Sniper Elite 4

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by PRE_-CISION-_, Feb 9, 2017.

1. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

Forget Ghost Recon, this is the game you should be paying attention to.

Gigantic open world, metal gear/hitman/socom style gameplay and overall tactical methodical shooter. Everything the third game in the series did has been refined and taken up a notch. The single player is very good and no doubt the highlight of the game. However multiplayer this time around has got a big boost in the arm. My biggest gripes about the third were all legitimately addressed. With the addition of objective based game modes and developers hinting at a non respawn option, I am convinced this might turn out to be a true hidden gem. I got a good solid two months out of 3 and highly enjoyed my time. Can't wait to lay down the pain again.

everythingred, Eagle_F15 and Laziness like this.
  2. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

I played the first one a bit but haven't played any of them since. New one looks great.
  3. PRE_-CISION-_

You going to pick it up?
  4. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

Probably when I get back from vacation late February.
    PRE_-CISION-_ likes this.
  5. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Navy SEAL

Is it strictly sniping? or can you choose other weapons?
  6. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

there are other weapons for when the shit hits the fan, but sniping is the main focus.
  7. Murphdawg1

Murphdawg1 Night Stalker

You carry another weapon in case you run into trouble at closer ranges.
  8. hand-o_death547

hand-o_death547 Butterstick

I never played the first one but the second and third were pretty fun, I will probably end up renting this one at some point.
    SkiMask likes this.
  9. PRE_-CISION-_

They have a gamemode in MP called sniper no cross... you played socom, ya know what that's all about. Otherwise its probably a good 70% sniping. The new domination gamemode is really going to bring SMG's into the mix tho. If you don't move cover to cover you won't last long in TDM.
  10. PRE_-CISION-_

The third one on PS4 was held back according to the devs since they had to design it for both PS3 and PS4 hardware. It should be the best entry into the series yet... should.
    hand-o_death547 likes this.
  11. PRE_-CISION-_

Ummm guys, did socom just get remastered. Now mind you this is on a fucking PS4... and I have not seen this shit since SOCOM.

[​IMG]

Custom server browser. No briefing rooms but still... I have not seen anything like this in how many years???

[​IMG]

I can create a custom lobby with my own presets and name it whatever the fuck I want and it will show up on the above

[​IMG]

What the hell. WHAT THE HELL. TEXT CHAT? ON A FUCKING CONSOLE GAME IN THE LOBBY? Look at that sexy socom style lobby listing. LOL I can even ready up. Do we have SOCOM fans on this dev squad?

[​IMG]

Okay... I can select whatever character skin I would like for MP. Not unusual but still... mind blown.

First Impressions...

- Singleplayer is phenomenal, absolutely brilliant.
    - MP you can run around with a SMG and be effective, it isn't just about sniping.
    - MP is SLOW paced but TACTICAL. Seriously its a thinking mans shooter in every sense of the word.
    - Shooting mechanics are on point. There is a ton of environmental objects and gadgets to use in game. PS, grenade arc.
    - To my knowledge you can't swap shoulders when you aim down the sights with a SMG or Sniper Rifle, lame.

Ton of love to Rebellion. There is only respawn right now under 6 different modes but on reddit I read a posting where a dev replied to a topic questioning where no respawn is. Dude didn't say yes or no but he strongly hinted towards free DLC to bring it in down the pipeline.

BUY THIS GAME!!! These are the types of shooters we all want to see more of. If you are a fan of getting anything resembling socom back you gotta support devs that go out of there way like this.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  12. oni64

oni64 Warped Intoxicator

The map is huge. Its like a mixture of Fish-hook, Vigilance and mixed with early Sismis lol
  13. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Navy SEAL

14. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

I find it lame that you can spot an enemy and then see them behind a wall. They make games too easy for snowflakes.
  15. PRE_-CISION-_

These maps are gigantic, there needs to be some sort of spotting mechanic especially since this is a third person shooter where you're taking cover 90% of the time. Since no one uses mics anymore it's pretty much a call out system. I don't find it to be a cripple feature but more or less a necessity for this type of competitive game
  16. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD SOF Studios Financial Advisor

I noticed that too and I think once a guy youve spotted runs inside a house, maybe then his silhouette should disappear. Dont remove the feature completely, but once an enemy is indoors behind walls and shit, you shouldnt still be able to track him like that. It defeats the whole purpose of reaching the safety of the inside of a building.

This is a great find PRE, and Im seriously considering getting a PS4 again to pick this up. It already has that Socom vibe right off the bat and Im sure its only going to improve with time. Thanks for this thread, I think you might have found a game that can serve as a port un the storm for Socom fans.
    everythingred and MR.BLONDE like this.
  17. PRE_-CISION-_

Fucking shill.

But in all seriousness it's a fun game. I haven't put ton of time into single player but it's huge. The first level in the game took me close to two hours and I missed a ton of stuff and played sloppy. You can do the entire game in co-op if you're into that thing. Competitve multiplayer is my jam tho. Just know it's SLOW. Like really slow. You're going to have maps the size of Battlefield with dudes hidden where's Waldo style. But that's the fun of the game. Personally I'm constantly relocating and pushing people versus sitting on my ass. So you can play aggressive just know it's not socom, it's main focus is a sniping simulator with mechanics you should be familiar with
  18. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD SOF Studios Financial Advisor

Haha. Youre the shill asshole.....You made the thread for the game. lol.

But for real the slow pace is probably a good thing for me anymore. Maybe it just age finally catching up, but a lot of the modern FPS shooters are just too damn fast with too much shit going on for me to keep up with. Creeping around on bitch and waiting to snipe his ass is more up my alley at this point I think. Im definitely gonna grab another PS4 and get this I think.
  19. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

Hmm... I've only seen bits and pieces of these games so far, but this has me very interested. I might have to get this in the near future.
  20. Bigfry

Bigfry Negative Nelly

The game is good. I still don't think the SP is "Phenomenal" but its decent enough to warrant a look at.

You also forgot to mention that the MP has a No Cross Sniping Game Mode.

We talk about which developers could bring back a true SOCOM game...I said the first night I streamed this, that Rebellion are that studio. I was blown away by the Multiplayer Features. Rebellion are the chosen one.
    MR.BLONDE likes this.