Real Answers to Real Questions

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by Swill, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Mr. Dunham,

I'm going to ask you two questions. In all honesty, I don't expect an answer from you, but I'm going to give it a go anyways.

I think these questions are legitimate questions, and I know that there are others out there in the SOCOM Community who would love to know the answers as well. So, here we go:

1) Whose decision was it to "Casualize" SOCOM with SOCOM 4? Was that a Zipper decision, or was that influenced by SONY?

2) Why does it seem that a SOCOM HD Remake is being completely ignored, despite the fact that it's got over 10,000 positive votes on the HD Blogshare? Is SONY for some reason resisting it, or do they just not have a clue about it?

If you could provide some real answers, even vaguely, to these questions, I know many would appreciate it. We deserve to have some answers.

Thanks.

2. DunhamSmash

DunhamSmash Butterstick

There are no definitive answers to either that I can offer.

1) I don't know, honestly. I've heard different things from different people. The people making the calls changed a few times and where it originally started, again, I've heard different things from different people (decision was made before I started)

2) Don't know. That was a level above me. Ultimately, our panel of directors (President, VP, Game Director, Production Director, Art Director, etc,) come to a conclusion on what projects to work on before taking them to Sony and from there, things get rolling.

3. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Fair enough man.

Thanks for answering, and best of luck finding something new that fits your passions.

4. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

I respect them just for the fact that as much crap as they had to take along the way both are still willing to talk to Socom fans and answer what they can. Lesser people probably would have said "fuck those pricks" because of all the bashing they went through lol.

I just hope they understood that just as they were only the messenger for Zipper we were wanting them to be the messenger for us. Much of our criticism wasn't for them but rather points we wanted them to carry on to the Luisis, Sodabergs, Steiners, etc. Along the way. It's a tough spot to be in when your wanting to give the fans some good news but all you keep getting from the bosses is crap the fans don't want to hear and have to try to find a positive way to spin it to keep your bosses happy.

5. Number_7__

Number_7__ Chopsticks

For sure, much respect for Dunham, Roper, and HTK. God knows how much I wanted to go off towards them for every post that revolved around the phrase "soon" lol. They both sure are stand up guys though.

6. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Soon Number 7 Soon.

7. Number_7__

Number_7__ Chopsticks

lol! :D

8. DunhamSmash

DunhamSmash Butterstick

Thanks guys, I should list you as references as I job hunt. :)

Kenan~ Don't forget - Mayweather/Cotto on May 5!

9. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Is this going down at your casa?

10. DunhamSmash

DunhamSmash Butterstick

Of course. :)

11. ufshane

ufshane Demolition Junkie

We are missing one of the three amigos in all of this, Jeremy can you get a rope around Chris and get him over here ;)

12. SLAYNE920

SLAYNE920 Quickscoper

Hey Jeremy.. Mind a few more questions?

I'm just wondering... How does one's idea come forth and gets pushed through?

Similar to your idea, the SOCOM: Legacy project, how did you propose this to your superiors? Basically, I'm wondering what you went through and how and what the processes were like?

And also (if you could), how was it met? Warm reception? Was it an OMG moment for everyone?? (which I doubt) And did you make it all the way to Sony? Until of course it was met with an utter 'double-thumbs-down' and a "Heck NO!" LOL

Or, did you not even pass the panel of directors? Was it just something not in their current plans?

Alright, just curious that's all. Again, thank you.

13. WellRounded

WellRounded Demolition Junkie

Im just curious as to if any of the shot callers and higher ups at Zipper even liked the PS2 Socom Navy Seals Series....seems like they despised the originals.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought there was supposed to be some "REAL ANSWERS" somewhere in this Thread. All I see is a bunch of pathetic brown nosing, and the same ol" Uh....I don't Know" story we have been hearing for years.

15. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

No brown nosing here. It's simply a matter of not laying the blame on the people who had no control on the situation. And I can tell you this right now. If I was into game development and I felt like divulging some information to a few forum goers might breach my contract and cause Sony to not want to employ me in any of their other studios, I sure as hell wouldn't be putting my job prospects at risk either.

16. DarthViper

DarthViper Navy SEAL

Good luck on your upcoming new job, might I suggest that you speak up if you see your company doing something completely wrong that would endanger your job security.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In all honesty Tomb, I wasn't trying to single anyone out, and I agree with you, on the latter. I just don't think Martini Time is a great way to remind everyone how much you "Don't Know".

18. timmy

timmy Butterstick

Dunham and Roper were definitely great community reps. much respect to them both.

19. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

That sounds like it could of been an issue in itself. If the decision makers kept changing I don't think it is a stretch to say that could effect the quality and focus of the decisions themselves.

20. SpaceGerbil1

SpaceGerbil1 Demolition Junkie

Yes because you know exactly what he wants to do? Destroy his job prospects / profession relationships because he spoke about confidential information he is still not allowed to, to a bunch of people that made his job completely miserable (I think ;-))

If you want "REAL ANSWERS", try to at least get him drunk first. :p