So what's this I hear about H-Hour being good?

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by SkiMask, Jul 16, 2017.

1. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

If they can get it to work as well as it does in COD, I'll support it.

call-of-duty in a nutshell.gif

2. LUKENBACHER

LUKENBACHER Professional Game Developer

If you get right up on someone's back, you can press square and it does a choke hold and kills them. (can't find a gif of it) The victim can do nothing to stop it and the animation takes about 3 seconds. At any point and time, someone can shoot either soldier during this animation to stop it, or even steal the kill away.

Playing a tactical shooter and randomly becoming Jason Voorhees just doesn't appeal to me personally.

And please, DO NOT bring up Confrontation's knife. What a waste of development....

3. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

yeah i never got close enough to melee anyone on AA yet, so that would probably be why i missed it. as far as cons melee, it was far from perfect, but i have yet to find another game that did it as well. (not counting AA since i have not used it yet)

4. Almericus

Almericus Bullshit proof warrior

Here's the story about melee in H-hour.

When Kevin was programming on the game in 2015 he polled the community if we were interested for melee but we voted NO. Truth is that he actually coded it the way we got it now. They just decided to release it for testing and to see how it plays out and if we welcome it.

I hope people will be vocal enought to call the bs and that if it stays that it at the least require to hit the player for real to get a kill.

5. Tawok

Tawok Not *That* Kinda Guy

What an Assholeâ„¢

SkiMask likes this.
  6. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Demolition Junkie

From programmers logic, melee is a necessity to avoid a stalemate. It's either that or make the secondaries have infinite ammo.

For realistic purposes, all spec ops teach hand-to-hand combat. It should be welcomed in a military game.

7. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Fish Market Janitor

Remember I am blocked from there forum as well, well I can not post, posting "privileges" taken away lol!

8. Eagle_F15

Nope, jumped in game, we are in the lobby and they were discussing between themselves who should be on what side and they told me to move over. End of story, I asked why, it would make the teams un even, they just stood quite.

9. Eagle_F15

I've had many discussions/battles over features, that has nothing to do with it.

Excuses, yes! By now, the game should have more.

The game is mediocre. Anyone that thinks different is fooling themselves. I gave it a chance early (the development aspect/side of things) 3 years later, same ol same ol! There are far more, a hell of lot better games to play(PUBG one of them also in EA). I still have my list of issues and bugs that I can't even post in that dead forum from the time I played a few weeks back. Just wanted to play, but the tester in me couldn't resist the issues!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  10. Eagle_F15

I would love this animation!!!! It's one of the features I battled for in the old SOF forum.

11. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Great vid couldn't finish it due to having Tournament PTSD and the triggering.

And I still want that knife.
    [​IMG]
    um, no I was not aware.

12. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Which Staples did he go back to work at?

Can we call there and ask him why he did this?

SkiMask likes this.
  13. Almericus

lol I think he began to work on it pretty early because I remember seeing the mechanic in action from the POC in a video SOF released.
    He stopped to code around the feature after we voted NO back then but SOF is trying to add more things now and they already had that one coded so they want to see if the current community welcomes it or not.

I can understand that some people enjoy melee and I can endure it if this is done PROPERLY.

@RaidenXS - Socom II had no melee and this the SOCOM that played the best. Too bad you didn't get to know it !

14. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

*Didn't have melee in the Multiplayer. Was included in the Single Player.

If we REALLY wanted to speak with honesty, it should be known the poll Kevin took (The melee poll and one that EVERYONE had a chance to comment on) actually had the inclusion of the knife as being the majority and that's when the moderator took the poll and queued it. Saying it "was close enough to warrant FURTHER conversation on the matter" and it went to 'optional' status (toggled in options), but would be included all the same.

Carry on.

Almericus likes this.
  15. Almericus

I didn't recalled that one that precisely. Thanks for the input!

SkiMask likes this.
  16. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Sometimes i just creep in the background on these threads and read the arguments. It's good shit, keeping each other on your toes, staying passionate all this fuckin time later! This is why i won't ever leave TRS, you'll have to shut this mother fucker down son! Anyways just figured i would drop that here.

Oh and fuck H-hour... wait... when did Luke come back? I thought he wasn't in this movie until the very end!

SkiMask likes this.
  17. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

no worries, its just a flashback.

SkiMask likes this.
  18. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Always is...Like a good episode of the Twilight Zone.

19. Fighting Phantom

Fighting Phantom Searching the Desert for a SOCOM Successor

They blocked you???? I NEVER in a million years would have, what? You were one of the top posters over there, one of their most dedicated testers, I know it's been a shitshow but wow that surprises me.

I still can't believe it's gone so bad.

SkiMask likes this.
  20. MasterofNone

MasterofNone Green Up

Well at some point while perusing the SOF site some months back I saw he had posted a thread promoting Project Confrontation of the SOF site telling people how much better and further along it was. Pretty sure that is grounds for removal from a site. Eagle seem intelligent enough to know that you can't do that on another games forum. Its fine to do here but hell if he thinks that isn't grounds for removal then I guess I'm incorrect about that "intellegent" comment.

Pretty sure if I had gone over to Project C's forums and posted stuff like that for H-Hour I would be banned. OH WAIT! they never had open forums so guess that wouldn't be possible. Granted I wouldn't do that because unless I'm playing on PS4 I have no interest in fighting anyone. All I want is a SOCOM game on PS4 and will support all efforts in my own way (aka not being an ass yet calling out the bullshit).