this.
  2. Organ-Donor

Organ-Donor Butterdick

I don't play on PC so I've only seen some streams/videos of it. Looks really fucking fun. I'd love for it to come to PS4, disappointing it will be Xbox timed exclusive, from what I've read. Will there be any downgrades when coming to console because of limitations (player count, map size, etc.)? At least Xbox has a release date of this year, I'm still waiting on H1Z1/king of the kill to hit PS4.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  3. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

That trailer in the OP looks like the PC version on ultra. There's no way it will look like that on console. Most everyone on PC is running most of the graphics settings on low due to fps being as low as 20-30 on ultra.

The game is extremely fun but it ultimately comes down to luck. Playing squads is by far the best mode imo.

4. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

I think this video is a rough estimate on how the game will have to be scaled down to be playable on the PS4/Xbox1. Considering that the closets equivalents to their graphical power are a Radeon HD 7870 or 7850. There is definitely going to be some optimizing wizardry at work.

5. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

So this is a Battle Royal type scenario, right?

Does it result in ridiculous camping when the players are trimmed down? I could see a total campfest happening once the player count got to single digits.

6. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

By then, the play area has shrunken down to accomodate the low count. If there is still some campage going on, eventually the boundary should flush them out.

7. MACK IS GOD

Ahhh. I see. So its sort of like raising the blinds in a poker tournament to force action as the field thins out. Makes sense.

Now whats to stop collusion and groups of a dozen or more guys going around and working as a team to pick off all the players playing solo and giving them a much better chance to place higher?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  8. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

Wish it wasn't battle royale and was like dayz. Battle royale shooters always feel like the combat is forced and artificial and you can't grief or fuck around with people like you can on dayz.

Force feeding people on dayz rotten food or Windex were epic.

9. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

You'll get banned if someone reports and there is enough evidence.

10. MACK IS GOD

Lolwut?

Gonna need an explanation and hopefully video of this.

Organ-Donor likes this.
  11. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

yeah dayz was epic. could grief people in so many ways. handcuff them, break their legs and leave em for dead, force feed them rotten food or windex, give them a blood transfusion with the wrong blood type. so much fun to do outside of just playing the game as normal.

thats why i havent gotten pubg. i tried h1z1 and it just wasnt as good because most people played the battle royale mode. you will never see that type of gameplay on those BR games, there is no incentive for people to fuck with people, its just a kill on site game.

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  12. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

You ever watch Daniel?

Organ-Donor likes this.
  13. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

rofl thats epic. dayz was seriously awesome until the cheaters just massacred every server. and those sort of games are awful with cheaters since it ruins hours of progress from loot you found.

14. Organ-Donor

Organ-Donor Butterdick

I was watching some of his other videos, had me cracking up lmao.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Tawok likes this.
  15. Tawok

Tawok Not *That* Kinda Guy

Daniel is a fucking treasure. I've watched every one of his videos MINIMUM five times. They're masterpieces. Vote Daniels is easily his best so far, but he keeps teasing an absolutely massive project that will blow our collective minds.

WAR_PIG likes this.
  16. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

You're such a toxic jackass. You for sure ruined the games for those poor people.

dizee likes this.
  17. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

lol game was so much fun. Nothing like playing "3 questions" with someone you held up, then killing them regardless of it they answered them all right.

Very toxic.

18. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

60fps will be a tall order for PUBG on consoles but I rather take that over graphics, I played this game on PC on low settings and the game still looked great. But yeah desperately needs optimization which will be good for the PC version as well.

19. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

It would take a lot of coordination to get into the same server and it has happened in SOLO and DUO. It's not as widespread on PC but the dev have been really good at banning people.

Every game has it's SERVER # at the bottom of the screen and when you see something you can snap a picture of the group and a name if you get to kill them or they kill you. In any case you can report and they look into it and can ban folks that way.

20. MACK IS GOD

Is there in game communication with other players?

I would think its just human nature to try and find people to work together with. So I could see finding people in game who you dont necessarily have any relationship with and deciding to work together to kill some people in your vicinity. I dont know if there is any visible indicator of health or strength of other players, but I would look for healthy stronger players and try to work with them to eliminate weaker players.

And then obviously turn on those players once they turned their back on me.