So what's this I hear about H-Hour being good?

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by SkiMask, Jul 16, 2017 at 3:51 AM.

1. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Sell me baby. Sell me. Show me your videos and slang that trash. I'll slang mine, but I still wanna see it progress. Maybe it won't suck at some point? Gimme what you got.
    Memeage.JPG

Almericus likes this.
  2. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

This game could be so much more. If it eva... eva eva eva hits the PS4 I would play the shit out of it.

WAR_PIG likes this.
  3. xSneak

xSneak Chopsticks

I played it a little bit after buying it for $5 on the steam sale.
    It feels like a low production value, free to play version of socom 3. If that is your idea of good, this is the game for you.

From a technical perspective, they have the game running in windowed mode, with framerate smoothing on capped at 90 fps. This causes large amounts of input lag in general, and stuttering when there's action going on - It feels like v-sync turned on at 60fps or maybe worse. Their form of anti-aliasing, TAA, causes motion blur also so you want to avoid it.
    What this means is that when you get in a gunfight it feels like your game locks up and you die instantly.

Audio wise the grenade explosions are still mixed in way too loud, almost where they are clipping. This drowns out all the other sounds in the game when they are going off, which is all the time.

Gameplay wise, the shooting has been nerfed to where it's just spray and pray I believe with the m16 being the most accurate gun. The shooting accuracy isn't that good so most players just spam grenades instead of shooting at you. The movement has been slowed down and the character can only go up inclines on the maps that the creator intended, so you get stuck all the time trying to go up areas you think are available. You still can't change stance when reloading, pressing the crouch button when going up from prone causes you to get stuck for 1-2 seconds, hitting crouch when strafing sometimes will get you stuck, so all you can do is just strafe left and right. The fall damage is still ridiculously excessive, where a drop of more than 3 ft causes permanent damage. Still can't throw grenades at downward angles or control the power of the throw.

A lot of the maps are small, close quarters like antenora off of socom 3 (sub rosa). All people really do on this is spam grenades around the limited number of corners to kill people. The remade maps aren't like the confrontation version and they certainly don't play like it.

I could go on, but i'm starting to feel like i'm rambling at this point. This game is ok if you just want to dick around for a couple hours a week, but anything more than that is boring. Sorry H-Hour fanboys, your game is still trash.

This game was way better back when i played it in 2015.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017 at 2:37 PM
    Bacterin, SkiMask and Eagle_F15 like this.
  4. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Bunny Hopper

If it wasn't for the community maps the game would be dead. And even then, as a Socomer I'm looking for bad ass replicas and some deliver some dont. Kasbah, Fallen, Frost Fire are great remakes, the others they tried to put there own spins on them (Desert Raid-DG) and I ain't feeling it/them.

With that said, with these new mysterious devs, maybe a year from now it will be worth playing again.

SkiMask likes this.
  5. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Appreciate the two of yous' opinion. I value them both given the history. Thanks Sneak for putting in original word and not a copy/paste from when you last played. I've heard these same sentiments. You testing TaskForce yet?

Eagle, what mysterious devs you talking about? You know, come to think of it; I haven't really asked, looked or considered there might be new(er) developers over there. Know something I don't? Do tell...

Let's have some more opinions!

6. eVo7

eVo7 Boom Boolah!

I never played H-Hour up until legit 2 seconds ago. I actually enjoyed what I played to be completely honest. Gun spray and hit detection reminds me of S1.

@Tawok if you want to play H Hour one night, send me a PM or a discord shout out and I'd be glad to play.

Almericus, SkiMask and Tawok like this.
  7. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I am sort of wondering if you're trolling. Say it isn't so? Bracing for a laugh track bomb or something.

You serious bro?
    [​IMG]

8. eVo7

eVo7 Boom Boolah!

100% serious. I played for only about 20 mins but I enjoyed what I played.

Tawok and SkiMask like this.
  9. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Look at you being the change and shit. Respect.

10. Almericus

Almericus Bullshit proof warrior

Nice constructive post overall. I agree with you on several areas.

I just want to point out that you can actually pitch the power of the throw with keyboard and mouse by pressing RMB then LMB. Currently it is either long or short range unless you have a DS4 controller (or similar) then you have control over it like SOCOM.

The windowed mode full screen is due to an engine bug and they are waiting on Epic to fix this shit.. The FPS suffers quite a bit because of it.
    They plan to remove the 90 FPS cap on the next patch. Soonish.

How was the game better in 2015 though? There was only 2 maps, 0 animations with very few guns and poor gun mechanics back then.

My 2 cents, try to play the original maps instead of some user maps to compare with your previous experience if you ever give it another shot :)

The volunteers plan to release the following by the next few months;

- Jump to climb. They will release a blueprint for the mapping community for both ladder and jump to climb. (ladder climb is in game currently)
    - Improvement with current animations.
    - Official map 5 and 6.
    - Unlock FPS.
    etc

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017 at 12:55 AM
    SkiMask likes this.
  11. xSneak

xSneak Chopsticks

Try to throw a grenade down a staircase when you are above it.

Almericus likes this.
  12. Almericus

I can..it is a pain in the ass with mouse and keyboard though. Are you playing with a controller?

13. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Are the graphics and hit detection as good as S3?

Thats the only way I would play it.

SkiMask likes this.
  14. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

That AND where is the Community Waterworks map? Tawok gots to play that!

15. murlow01

murlow01 Green Up

We finally got a demo game mode in insurgency! The H-Hour needs to abandon that game and make maps for insurgency. Insurgency revived is sweet!

http://www.ssr.gameme.com/insurg

16. Almericus

If you want to insult the game in english at least do it correctly. Now, give us one good reason to play "garbagery" other than demo which is in H-Hour since release in EA so roughly 2 years ago.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017 at 12:25 PM
  17. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

you guys are funny. you each have a turd in your hands and you are arguing which turd smells better.