Setting up PCSX2 to work with Xlink Kai

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink' started by 1UP, Aug 8, 2017.

1. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

Said person did mention that as part of a reason.

2. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

I think everything in SOCOM is eventually considered cheating. You should let this person know the only draw back to using PCSX2 is the spotty hardware emulation for some people. I'll take that 4x resolution and PS3 controller over PS2 any day.

dizee likes this.
  3. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

I think the emulation could certainly present intrinsic advantages over console players in a way that could cause division. If there was a way to reliably identify emulator players, would that help?

4. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

This was part of their gripe, saying that it's much easier to see people in the distance compared to playing on PS2.

5. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

If it's the person I think it is, he doesn't understand much.

You can't actually see any further than someone on the console, as that is how the game is. However things are more detailed but that would really cover reading text on a wall or looking at models.

dizee likes this.
  6. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

I took two screenshots. One is of native PS2 resolution and the second is 4x resolution. There are 3 hostages in the image, each one further away from the player. Although pixelated the player is very much visible in native.

Native resolution:
    [​IMG]

4x resolution:
    [​IMG]

7. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

Yea but that image isn't being stretched to play on a 40+ inch screen that most people play on. That a picture that is maybe 5 inches wide lol. I honestly don't care as I wasn't the one bitching or even the one that said that.

8. 1UP

That's native, if you were to take a screenshot based on that on a tv, that is what you would actually get. It doesn't matter how big the screen is.

The native resolution on the ps2 is 480i /p. The fact that it was set to native on a 1080 display is the reason it looks so small, while the tv stretches it, that is how it would actually look.

The emulator smooths stuff out but it doesn't add anything that wasn't there to begin with.

9. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

That's cool, I was posting it so others could see the comparison. I know a lot of console players are using composite cables on digital TVs and it looks so much worse than it did on an old TV. Most anyone not using a monitor will be at a disadvantage due to poor contrast in the majority of HDTVs.

10. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

You dont need to tell me this man i already know lol.

11. 1UP

Well your post seemed to say the opposite. My mistake.

12. dtodt13

dtodt13 Butterstick

@1UP @Based_Skid whats up with this ugly line going all crazy on my socom ca? it does it on campaign and lan.

Attached Files:

• sca.jpg
      sca.jpg
      File size:
      269.5 KB
      Views:
  13. 1UP

Yup, no idea, I never had interest in the game to really try and fix it. I think @Dominator94 said something about changing the clamping settings but I really don't know for certain.

14. dtodt13

dtodt13 Butterstick

yeah he told me on xlink he knew the solution but didnt tell me it lol. i did play with clamping and got it to go away but now no ones on CA for me to enjoy it