So what's this I hear about H-Hour being good?

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by SkiMask, Jul 16, 2017.

1. MR.BLUE

MR.BLUE SOCOM II Clan Founder

Great video. Get some!

Eagle_F15 likes this.
  2. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

I can't take BigFry serious at all, the guy doesn't even play SOCOM. I've seen him play it once. Dude's a fraud as far as I am concerned.

3. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

I've played SOCOM....once?
    I've played on xlink many times, just not within the past...year, year and a half? Because its a terrible experience, and sorry to say, the majority of the SOCOM Community thats still around just doesn't want to play on it.
    Are they all frauds too?

For everyone else wondering, Task Force is already miles ahead of H-Hour in terms of almost everything. You can't see it watching a stream, but the player movement feels great. SOCOM always had a slight delay on changing direction while strafing and whatnot. Subtle as fuck, but its a detail that makes all the difference. Task Force has that feel to me.

The only thing Task Force needs right now in terms of game content is maps. A level designer would take that into the next dimension. If it was me? I would try to scrounge up the money to hire Technicolor create a map for them. Maybe 2-3 depending on price. The map they created for SOF was a DECENT map visually and functionally. At least to take the game into Early Access with 3 maps that play well, and that gameplay. You guys would love it.

ChemoFreak7 likes this.
  4. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

Socom on X Link has pretty much always been a terrible experience. I could set it up and play I just have no real desire to hop on a severely outdated game. I think its awesome some people are still having a good time with it, but it just isn't for me.

ChemoFreak7, Eagle_F15 and Bigfry like this.
  5. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

According to Evo, I'm a fraud for not doing it. Unless he is referring to something else.
    I have no problem with people playing it either, I actually think its cool as fuck that there are E-Seals leagues and shit. But its not for me.

#BigFraud

ChemoFreak7 and MR.BLONDE like this.
  6. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Fish Market Janitor

Same here, no desire to jump on xlink to play. Out with the old, in with the new for me.

Edit: if the servers were back on then hell yeah! Other wise, PUBG, Ghost Recon/Ghost War, R6S and possibly TF for me.

ChemoFreak7 likes this.
  7. Swill

Swill Killjoy

The experience isn't terrible on X-Link by any means. I don't think it's that the experience is terrible, but more to do with the fact that some people are just so used to modern graphics and sound that they have a hard time adjusting to something 14 years old.

Me personally, I don't care how something looks or sounds. If it's fun, it's fun. And SOCOM is still fun, even with all the bullshit that is X-Link.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind trying Task Force. I just can't convince myself to try something I know is inevitably going to fail. I'd rather not waste the time.

8. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

A majority of those people weren't on Youtube talking about SOCOM day in and day out when H-Hour was in its infancy. Another reason you don't play SOCOM is because you can't make money streaming it, which at one point you said "It isn't about the money" but it indeed is about the money as it is evident with what you're doing now (trying to leave youtube again, because...money. Again.) and did when you said "bye" to youtube because you weren't making money, and then came back a week later.

Straight fraud in the SOCOM community.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  9. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

the people who refuse to play on xlink anymore should really consider giving the emulator a shot. it really does enhance the game visually and while there will always be xlink issues, i think it provides a much better overall experience.

if you have a good host on xlink, alot of the issues are resolved too. it will never be 100% issue free but its not as bad as some people make it out to be.

oni64 and Eagle_F15 like this.
  10. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

xLink for me has been consistent in that when it works, it works pretty well. Occasional lagspikes, the odd boot here and there. But when it doesn't work, it's a fucking lemon. Whole nights spent sifting through config screens and resetting every device with a country mile of my PS2, and having to constantly pester people about how many players they see, or if any rooms are up.

Other people have it way worse, too. I'm very lucky in that xLink works over 50% of the time for me, but not everyone has the same success. This isn't exactly out of tune with SOCOM 2 in its heyday, of course. It's always been finicky at times. But we've grown used to more consistent, reliable servers and multiplayer packages, even if the actual contents, of those packages aren't quite what S2 was. It really is nice to load up a... eugh.. CoD or BF game, and be able to get into a game and play to the end 99.9% of the time.

MR.BLUE likes this.
  11. Eagle_F15

I have never had an issue booting up xlink. I do get lag and I do not have the connections so it looks good, like I have seen in some streams. I really only have played in about 3 full matches of 8v8 the rest have been 4v4, 4v3 less then 10 players basically.

It's old, it's nostalgia but not what I want today. I would really, really like to see how it would run if Sony opened up the servers!

12. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

Thought this was about SOCOM? Why bring Content creation into this? Something the VAST majority of this community knows nothing about...including you.

Imagine spending 5 years doing something you love and are now in a position to make a living doing it, only to have it taken away because the platform you have your time to says it' your time.

You' do the same thing if you were in my position. Try to get back that livelihood. But you will never be in that position. Working 10 hour days, buying a house at 25 and building a fanbase in my "spare" time to be able to have people like you talk shit about something they know nothing about.
    You have no clue, because you don' have any ambition. Just sit on forums all day going back and forth with people about TKing players in a 14 year old game that isn't coming back.
    Educate yourself. Take a look at what you are doing.

I know you used to watch me, until I stopped covering SOCOM and SOCOM related projects. Typical of the community. They love you when you're "SOCOM" but when you're "SOCOM and other things" they ain't around.

ChemoFreak7 and Focuzed like this.
  13. Focuzed

Focuzed Navy SEAL

Fucking FAX

ChemoFreak7 likes this.
  14. Eagle_F15

I love Battlefield, I think it's a great game. So many games to play, not enough time. If rumors are true and the next Battlefield is a modern style shooter, I will definitely be back into it!

15. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

I bought my first home at 22, at 29 I am about to buy a beach front property in addition to the home I own. So if you want to get into a dick measuring contest and ambition talk, please, tell me more. I've done what I've loved to do for over 10 years and the platform isn't going to be taken away because it's not FUCKING YOUTUBE. But at the end of the day, you said this wasn't about money, but then...surprise, surprise, in reality it IS about money and that's part of what makes you a fraud, that and the fact that you don't even play SOCOM.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    dizee likes this.
  16. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Really? I never have issues with X-Link. I never have issues connecting, getting into games, anything like that. I get the occasional room boot with everyone else, but 99% of the time I never have a problem. I can't even remember the last time I had to change an orb or tweak a setting. It's been ages.

dizee and eVo7 like this.
  17. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

I'm with you, I've never really had issues, I think I've maybe had to switch orbs once or twice and that was a really long time ago.

Swill likes this.
  18. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

Our formula of having Mack or myself as host has really smoothed out the experience on Fun Nights. We never have room splits anymore and only the occasional boot for one or two people maybe. The only time we have had issues was Friday when people patch booted the room but that is no fault of Xlink at all.

Been saying this forever but people need to configure their routers properly and then xlink becomes very stable.

Swill likes this.
  19. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

That just means they weren't watching it for you specially, rather the game you were playing. Would you watch a person playing shit you don't care about? Probably not. You can't blame them for leaving but you also can't be blamed for wanting to play other games.

While I think it's stupid that anyone makes money playing games, it's just how it is. It's a form on entertainment and for that I really can't fault people for wanting to make that their career.

At the end of the day bills need to be paid and if you enjoy whatever it is to pay those bills then more power to you.

eVo7 and dizee like this.
  20. Eagle_F15

Its the interaction, you can access streams on mobile when you can not play. It's cool especially Socomers and community streamers, I will support that anytime. I can only sit in a stream for so long before I'm like, wtf am I doing not playing...lol! But all in all, it's the interaction with gamers that I like.

Bigfry likes this.