Pushing the switch to SVDL idea

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by dizee, Jun 17, 2017.

?

Good idea?

1. Count me in

12 vote(s)
    92.3%
  2. No this is dumb

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

I'd be glad to try SVDL. I've been one of the longest running SOCOMers on Xlink, period. I've only see a screenshot of SVDL and never been offered to try it. I am not donating $5.00 to download something that isn't fully operational. The option should be available to donate if someone wishes, but not required.

I'll try this Unified Server stuff too. Whichever one works better wins.

Animal-_- likes this.
  2. When it meet all of my standards it will be available to everyone. The donate option was just cause I figure people that willing to donate will be more supporter of it which seems to be true. As I won't want everyone first impression to be bad. The donation option been available since the first functional version was ready.

3. SHUDRSKI

SHUDRSKI Butterstick

Whenever it is close to ready, or you want people to test it. Please let me know because I'd be down to try it for sure. I'm down to donate for trials. Anything better than Xlink at the moment. Just cant donate now just to donate. Still got to buy controllers and shit just to play xlink proper. Xlink booting me all the time is bad for my controllers health :)

4. brad2192

brad2192 The SOCOM on PC Guy

5. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

I think there is a trade off involving as many people as you can. You figure out issues faster because you have a larger mass of people trying to help you make it work. Same games with the Unified Server.

I get that projects like this become competitive and I see why you and @brad2192 are being the way you are. You both want your project to be the one people want to play. Sometimes it is best to just hop in a Discord/Skype call together and mutually figure out what would be best to provide the community for growth. Xlink has had its issues off and on. If guys like you all with the knowledge and talent can provide an alternative that would be amazing.

SHUDRSKI and Animal-_- like this.
  6. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

whoever has svdl, hop in the discord sometime and lets try to mess around with it to see how well it works. id really like to get atleast 4 or 5 of us on this weekend to try it too. maybe friday before community night or saturday/sunday.

SkiMask and SHUDRSKI like this.
  7. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Like almost as tired as planting fucking seeds and leading from the side for months on end? That kind of tired or...

The cumulative ken of this place is astounding considering the photons emitted from the surface.

The answer is 8 minutes and 20 seconds & Kenneth Ferraro by the way, you're welcome.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  8. I was just trying to make community aware of what Unified Server is as I do think he misleading people it not really out of competitive. I did not know he actually had version of XBSLink that re-branded with is branding as far I know the only changes he made were re-branding which I think it wrong to take a GPL license project and replace it with your own branding it also in violation of the GPL license as he did not even release the sources which is require by the GPL License https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html. Which is why I do not plan on making S.V.D.L a open source project.

Lot of the information he got of how XBSLink even works was from me then he start talking trash about me which doesn't bother me, but do you really want someone that going to do that in any kind of power position?

As of S.V.D.L once I get the next build ready I do plan on opening it up to more people, but probably won't be fully public until it proved to be working as flawless as possible. The next build should probably be ready by this weekend, or next weekend. The next build also fixed good amount of issues found by the group of people that do have it. As I do want to get it to the public soon as it kind of got dragged out the process of developing it. The last build release was 3/7/17 as I been slacking lol.

9. brad2192

Again, trying to tear down the community instead of fix it. I did not violate any licensing agreement.As me and the guy from XBSLink exchanged many emails about me using the core of his project. If you'd like to find someone who actually knows how to compile and decompile software they'd tell you just as anyone else the LAST thing I did was focus on the appearance of the program. I tossed in a wallpaper and kept the windows pretty much the same. If you have any valid accusations please post proof here, otherwise stop posting meaningless accusations if you have nothing to back it up, like your program. Otherwise, if SVDL was going so well you'd keep your mouth shut because you wouldn't be worried. BUt, this honestly makes you sound salty and threatened. And there's no reason for it, I'd be happy to see the community on it's feet with whatever program they choose, so cut the bullshit and get back to building the program or whatever you're pretending to do.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  10. eVo7

eVo7 Hillary Clinton's I.T. Guy

Lots of salt going on up in here.

[​IMG]

brad2192 likes this.
  11. brad2192

Yes, I am deeply upset of a program that does not exist that came from a guy whose balls don't exist. Also, getting recycled meme's from a guy who's favorite car only exists in his username and not in his driveway. Why you cheerleading anyways? You get a 50% off coupon for SVDL blowing Dom or something?

12. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

exactly...

@Dominator94 (i mean no disrespect by this) my issue right now is that the site is asking for a $5 donation for early access, we get sent the file, and its incomplete. ive been waiting for an update since purchase date.

It that continues, it could sour some of the community. Id recommend taking that down until its fully ready to go. id be excited to get behind this but havent seen it fully operational yet.

13. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

he has a update coming this weekend

14. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

im hoping that the case. Trip and I were told 2 weekends ago about an update as well with it falling through.

It sounds like im throwing him under the bus but if im putting money into something, $5 or not, id think that the product was tested first beforehand.

that all being, I hope this works. The interface of SVDL is nice and the fact there isnt orbs will be a big thing for people.

15. eVo7

[​IMG]

Name has nothing to do with the car, and you're both salty.

16. eVo7

It was a donation.

17. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I agree, it's kinda lame to watch this become a pissing match.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  18. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

Donating money for early access.....

http://socomlan.com/downloads.php

if its not ready, clear up the messaging there or prior to email out the file.

19. The donation is just to get early access to a program that not quite ready for the public. Which also give you a chance to let us know any general feedback, suggests, and bug reports. If anyone wants their donation back their can request it on Paypal, email donate@socomlan.com(any of the socomlan.com emails were work), or let me know directly.

Sorry for the delay for the update. The new update coming this weekend. It fixes the issues with packet capture library not always running. It also includes the DHCP server so people will be able to play without needing to edit their network configuration. It includes the golden name anyone that donated gets. Also fixes good amount of other bugs with the current build. I could of probably just released a hot fix the fix the problem lot of people were having, but really wanted the next build to run on the current codebase as it incldue many bug fixes.

There also possible other surprises that maybe be throw in to the next build. If not were be later.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  20. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

appreciate the hard work youre putting into this. as stated, my only beef is maybe setting this up more in my head of something that was ready and is in some sort of beta status.