S2 r0005 patch v0.4 Release

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by Harry62, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Junked

Junked iDub Scrub

Could @Harry62 use the r0004 patch and use his custom anti cheat on top of that? I have a friend that probably has the r0004 on an old memory card.

2. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

Adding HDD maps is currently out of reach without the use of the r0004 patch. I have zero plans to use the r0004 patch unless it can be decompressed and rebuilt.

That requires rewriting the patch to work with r0004. I'm not going that unless r0004 can be uncompressed and rebuilt.

3. Junked

Junked iDub Scrub

I could try my hand at getting that done for you, if you so choose. What would I need to achieve this?

4. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

5. Junked

Junked iDub Scrub

6. 1UP

You shouldn't need one, it can be done with the emulator. Well actually that's not really true you do need your bios :p

7. Junked

Junked iDub Scrub

I wanna get the raw patch r0004 file from the memory card onto USB stick to PC. Then go from there. I'm new to this shit. Is that a good way to start?

8. 1UP

Realistically if you can run codes on your ps2 , you don't need it. All you need is a memory dump of r0004.

But I find it easier to not use the ps2 and use the emulator so yes you will need to get the patch off your ps2, you will also need your BIOS otherwise the patch won't load.

EDIT
    Actually you don't need a dump of r0004, you need a dump of the base game since that's what loads the patch.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    Junked likes this.
  9. SHUDRSKI

SHUDRSKI Butterstick

Is it possible to use a launcher for the ps3, via usb? I bought a backwards compatible ps3 to play right before this patch stuff came out. any ideas? Or some sort of external drive that will automatically load it? Maybe a mem dump of the game files that launch that stuff?

10. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

Depends. If you're on CFW then you can create and ISO with the patch already in it. I'd suggest putting ulaunchelf in the ISO instead and launching the patch via USB still. There will be updates so you'd have to recreate the ISO every time if you put the patch directly in it.

11. SHUDRSKI

SHUDRSKI Butterstick

Anyway you could post the steps to do this. I have an idea what I'm suppose to do, but no idea how to do it.

12. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

The OP explains this.

13. SHUDRSKI

SHUDRSKI Butterstick

Thanks man, appreciate it. Not very tech savvy with this stuff. I'm going to work on it. Ill let you know if it works, you can probably spread the word better than I can.

14. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

Could we have a vote for cutting off the kill cam following people. Seems to be the biggest problem people have with third party communication.

Medux likes this.
  15. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

Make a thread with a poll for any patch change requests.

16. eVo7

eVo7 Hillary Clinton's I.T. Guy

Been noticing a trend lately, when playing in an unpatched room and someone with the patch joins the game MID GAME, it seems to be completely fucking up the rooms, skipping rounds, showing mixed up teams, showing more won round that actually won, etc....

@Swill @MACK IS GOD can confirm this.

17. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

It also makes it burn really bad when I piss and gives me red painful sores on my shaft too.

eVo7 likes this.
  18. 1UP

Could you get a video of that happening?

19. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Might be on @Tawok last stream from Friday night. I happened when we were playing Nightstalker so it should be easy to find if he has it up.

20. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

The VODs from Friday are on Tawok's Twitch channel. I believe Nightstalker was near the end of the night. There was also some weird shit happening on Sandstorm with the rounds ending instantly although I didn't see evidence that it had anything to do with any patched players.