S2 r0005 patch v0.4 Release

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by Harry62, Jul 31, 2015.

1. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

yessir. SOCOM 1 central....later on played east 2 and West 1 as well. We played s2 as well.

2. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

the day maps are GREAT!....only wish rats was returned to its original glory

3. Harry62

Harry62 Computer Room Technician

It was originally except it looked terrible.

[​IMG]

4. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

@Harry62 I want to be clear so that I am not telling people wrong. You reverted the S1 Hit detection change on the patch, right? I remember you saying you changed it and then reverted it back. It still shows on the MS-DOS looking screen that describes what the patch does.

5. Harry62

I did end up finding the s1 bullet spread in the patch code. I can remove it and release the patch as v0.4.8 if that is requested by everyone using it.

6. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Personally, I think the bullet spread should be left as the S2 default. I'm not sure how everyone feels about changing that. I know I don't like it.

/SS/ PEIPER likes this.
  7. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

id want to play around it alittle more before i decide. i could definitely see a change with the m4a1 sd but i liked it. i want to check terror weapons.

but @Harry62 is it all bullet spray for every gun or just specifics?

8. Harry62

I could put up a poll and see who wants normal or altered bullet spread if that many people even use this patch. If it's only you two I could create a version with and without bullet spread modifiers.

All guns. The code manipulates the base bullet spread value.

9. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Leaving our fate into the hands of the Xlink community which has a ton of new people or people that haven't figured out recoil countering is a bad idea.

We don't need two versions of the patch floating around where one makes shooting easier vs. the other. I refuse to play on the patch which alters the way the guns shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

This shouldn't even be a discussion, Hex.

11. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

were about to have about 40 people using it. maybe make an updated file with it not included and we will stay with those basic socom 2 mechanics

12. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Can people with the current patch that you have released play with people on a new patch if you revert all recoil changes?

13. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

or @Harry62 will it do what it does now and inactivate the patch from working

14. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Is there a Sujo day? Just curious to see it.

15. eVo7

eVo7 Rah-he-lah!

The only gun that could REALLY use a spray modifier is the AKS-74. Bring it back to the S2 beta ways....

16. Harry62

I can do that. I can probably have a v0.4.8 out tonight.

Nope. You must have the right patch version or you wont be able to join the patch game.

I'm not sure what you're asking.

I did but it looks bad too.
    http://i.imgur.com/zqAfSAE.jpg

All guns in the S2 beta were similar to socom 1.

AKS74 spray
    S2: http://i.imgur.com/V7Vc17I.jpg
    S2 Beta: http://i.imgur.com/c4RCm3B.jpg

17. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Leaving the spray patterns the way they were through the life of S2 is the best thing to do. All guns are still usable and relevant. Best thing about this patch is no wall sliding, and the fact that people can't cheat. Bonus is we get to rock clan tags, make respawns on any map, and play a few extra day maps.

18. Almericus

Almericus Bullshit proof warrior

Your Black Vein map looks freaking cool. The Rats Nest vibes are real, I really like how it plays out.

19. Harry62

@hexum

You and hexum are welcome to test r0005v048. Please read the following before using it:

Patch v048
    - This patch will automatically boot the game.
    1. Before running the patch put the SOCOM 2 disc in the tray and close it.
    2. Run the patch. Game will auto start.

Let me know if there are any glitches in it. Create a patch game the same way as before by using a password that starts with the "!" symbol.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?9ud9fy60yf3mh09 OUTDATED, check OP.
    @Dominator94 or anyone else is welcome to host the file.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  20. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Thanks, Harry.