S2 r0005 patch v0.4 Release

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by Harry62, Jul 31, 2015.

1. 1UP

1UP Grenade Spammer

The reason I ask is because as far as I am aware Harry hasn't changed anything (as in there hasn't been a recent update) and for that to be happening all of a sudden doesn't make any sense. Not saying it couldn't happen, it just doesn't make sense.

I don't watch streams or anything so I have no idea where to even look for a video. However if I remember correctly things that involved rounds and that such was based on the host. There were some codes way back in the day where you could turn any game into a respawn game however it only worked if you were the host of the game. So I think that might also be then same thing for rounds as well.

2. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

To me that sounds like a desync issue with Xlink which I seen before even Harry's patch was released.

hexum likes this.
  3. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

i was watching @hexum stream last night and some fucked up shit happened on abandoned. i think he clipped it. basically a player got killed and then got killed a second time like 10 secs later/

4. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

To add to what I originally said, I think the more orbitals on xlink, the more desync will become apparent. I remember a few years back strange things like terrorist winning after 5 secs into the round would happen. This was back when there was like 3 or 4 orbitals. Or it could be xlink having issues on that day. Just my two cents.

5. 1UP

1UP Grenade Spammer

That actually used to happen on the actual servers as well.

6. brad2192

brad2192 iDub Scrub

X-Link has been having quite a few issues... And now for my plug socomus.com was great way to avoid that!

7. WESTC0AST

WESTC0AST Butterstick

Put the patch right on the ps2 home menu.

Make it a whole lot easier and faster.

8. Harry62

Harry62 Computer Room Technician

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017 at 9:33 PM
    MR.BLONDE likes this.
  9. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

your link is still linking to .49, i just copy and pasted the link to get the new one.

10. Harry62

lol, corrected

11. Pacman

Pacman Green Up

Thankfully to a ConsoleCodes Facebook group I have found that there is a community still. I cannot wait until this weekend to boot up this custom patch!

12. Harry62

Long time no see Pacman. Do you have a link to the CC group?

13. SHUDRSKI

SHUDRSKI Butterstick

Ive been having a lot of issues on Xlink lately. I'm going to download an earlier version of it nd see if that helps. I guess this latest version isn't the greatest. I'm having to constantly restart my computer as fully exiting xlink dosent always work anymore. I'll be waiting for a spot to free up in a room and all of a sudden my console wont be found and I cant see any rooms. Several times in last few weeks, entire room will get booted it seems other than myself, and has happened to several other people as well. This is all on Combined Assault mind you, where there is no patch to affect anyone. I think Xlink is taking a dump, because a guy on a reddit page (will try and find so i cant post link) said similar things, and he plays Xbox thru xlink. I think the people that are setting it up manually, and a lot of new people are setting everything to auto, might be conflicting? Not sure. But I've had that issue once or 2x on S2, more on CA, but I play CA more so that's expected. All in all I don't think that the patched players are causing any issues, I could be wrong, but seems to be happening to everyone else as well. I have yet to have any ingame issues though, like stated above. No dying twice or rounds ending early, etc on CA. Just the booting problems that I'm aware of.

14. 1UP

1UP Grenade Spammer

Well that's a name I haven't seen in years.

Pacman likes this.