S2 r0005 patch v0.4 Release

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by Harry62, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

@Harry62 , I just downloaded the patch from the link you posted. Do I have to have a special memory card to use it or no? I'm not sure how the process works.

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  2. ninjawarrior-56

ninjawarrior-56 Green Up

You need a McBoot memory card preloaded with Elf Loader which most do.

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  3. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

first thing first, make sure your ps2 model can use it. i believe all fats can use it and most slims. Go on ebay, buy a memory card with free mcboot on it. cost like 8-10 bucks with shipping. this is essentially custom firmware for a PS2. put it in memory card slot 2, keep your normal socom memory card in slot 1.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PlayStation...365712?hash=item1a1dd0b0d0:g:a8IAAOSwGtRXx4OH

put harrys patch onto a usb flash drive, plug it into your ps2 and then just follow hexums guide. it is very straight forward.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  4. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

seriously man the game mode is fun as shit but this is what i love...

the fact that we can have names now over players in spectating mode only is going to give a whole new perspective to streaming matches.

https://clips.twitch.tv/YawningAdorableQueleaHeyGuys

Animal-_- likes this.
  5. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

@Swill

that link @dizee posted has the card for 7.99+delivery for another 2.45

for that $11 ill send you one today. since you dont need a usb already thats doable. let me know

6. Almericus

Almericus Bullshit proof warrior

Such talent, Harry. You have no idea how much everyone appreciates your dedication into SOCOM. You shine with your custom maps with H-Hour too you know?

I was wondering since you have been able to modify game coding values such as the player speed.. Do you have any plan or is it even achievable from how you can access the backend to fix the Wallslide glitch for you?

7. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

Well, I'm not sure if this is in the cards, but might it be possible to reimplement the Times Hit counter at the end of round screen, like it was in S1? Not that big a priority, of course, but it would be interesting to see, and could be a good marker for what may be possible as far as UI changes. I know the tags and ranks were preexisiting in the code, and just made to work in LAN, but this feature I don't think was ever present in S2.

8. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

You're right it was never in S2, that was one of my biggest disappointments with S2 is when they removed how many hits people took from the end of round stat tallies.

9. MR.BLONDE

If Harry could potentially add in LAN bots for a warmup mode or something, I wonder... Would it be possible for the SEAL teammates to be added too? And even if so, what functionality would they retain? Do they have pathfinding abilities, or are they dependent on the SP maps to have data for them?

10. Harry62

Harry62 Computer Room Technician

Thanks. Patched games already have wall sliding disabled. Attempting to wall slide causes the player to jump in place. I haven't found a way to completely remove the animation.
    It's possible but I've already found that printing text doesn't work so well with people using PS3. Those people have text printed to the screen the entire time. No idea why it works different on PS3 vs PS2.
    The bots do not follow any kind of path online since there isn't a path. We tested bots a couple years ago and found that they are either fighters or hostages. Fighters can be on your team or against you. I made a code at one point to spawn in hostage controlled team mates(seals in this scenario). They were coded to act as hostages until you told them to follow, at that point they were converted in to fighters while still having to follow the player around. This ended up being a variation of the bot code i called protection detail. Worked quite well too and is possible to have in a game mode. It would take a ton of testing to make it work properly.

MR.BLONDE and Almericus like this.
  11. Almericus

Almericus Bullshit proof warrior

Hell yeah! There is enemy AI in Solo campaign, can't you use it online? I guess this is way more complicated than it sounds like.

12. Pacman

Pacman Wakka Wakka Wakka

Could you include in the next version that you spawn in stand instead of crouch, I personally find that annoying.

13. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

I'm definitely not spending money on X-Link SOCOM lol. If it was just a simple thing to put on a normal memory card I'd do it, but spending any kind of money for SOCOM on X-Link is really silly to me. I'll pass. Thanks though.

eVo7 likes this.
  14. MR.BLONDE

If your PS2 is old enough, you can attempt to perform the install on your own time. It can be tricky, but not too complicated.

15. eVo7

eVo7 Rah-he-lah!

People were paying 20 bucks a piece at one point through hexum.

16. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

I'd attempt it, but I don't know the process for doing that.

17. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

That's ridiculous lol. Wow.

18. SocomKillah28

SocomKillah28 Boom Boolah!

I paid 9.50 for an up-to-date free Mcboot memory card on eBay (w/free shipping) & it arrived in a few days. Found an old USB drive I had laying around. Well worth being able to play Abandoned/Rats nest day, have wall sliding nerfed, and of course the piece of mind of cheat detection.

Imo, this entire group on this site should be patched and playing patched rooms on TRS nights since we all dislike wall siding so much.

hexum likes this.
  19. eVo7

eVo7 Rah-he-lah!

It's not really an issue when we play with people who follow the rules, that's why we play private arena.

Swill likes this.
  20. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

Exactly lol. If I have to pay money to play legit SOCOM, that's kind of sad and I'll quit long before I do that.