Setting up PCSX2 to work with Xlink Kai

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink' started by 1UP, Aug 8, 2017.

1. 1UP

1UP Demolition Junkie

I actually had this issue come up on my laptop and I followed what you and animal did and that fixed it. So thanks for catching that you guys, very helpful stuff and that was added to the trouble shooting section of the guide.

I'm sure there is probably some more tweaking that can be done to get it smoother. I don't remember having alot of jittering on an older version of pcsx2. However the plugin also does not work on that version. So I'll see what the difference was between the two.

2. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

@1UP is there a section on how to get the pressure sensitive buttons to work on a ds3 in that guide? I did not see them there and want to get those setup now.

3. 1UP

1UP Demolition Junkie

Yea, under Setting up the controller there is generic controller and PS3 below that.

That might be one of the harder parts of the guide simply because @Swill had issues with the bluetooth driver not working. Since there are many things that might not working out of the box I could only cover the steps worked for myself everytime. If you are having any problems and come up with solutions to that, please post them here so I can add them in.

It sucks to not be able to test for every circumstance :/

dizee likes this.
  4. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

We don't struggle with attendance lol. That's the least of our concerns.

1UP and dizee like this.
  5. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

I was able to get it working. The issue is that the instructions are so incredibly inconsistent depending on what video you watch or page you read. In the end, what got it working was hitting the "pair" button on SCPService, something no video or site gave instructions to do.

SkiMask likes this.
  6. 1UP

1UP Demolition Junkie

I haven't seen instructions that covered that either. I'll add that in because I didn't know that was an issue.

I should be on tonight to play a few games, but I will definitively be playing Friday night for as long as everyone else is hanging around.

Swill likes this.
  7. =Ronin=

=Ronin= The Captain of Makin' it Happen

SkiMask likes this.
  8. 1UP

1UP Demolition Junkie

That's in the guide, however it's an older version.

There was a reason I chose to not use that one however I can not remember what it was. That's something I'll have to go back and try again.

9. =Ronin=

=Ronin= The Captain of Makin' it Happen

Hey @1UP
    I was just wondering if I can use the pcsx2 version I have already setup on my PC or does the one you provide in the guide have something special about it?
    The reason I ask is because pcsx2 1.4 is quite old now, it's been over a year and a half since it's release.
    The Git development builds on the download page are just as stable and are updated nightly.

SkiMask likes this.
  10. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

Yeah, I think including some kind of guide for syncing a DS controller to the PC would be great too.

11. 1UP

1UP Demolition Junkie

Nothing special about it, however I wouldn't really offer support on something that isn't a release build. You basically take everything else and drop in and it should work just fine though. Once 1.5 has an official release I will update the guide if anything changes, at the very least though the package will be updated.

The guide was really meant for people who have never touched pcsx2. People who should be able to set it up without it.

=Ronin= likes this.
  12. Morris-B82

Morris-B82 Butterstick

Did you get around the prone,crouch,stand problem with the xbox controller? I cant seem to get my dual shock 3 to work and would like to use my xbox one pad if possible.

When following the guide I never get the ds3 to show up in Spc Monitor.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  13. 1UP

1UP Demolition Junkie

It's not possible because the buttons are all digital at least thats what I've seen everywhere. You might be able to get away with it if you are using the triggers but nothing else.

14. Morris-B82

Morris-B82 Butterstick

Any advice as to why my ds3 would not show up in spc monitor? got stuck there when following the guide.

15. 1UP

1UP Demolition Junkie

Was it plugged in while you were installing it?

16. Morris-B82

Morris-B82 Butterstick

yes windows 10 recognized it as an xbox 360 controller for some reason.

17. MattyB

MattyB Navy SEAL

That's normal.

=Ronin= likes this.
  18. 1UP

1UP Demolition Junkie

That more or less correct, the 360 drivers are also required. The only thing I can suggest is to uninstall the drivers through the scp driver installer and then check the force install option.

If that doesn't work for you still then you may want to try what @=Ronin= posted here:
    http://community.therealsocom.com/t...o-work-with-xlink-kai.8848/page-2#post-160652

If people have more luck with this than what I posted, I will just add that to the guide.

SkiMask likes this.
  19. Morris-B82

Morris-B82 Butterstick

I also tried spctoolkit driver installer and spc toolkit settings.

20. Morris-B82

Morris-B82 Butterstick

Ill try again. Thanks