Setting up PCSX2 to work with Xlink Kai

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink' started by 1UP, Aug 8, 2017.

1. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

I've written up a pretty detailed guide and hopefully I didn't miss anything. This will get you from a base pcsx2 setup to running socom on Xlink.

While I am linking to the post to my website, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them here as this will also act as a support thread for getting you setup.

https://1upsdevelopment.com/pcsx2-socom-2-xlink/

XtErmin8, Eagle_F15, =Ronin= and 7 others like this.
  2. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

Everyone should thank @1UP for busting his ass to make a great step by step guide. No excuse for anyone now to not hop on xlink if they have a decent pc rig.

3. MattyB

MattyB Navy SEAL

Dude is a straight beast. Thanks a bunch @1UP . I promise to TK you less now.

4. 1UP

Don't get my hopes up man, that's not cool.

5. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

This guide is legit, @1UP and some of the guys on Discord helped me get set up last night and I was playing games on Xlink in no time. Thanks for the hard work.

SkiMask likes this.
  6. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

So with that being said, how was Crossroads? Do you see yourself playing via emulator now and not using a laptop or PC in the old manner? Is there any difference in the gameplay (speed, input lag, x play fuckery, etc?)

7. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

Nj 1UP! Has there been a full game of pcsx2 users yet? I'm interested in how the lag is. I know the the dev9 driver for the older pcsx2v1.2.1 could have up to 30 seconds of delay(not joking) when playing a 1v1 on xlink.

I may start playing this game if pcsx2 is stable enough. One other question. It looks like the guide is suggesting to run xlink on the same computer as pcsx2. Is this correct? If so this is great news and we should hit up Antix. He was all about getting the players on pcsx2. This would bypass a lot of issues with getting a real server online. Think of the possibilities with the open source dev9 plugin. It can probably be used to redirect all pcsx2 traffic to a server bypassing xlink as well.

oni64, SkiMask and MattyB like this.
  8. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

The emulator as far as I can tell appears to be totally random.

We made a respawn room on rats nest day and 1 of us had lag while 2 of us didnt. Then we killed the person with lag and when he respawned it seemed to be much smoother.

I joined a crossroads game and had weird glitches happening on my screen, like my where my gun is on the bottom left would be a big yellow/white glitch spot. Other times I could play a entire map of Fish Hook Night or Blizzard Day without any issues.

So I think its random although obviously since people are using different hardware and video cards, they might need to optimize the settings themselves instead of using the ones we have been suggesting.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/165046713

me and 1up were both on emulators in that game

1UP likes this.
  9. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I members Antix...
    [​IMG]

10. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

I love you, I'll follow this tonight if I have free time and report back

11. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I only played Deathtrap so I don't know about XR yet. There were some odd graphics glitches when I was spectating other players but nothing during when I was alive. Any frame issues I saw weren't anything out of the ordinary for Xlink in general so I don't know if they were related to the emulator.

Also i didn't need to set my IP manually as it says in the guide, for some reason mine would only work with all auto settings.

12. MattyB

MattyB Navy SEAL

Yup I had the same issue as Animal and fixed it with the auto settings

13. 1UP

We haven't had a full game of people but last Friday I was playing Sujo with an almost full room and I didn't have issues. As stated by another post in this thread it is kinda random. I want to say it's xlink just because of how smooth Sujo played.

Airgamer's Dev9 plugin is leaps an bounds better than the original. The original you would have pretty bad desyncs as you mentioned, this one doesn't appear to have that issue.

Yes I am running xlink on the same machine and that's how I would expect people to be doing it as well.

I would be down for a project like that though. If you need any help with anything let me know.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    SkiMask likes this.
  14. 1UP

The reason you set it to manual is because it can be an issue. When you allow it to be set automatically someone else could also get that same IP address and then you have a conflict.

15. 1UP

Added a troubleshooting section at the bottom of the guide that will have possible fixes to problems that may come up for some people.

If you downloaded the pcsx2.zip file you should download it again because I had a missing memory card file. There are instructions at the top of the guide that go over this.

16. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

Pretty easy setup with this guide. I am online and pretty sure running at 60fps. Even setup my xbox one controller. Thanks for the guide, can't wait to play whenever.

SkiMask likes this.
  17. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

Tomorrow night at 10pm EST!

18. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

You guys should capture that footage and share in the results, if anything. Same thing with a live stream, but I am not sure "testing" this on a Community night that struggles with attendance is the best time frame, but I would still be interested in seeing the game play regardless.

19. MattyB

MattyB Navy SEAL

I believe we already have 6+ guys with it setup fully and ready to test. We need to test in large rooms with ps2 players anyways, to get a full feel on how bad the framerate can get and work on optimizing video and audio settings. @1UP has footage and I know @dizee is working on getting obs to play nice with it.

SkiMask likes this.
  20. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

I got OBS to work fine with it but its just a matter of if the emulator wants to run smooth or not. I am probably going to stream from my PS3 still until I can get it to run smoother because TBH the constant jittering that it sometimes gets hurts my eyes and looks annoying.

SkiMask likes this.