So what's this I hear about H-Hour being good?

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by SkiMask, Jul 16, 2017.

1. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

It's all about personality for me. Well, skill at the game also factors in, I'll get to that.

Just like radio, Twitch streams hinge upon the charisma of the person/people participating in them. If you've got a bunch of fucking Opies doing a stream, telling each other to shut up all the time and playing in silence, yeah, it''l get old real quick and you'll wonder why anyone even does this. But if you get a great streamer who can either carry interesting conversations with teammates/enemies/whoever, or even hold the viewer's attention by themselves, it's a treat to watch.

Their level of skill in a game is important too. I personally prefer two extremes in this regard: people who are very good at games and can push them to their limits, or consistently produce exciting moments, or people so hilariously bad at the game that goofy, memorable shit happens regularly.

Medux and Eagle_F15 like this.
  2. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

I tend to watch twitch streams based on games I show interest in. I dont think I ever watch a twitch stream for very long if they are playing some game I have no interest in. I follow x amount of games and tend to watch those only. For example, I follow Fairlight Excalibur and enjoy his streams but havent watched him in months. Why? He quit playing games like RB6, Dayz, PUBG and instead plays League of Legends all the time.

I dont care how good a streamer is or isnt, if the game has no appeal to me I wont watch. I go on twitch for the gameplay with commentary being a secondary thing, not the other way around.

3. dtodt13

dtodt13 Butterstick

I recently got the emulator going on my pc. I love it and it definitely helps get past the old graphics since the emulator does HD pretty nicely. H hour is also feeling really good after that last patch. And you know what, ill prob get task force when it finally releases too. Im not sure what a community divided can accomplish. Put aside biases and just play whatever the hell you want and shut up abouy everything else lol. Most us are grown men not mic grabbin yappin 11-16 yr olds anymore :)

4. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Yeah Fry you fuckin Phony lol. Talkin Socom for half a decade and shit... you fake fuck! o_O

What up btw, haven't been through in a while.

Bigfry likes this.
  5. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Some of us walked away cause you can be a fucking classless asshole though.

Don't get it twisted.

I read your open letter the other day when you left the podcast and I couldn't help but ascribe some assholian to it. The way you wrote it, the way the words hit the paper; I got my confirmation. It was never lack of SOCOM, it was lack of humility when it counted, for me.

But keep doing YOU. I've always made that well known to everyone I encounter.

6. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

Well, I'll be sure to class myself up when the likes of SkiMask comes around.

At least I left a podcast on my own, and wasn't kicked off like you were.

ChemoFreak7 and Swill like this.
  7. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Thank you sir.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  8. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

Joker/Joker/Ace or Joker/Joker/Deuce

Use to bust some spades pretty much daily when I was out to see.

SkiMask likes this.
  9. o3Celerity

o3Celerity Quickscoper

H-Hours playable now since the animation rework and mechanics additions.
    I wouldn't say the gun play is consistent at all.
    Lots of work still until I would deem it something I would play daily.

That said just because someone finds the game good now doesn't mean they've forgiven the studio or the drama that spewed from it, it is however a SOCOM project that could possibly be on console soon so it's what is there for the community.

Now whether or not the Studio actually has an Indie License to port to PS4 for free or are going to try for the early access program is up in the air.
    I doubt the money's there to do it otherwise.

As for Task Force, another plausible solution to the console SOCOM itch. I wouldn't say the two games play the same tho. I don't think which one is ported first would decide the winner there either.

As for XLink it's still what I play the most, mainly clan wars now since the ladders are there for them and have grown the player base a few, definitely still despise the lag, sponging and peer 2 peer tho but sometimes it plays nice and you can get a solid game in.

ChemoFreak7, oni64 and SkiMask like this.
  10. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Fuckin shill.......

ChemoFreak7 likes this.
  11. o3Celerity

o3Celerity Quickscoper

Thanks for stopping by the streams (;

12. dtodt13

dtodt13 Butterstick

Have you played TF? Could you point out some differences between the two projects? And keep it professional please lol. Im legitimately curious since i didnt get picked for testing.

13. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Legitimate question:

I'm assuming that SONY demands certain criteria be met by independent studios in order to acquire an Indie License, otherwise any schmuck could claim to be an independent studio and get the license. Would SOF Studios even come close to qualifying? They have no money, no resources, and no staff.

Secondly, even if they managed to get the licensing, I'm fairly certain SONY requires certain standards of testing/patching in order to sell a game on their platform, something which costs a lot of money to do. Even if SOF Studios by some miracle managed to get the license, how would they afford the testing/patching that's needed to get H-Hour on the PS4, but to also maintain it? No one is going to invest in the game because, once again, they have no resources, none of their own money, no staff, no playerbase, and 50% negative reviews. Where's the money going to come from to afford that?

If someone can legitimately provide a reasonable explanation, I'm all ears. I just don't see it.

MR.BLUE and oni64 like this.
  14. o3Celerity

o3Celerity Quickscoper

Ive signed a NDA with them and they only want certain things shared on youtube and what not
    gameplay wise,

TF has Run Button, Zoom in on Third Person i mean just those two aspects alone change gameplay.

An indie license gives you the ability to port and patch for free on console.
    otherwise yes patches are quite expensive.
    When you look at the loading screen on PC for HHour tho it does have the Sony Logo and Dualshock logo so not sure if they have already acquired the license or not, but having a dev kit doesnt necessarily mean they have the license.

Also yes the quality of which hhour is at now for a 3D game is pretty low, but ive also played a few indie games with choppy mechanics on PS4, im not too sure at which standards need to be met

Swill and oni64 like this.
  15. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

Getting a license to develop for sony is actually really simple now compared to trying to become one in the past. The biggest barrier to entry I guess would be the fact that you actually need a business tax ID (if you are in the states at least) and I think $3000 for the dev kit.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/develop/

Swill likes this.
  16. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Fish Market Janitor

Unless SOF, a few patches down the line can magically make everything work(animations, weapons, sound) and look good(graphically, talking CHURCH status), it aint gunna do anything, imo.

Edit: Before it goes to port

Swill likes this.
  17. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Oh I almost forgot to say good luck with the website. So...

Good luck with the website.

18. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

19. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

20. Almericus

Almericus Bullshit proof warrior

Releasing the latest update of our H-Hour Workshop Editor and Guide for everyone. Includes fixes for the ladders. Engine version is still 4.15.3.

Please read the Move sections for how to move your content to this new Editor and the sections on ladders and jump 2 climb before attempting to use the new tools! Remember J2C also includes vaulting of objects now so test in editor to see how this works for you.

NEW GUIDE Oct 08, 2017

H-Hour Workshop Guide V8.1

8.1 adds:

*clarity to new users for the need to MOVE vs Copy StarterContent into their Content folders to avoid missing content with references pointing outside of the build structure

*reflects that C4 plant locations no longer need to be set

*gives workaround for addressing path issues some experienced when using Uploader

H-Hour Workshop Editor V2.2.7 (October 2017)

Here is a list of functions now available to mappers in our Editor:

• Creators can add sub-levels to their main map to deploy map versions running any or all of the following game modes; Extraction, Sabotage, Demolition and Breach. Special settings required to enable bomb spawns, plant zones, breaches and hostages are noted in the guide.
    • Creators have been provided with a blueprint to allow access to H-Hour's door action and sound (experimental) feature.
    • Creators have been provided with the necessary tools and instructions for adding ladders and jump to climb and vault to their maps.
    • Creators have been provided with a blueprint to allow the addition of breachable walls.
    • Creators have been provided with a blueprint so they can create and deploy destructibles such as blown bridges or other assets.
    • Creators have been provided with blueprints to allow access to H-Hour's breakable lights, point and spot light feature.
    • Creators have been provided with blueprints to allow access to H-Hour's water volume feature so player's can enter water and splash on your map.
    • Creators have been provided access to load their own loading screen for their map game modes.

H-Hour Workshop is badass now. You can do everything! Keep 'em S2 maps coming!