S2 r0005 patch v0.4 Release

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by Harry62, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Harry62

Harry62 Computer Room Technician

That will be much harder to do unless you already have a custom firmware PS3. I also have no idea if the patch will work on the ps3.

ChicKeN likes this.
  2. Harry62

UPDATE: r0005 v0.4.5 released.
    - Updated the day maps function. Modified day maps include: shadow falls and abandoned only due to popular vote.
    - Disabled wall sliding/humping in patched games only. (this turned out to have issues with ladders)

- Repaired a glitch in the LAN ranks.
    - MAJOR CHANGE: Patched game passwords now start with "!" instead of "@".

Link to patch v0.4.5: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ok0ilz1qukfgpo7/r0005v045.elf

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    MR.BLONDE likes this.
  3. Harry62

SkiMask, Tawok and oni64 like this.
  4. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

5. Tawok

Tawok has left the building

Holy shit dude. That's a game changer. Does it have to be 100% patch users in the room for this to work? Or just the host using the patch?

6. Harry62

The OP posts explains your question. To answer it everyone has to use the patch and they must join a patch game and not a regular game.

7. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

All that download did was bring up some spam! WTF

8. Harry62

Spam? Are you using a spam filter? The page looks like this:

[​IMG]

Just click the green download button.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  9. Shietzakaupf

Shietzakaupf Hi neighbors!

I downloaded the patch the other night. No spam problems for me. The rank and clan tag features worked fine for me in regular games. If anyone would like to make a patched game, let me know. I'm eager to view the rest of the patch features like Abandoned during the day and playing games that restrict codes. Thanks Harry62.

10. Harry62

I wasn't aware anyone still used the patch. If you have any questions the OP more than likely covers them. If not post a question in this topic.

11. He probably talking about a pop-under. MediaFile if not using any Ad blocking software have a pop-under and also page normally cover with ads. I notice they change their design so now the normal web page loads without waiting for the ads to pop up.

In general I think it normally best to just use a direct download link instead of file sharing site as file sharing sites are normally fill with ads which can confuse computer users.

Just added it to my socom site. http://socomlan.com/r0005v047.elf . I can remove it if you don't want it hosted there, but figure it will save users headaches.

Harry62 and SkiMask like this.
  12. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I think this group goes back 6 months or so when we had that PM. There is a flock again Harry. Between this and Free McBoot, what you're seeing is the average XLinker taking it up because they are no longer satisfied with the status quo.

There is so many more out there, waiting. That Server Project, Patched games, Remastered, XLink not being developed...

Honest question for anyone: Why does it seem no one understands the value in further developing XLink?

Is there a legal thing I'm not aware of? Because last time I checked, it was an answer and only answer to play PS2 & 360 era games online together in the same space. Just seems like such a missed opportunity that I am still incredibly grateful for. Just bummed it didn't become so much more. You know, where only the best played...

13. Harry62

That's fine with me.

14. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

I have the patch as well. From my understanding though @Harry62 changed the bullet spray in the patched rooms? Reduced the recoil and made the bullet spread tighter?

I really don't have interest in playing the patch if that is the case. The spray patterns in S2 are fine and don't need to be made any easier than they already are.

15. Harry62

Read the OP.

16. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Nice. So you removed it? Because I know at some point that was a thing.

17. Harry62

It was an idea for the patch in 2015. Not sure if I ever added it unless it was an unreleased patch for someone to play around with. I checked the source code and didn't notice any bullet spray mods.

18. rabidsnypr

rabidsnypr Green Up

Found a bug. Foxhunt, Reaver is not unlocked on Seals side

19. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

sorry if this was asked but can we still do the daylight maps?

20. Harry62

You can in the most current version. The day light maps include Abandoned and Shadow Falls. In order to activate the maps you have to create or join a patched game. If you use the patch and join a normal game all of the game altering patch code is disabled. There were more maps in the past but they were removed due to popular request.

Clan tags, ranks, and unlocked characters will work in all games since they do not alter game play.

Off topic: The LiQ tag looks familiar. Does it stand for liquid zero? I remember seeing a clan by that name in socom 1.