So what's this I hear about H-Hour being good?

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by SkiMask, Jul 16, 2017.

1. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

I could but its really not worth my time. trust me, they are there, just go back to the beginning and start reading. hell at some point you will run across a thread i made about it explaining to them the difference between all the stages of development and how they had it all fucked up.

2. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

He might not be able to find it, they scrubbed almost 2 years of forum posts after they did the purge. You can't even view them on the wayback machine site.

3. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Demolition Junkie

Were these on the private forums or public?

4. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

It was the public forum. They shut the forums down and deleted almost everything.

Edit: this is my biggest gripe with some of you folks who come over here. You act as though people here are just making shit up when the reality is you are completely ignorant of what has actually taken place.

5. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

Like Caz said, they were public. Then for the last 3 years we've watched the members there re-debate the inclusion of features that already had dozens of pages of feedback on the old, now extinct forums.

6. RaidenXS

I'll admit ignorance, but there's also no proof. I can't join anyone's side based off of hearsay. There are a lot of accusations but no direct proof. That being said, I go off my own instinct because that's all I have. The only ones I have spoken to that are directly involved in any incident all agree to an agreeable departure.

7. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

There's a world of difference between a small indie dev creating a 2D platformer, and a small indie dev creating a 3d TPS with online, sophisticated animations, relatively high-res textures, and multiplayer infrastructure.

dizee and Swill like this.
  8. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

that was the whole point of them completely wiping their forums.

MR.BLUE, xCaZx- and Swill like this.
  9. Swill

Swill Killjoy

I classify an indie developer as any developer who isn't a subsidiary of another company and is independently owned. Zipper was independently owned and wasn't a subsidiary of anyone until SONY bought them.

I never said anything about size. It has nothing to do with size. It has to do with quality and resources. I used to mow my neighbors grass when I was a kid. Does that mean, if I start "Swill's Lawn Service" tomorrow, that I can magically call myself a landscaper? Technically and legally I can, yes. But, I'm not actually one. I know next to nothing about grass, soil, and landscaping in general. I have no real professional training or experience in the field.

It's the same with SOF Studios. They're a "developer" by title only, but not in reality. Again, they're nothing but a name on legal papers. They don't have any leaders, they don't have any money, they don't have an office, they don't have desks or computers that their staff works on, and they don't have a single person working for them that has any experience working with a real, actual professional studio or developer or that has been trained in game design/development. They're all volunteers whose only experience in making games is stuff they did as a hobby while sitting in their mother's basement.

If you think a structure like that is going to produce a successful game on ANY kind of platform, then you're insane.

10. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Why? It's called PR. It's called hype. It's called keeping the idiots who are still dumb enough to follow you pacified so you can stall them as along as possible and keep them interested in what little you have left to offer.

11. Swill

Swill Killjoy

It's not hearsay, at all. It's pure fact. Anyone and everyone who's been around this debacle since the beginning knows about "The Purge". If you want to pretend it didn't happen or use "I can't join anyone's side based off of hearsay" as an excuse to not accept reality, then that's your issue. It doesn't change the fact that it happened and it's not even up for debate.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and MR.BLUE like this.
  12. rev

rev picard is lord

Saw on Facebook that H-Hour got approval to start development on the PS4.

Came to laugh my fucking ass off, ahhahaha...

If the game is in any state close to the last time I looked at it maybe 6 months ago, expect years and years more of delays and an obvious flop if it ever releases.

It'll be unfortunate if this drops, will likely further any chance of getting a SOCOM when Sony see's how uninterested millions of gamers will be in this piece of shit.

13. RaidenXS

Right, so can you fault them for trying to achieve larger goals with the same size team?

But if there's nothing to sell, why make the hype?

Couldn't that describe any start up? Taskforce, Proj Con, Polytron? there needs to be a start somewhere.

Hearsay by definition is "information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate". I can't substantiate the accusations.

14. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

I can if they fail, and do so with money I gave them, yes. I especially can if they've treated me and this community in general with very little respect.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and Swill like this.
  15. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

You are doing exactly what multiple other people have done over the past couple of years.

The best part is when that same person comes back months later and is like "hey guys you were right, their full of shit, and SOF is led by a con-artist".

Nobody here has anything to gain by making up a forum purge, which I guess is what you think is happening, since your stance is "there is no proof". Here is your proof, this game has been in development for what 3-4 years now? How far back does the forum activity go? I am going to guess about 2 years...right about the same time Tom had a nuclear melt down and deleted everything.

16. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

So you're saying size doesnt matter?

They always say that bro. Right before they open up the top drawer of their dresser after you leave and check to see if they need new batteries.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  17. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

I think that ship has long since sailed.

Also, how's it going bud? Haven't seen you around in a while.

rev and JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz like this.
  18. Swill

Swill Killjoy

This is either blatant trolling or total ignorance. In either case, I have no interest in entertaining either one. Good luck in your weird, blind support for H-Hour. Lord knows you'll need it lol.

19. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Hearsay would apply if you had one or even 2 people telling you something.

In this case you have literally dozens of people giving you the information as well as the means by which to verify by looking in the archives here in real time in the threads that went on during the timeline in question.

Unless you believe the members here are involved in a conspiracy to smear SOF and the staff has gone back and altered dozens of threads and thousands of posts spanning 5 years

20. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

Check for yourself https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://sofstudios.com/

You'll notice there's a gap of about 2 years where you can't access the forum records from that time and it just so happens that it's the 2 years leading up to the purge in late 2014.

Our forums however have never been purged like that so if you want more proof you can look up posts from people like Wit is Wisdom or PaulDPearl or any of the other current/previous mods from SOF (even me if you'd like) and see the conversations they had with us about those events right here on this site. The search bar is your friend and the story is there for you to substantiate for yourself.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz, xCaZx- and Swill like this.