S2 r0005 patch v0.4 Release

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by Harry62, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

I've never really paid attention to the whole patch thing (ranks and stuff were coo, but weren't a game changer to me), but seeing maps with different times of day has me really interested in the process. So can someone explain to a lazy asshole what the process is? What would I potentially need to play games with said patch?

2. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

3. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

It won't.

4. o3Celerity

o3Celerity Quickscoper

My memory card should come this week with FreeMcBoot and ill have mine setup

5. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

i streamed it all on the socomremastered fb group and on the socomxlink group

@Harry62 ^^^^

6. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

you need a memory card with mcboot on it. from there download the file in the first post. drag the file to a flash drive. put the flash in your ps2. turn on your ps2 with either no game in the system or the dray/door open....then follow these steps...

Smokey_Run likes this.
  7. rabidsnypr

rabidsnypr Green Up

An Idea, You can Modify This patch for Server Emulation to connect to the server once they get the servers up. Change the Ip and Everything and keep track of rank and clans etc. You can also have it download a official patch version to memory cards from the server to once the servers go online.

8. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

Patch Update: v0.4.9

Link: harry62.1upsdevelopment.com/r0005v49.elf

Changes:
    - Added day/night map selections for patch games. Note: Day/night selection shows up in regular games but will NOT work in a regular game. You will free using a modified map in a regular game.
    - Several fog/lighting tweaks to custom maps blizzard, abandoned, ratsnest, nightstalker, and frostfire.

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  9. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

Got a question from the Facebook group, can someone with a 48 patch play with 49 etc.

10. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

No. This question is covered in the OP.

11. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

Figured thanks

12. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

None of that should be necessary if there was a server. Ideally it should be as simple as changing the DNS on your network config to point to the new server.

MADDENKING1980 and eVo7 like this.
  13. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

@Harry62 I know you said on Tawok podcast that you need to use swap magic to use the patch on a BC PS3 that is on original firmware.

I assume you just put the patch on a flash drive, put into PS3, boot up swap magic, run the patch and then switch to S2 disc. Is this correct? It matter what version of swap magic, ebay has alot of 3.8

14. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

You would probably be better off putting ulaunchelf on a CD, then using swap magic to boot that. that way you could put the patch on a USB drive still.

edit: I don't know how invasive swap magic is on ps2 or if you need to take the console apart to use it.

15. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

i assume this would work for the patch

SHUDRSKI likes this.
  16. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

@Harry62 I heard from the podcast that the HDD Maps are compressed and that you were trying to find a way decompress them. Well, I'm sure you might have looked into this, but the Korean version of Socom 2 has After Hours on the disc if I heard right. I myself have been trying to find the ISO with no luck, but do you think that might help?

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  17. 1UP

We just got that today thanks to WV.

This was something I was also tinkering with last night.

MR.BLONDE and oni64 like this.
  18. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

Update: Please read

Known glitch: Custom maps showing up as regular maps for everyone excluding host. This usually affects the first map only in my experience and testing.

Solution: Create patch games with either custom maps or regular maps, not both. I'm not entirely sure why but the function that sends out map data doesn't function properly when using both custom and regular maps in the same lobby.

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  19. rabidsnypr

rabidsnypr Green Up

Idea for harry.

Integrate HDD maps in the future patches to load up on the console. If you are able to modify maps for day and night and modify the map menu, I don't see why you can't have the HDD maps integrated with the patch and loaded to the console. Yes it will make the patch file larger but not that large and yes it will take longer to load BUT you can keep them stored on the flash drive and loaded from it as if it were working as ram. Just like the patch works.

20. 1UP

Socom 2 doesn't have anything in the game to read from a USB and putting the maps on a memory card is out of the question.

The socom 2 r0004 patch does not work that way. Socom 2 had code specifically for the hard drive since day one to begin with. While zipper could have added in USB functionality as an after the fact patch, the difference here is they have the source code, something like that would have been really easy for them to do where as someone else doing it would be a ton of work, if it was even possible. All the r0004 patch did was tell the game where to look for them if the hard drive was enabled.