Pushing the switch to SVDL idea

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by dizee, Jun 17, 2017.

?

Good idea?

1. Count me in

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No this is dumb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

think the main benefit to using svdl over xlink is having a active admin on there who can maintain the server. xlink is the wild wild west basically. im also hoping it eliminates the room splits and host join failures/booting

2. Focuzed

Focuzed iDub Scrub

So thread, are we getting this done tomorrow night? I got my invite, installed. Not really sure how to set it up but I'm sure there are instructions somewhere on the SVDL site. Are we shooting for tomorrow night? I'd like to stream this for people to see.

3. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

The tournament is going to take weeks to plan and from what I have seen we have nowhere close to enough people who want to do it. We need atleast 16 people to have either multiple 4v4 teams or 1 8v8.

4. Focuzed

Focuzed iDub Scrub

I wasn't talking about a tournament, just testing out the SVDL to see how it runs

5. brad2192

brad2192 iDub Scrub

I can appreciate any alternative to X-Link, but ff you guys can remember the SOCOM Unified Server I had created to run in parallel with X-Link it was a Virtual Lan Server that worked flawlessly with the X-Link orbs, It held perfect connection as it was primarily server based eliminating much of the P2P lag and connection issues. socomus.com was completely free and I spent hours creating it and a couple hundred on the server and FiOS 500 Mbps up/down internet. I had a Facebook page, a website, as well as every other asset needed to get people involved. It didn't bite, so I don't see why waiting another 4 years for SCDL to come out when it was already here is worthwhile. No disrespect to Dom and his efforts, although he talked mad shit about my project. I just don't see it working. Especially how "selective" of a Moderator he is already, I wouldn't want him keeping my IP as I've seen in his screencaps" The build seems pretty amatuer as is.

6. eVo7

eVo7 Demolition Junkie

Not to be a nitpick or anything but as soon as i read fios 500 symetrical i was turned off seeing as that is a residential class internet service.

7. Tawok

Tawok has left the building

I'd honesty give SUS a try now that we're all open to trying new shit. It's a timing thing man. When you came around with SUS we weren't really pissed off at XLINK en masse, and if I remember correctly you gained some traction abroad.

If you're saying you can alleviate the issues that are killing our community, like the disconnects, room splits, mp join failures, "I can't see WARPIG, and I know he's in the game!", we'd jump all over that shit. You still wanna do this?

WAR_PIG likes this.
  8. brad2192

brad2192 iDub Scrub

Whatever I got was the "Small Business Package" I guess I'm mistake on the speed, whatever that package was was what I had.

9. brad2192

brad2192 iDub Scrub

Yeah man SUPER*MAN had me thinking about it the other night, I just might.. socomus.com gets shut down tomorrow I'm pretty weary of dropping more money on renewing my site for it to just repeat again. IDk.

10. felt
    The talking mad shit lol. It was mainly criticism and after it appear to me as a self glory and troll attempt at the time I decided to tell the community what I felt of it. It was mainly cause I did not count it as legitimate program. You was running XLink Kai/XBSLink on your PC and some how acting like you created something.

You seem to misunderstand the advantages of peer2peer and dedicated. Your program(Edit what program?) was not even really dedicated people on XBSLInk (Which you called BradLink) were connecting to people on that program peer2peer and the XLink Kai users were peer2peer to people on XLink Kai. Which it did not worked flawlessly with X-Link orbs as you claim. You had banned XLink Kai users using this as a proxy way to play on XLink Kai. Really that all that really seem to use it.

There was major peer2peer issues because your xlink was not always on the right orbital. It caused a messed if someone on XBSLink joined a room with one perosn on xlink kai that could connect to your xlink account as other people will not able to join the room.

As of the other four years it not like I getting pay to work on S.V.D.L. As a free project I got to only spend time on it when I can aworthful to. I do not want to release something that not as close as flawless as possible. The donation option to help which it as with hosting. It going to be totally free program to use.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  11. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

Kill the noise and get a room up with this. I'm sure you got some numbers from trs ready to try this. Set up a date that works with everyone's schedule and stream this on twitch.

12. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

I will likely have my PS3 back early next week so maybe we can shoot for getting as many of us with SVDL on next weekend. Once I get mine back I am gonna donate to Dom.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  13. brad2192

brad2192 iDub Scrub

I never called it Bradlink? Might want to check the release notes on my actual build.. I had spoken with the creator of XBS and used the half of his original build and used it as a platform of my own. Took me two weeks, and it worked. The only "issues" you're describing are the ones with it being connected to X-Link (X-Link being the actual issue. I don't think there's much validity to four years in the making if there was any effort at all. I agree with @oni64, put out a release. My project worked, and it still was a hard catch. Would just like to see people playing. I don't think people would pay the $5 though considering out of the 4 years of your build you've had only 2 screencaps of proof. Let's see it Dom.

14. So it took you two week to figure out how to create a room on XBSLink? I still do not understand how you claiming it as your project. Considering all you did was create a room on XBSLink and had XLink Kai running on the same computer.

15. brad2192

brad2192 iDub Scrub

You know what I'm saying @Dominator94 , the little remarks are cute but we both know what I just said. I completely redesigned the program as I stated previously. But, let's just pretend you're right and see another screenshot of yours lol. See, this is what makes the community grow toxic. Little turds like you would rather cause problems then help find solutions. #SVDLBelieve

16. Lol troll alert Brad2192. Blocking bradtroll 2192 will no longer response to, or read messages.

17. brad2192

brad2192 iDub Scrub

NACl. Just grow up.

18. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Listen guys, if you're not gonna talk productively about stuff that could provide the SOCOM community a viable alternative to Xlink then maybe just walk away from this particular thread. The personal stuff is not helping anything.

19. brad2192

brad2192 iDub Scrub

Hence why I said "cause problems, not solutions." The solution was socomus.com, the solution can still be SVDL if he comes up with something other than a screencap and salty remarks of my successful creation.

20. SHUDRSKI

SHUDRSKI Butterstick

So right now is SDVL active as in if a few of us log onto it we will be able to play eachother or no its not active yet? Because if it is actively working, I can get a few people over to try it out sooner than later.