S2 r0005 patch v0.4 Release

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by Harry62, Jul 31, 2015.

1. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

really grinded your gears didnt it?

2. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

only thing i can think for future things to add is HDD map support but i know you said that isnt possible at this time.

3. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

Do you happen to know what version ps3 they had? Like was it hardware backwards or software?

4. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

Actually I'm one of the PS3 users. The only way to use the patch with PS3 is via a modified ISO which requires the PS3 cobra software emulation, hardware can't play ISOs. My model is CECHExx.

5. SocomKillah28

SocomKillah28 Boom Boolah!

That's fine, for me Abandoned / Rats Nest being brought back close to their S1 glory is worth $10 (other alternate maps too) plus the entire list of other things are a nice bonus as well. It's different in a TRS room (everyone is honorable) vs random people on xlink, we all know no one in here goes out of their way to cheat. Anyway I think it's a great feature regardless for a community that has been mindfucked by cheaters since the beginning, and plus all the other bells/whistles.

*Also there are people that install Free Mcboot at no charge you just have to send them a memory card & pay shipping if you already have an extra card.

6. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Personally, I don't need an entire list of things or extra bells and whistles to play S2. Luckily, the guys we play with have the integrity to not exploit the game and wall slide and we have a 0% chance of people cheating in our room, so for me, paying money for something I don't need to play the game is pointless to do.

The only time I would pay money for X-Link SOCOM is if it was something that required me to play or was proven guaranteed to make the experience more stable without so many disconnects and room boot issues.

7. SocomKillah28

SocomKillah28 Boom Boolah!

Understandable, I play with everyone on xlink so I don't want to be limited to only non patch rooms at the end of the day. You didn't play during S1 days if I'm not mistaken, so I'm sure Abandoned / Rats Nest (day) also have little value to you but for most, those two maps alone are worth it.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  8. Swill

Swill Killjoy

I know, I get it. I simply listed the reasons why I don't need it lol. Thanks for explaining why you need it though, I guess.

9. Mike 51-50

Mike 51-50 Night Stalker

One thing I've always wondered was why LAN has this weird jitter when players move. This never was the case with the servers were online which always felt smoother. I'm guessing since LAN depends on a PS2 to host everything they had to lower the packet rates by a ton. This even happens when you host an actual LAN that is not tunneled over the internet.

My question to Harry would be, could we set a PS2 to be host in the spectators while modifying it to have almost nothing to process while upping the packet rates\refresh rates for everyone in the room?

10. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

UPDATE: r0005 v0.5.7b released.
    - Corrected 3 second death camera issue in patched games.
    - Added deleted maps back to map rotation. This is for patch games only. Maps include: Bitterjungle Night, Nightstalker Day, Blizzard Day, and Fishhook Night(looks terrible, not going to work on it).
    - Added better security.
    - Added an alternative patch for PAL PS2/PS3. The regular patch seems to freeze on PAL hardware. Use the PAL version of the patch for now.

Link to patch:
    http://harry62.1upsdevelopment.com/r0005v57b.elf

Link to PAL patch:
    http://harry62.1upsdevelopment.com/r0005v57PAL.elf

11. BismoFunyuns

BismoFunyuns Green Up

I'm using OPL but I keep freezing on "Connecting to SOCOM II LAN" I've followed the OPL tutorial. Used the ISO with the R5.ELF added to it, created the ISO with ultraiso. Game shows I'm on the patch but I cannot get past the LAN screen.

12. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

Don't edit the ISO system.cnf if you're using OPL. Simply add the patch file to the ISO. Then run the custom elf function in OPL to boot the patch.

13. BismoFunyuns

BismoFunyuns Green Up

Yup. Exactly what I did. I used the ISO in the other thread that's OPL compatible. Added the patch to the ISO and put it all in a folder then used ultraiso to create ISO from it. The boot is still set to the scus file, only thing I did was add the patch.

14. BismoFunyuns

BismoFunyuns Green Up

I also tried loading it with HDLoader. Same thing, freezing on lan screen

15. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

are you using a ntsc or pal ps2?

16. BismoFunyuns

BismoFunyuns Green Up

It's a ntsc fat model 30xxx

17. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

Not sure if this is a patch issue or not but I don't remember the base game doing this:
    [​IMG]

If you are killed and then a grenade goes off the camera does this when spectating alive teamates.

18. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

yes that happens non patch as well

19. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

Try a different OPL version. I'm not sure what version the other people are using.

20. DoubleTap

DoubleTap Green Up

Followed this to the best of my ability at this time and it still shows up as a data disc. Am I doing something wrong or do I still need a memory card with FreeMcboot to get the DVD to load?

I'm assuming you know all the terms used below:
    1. Rip the SOCOM 2 ISO to your computer, or download it.
    2. Copy all the files from the ISO in to a folder.
    3. Edit the SYSTEM.CNF to the following code:
    BOOT2 = cdrom0:\BOOT.ELF;1
    VER = 1.02
    VMODE = NTSC
    4. Rename the r0005.elf patch to BOOT.ELF.
    Note: BOOT.ELF must be in all caps.
    5. Move the BOOT.ELF to the same folder you extracted the SOCOM 2 files.
    6. Download UltraISO: https://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/download.htm
    Note: UltraISO is not free. Obtain it however you desire or PM me and I'll send you a crack I made for it.
    7. In UltraISO goto File >> New >> PS2 DVD Image.
    8. Navigate to the folder you extracted the SOCOM 2 files to and select the SYSTEM.CNF file.
    9. Now click File >> Save As and name the ISO something like "SOCOM2_r0005.ISO"
    10. Burn the ISO to a DVD or send it to your HDD.
    11. Too many steps but you know how to boot ISOs? PM me and I'll send you a link to the already patched SOCOM 2 ISO.