SOCAST Episode 18 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'SOCOM Podcasts' started by WarMachine_v1, Jan 30, 2012.

1. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

[align=center][​IMG]
    [/align]
    [align=center]Feel free to discuss Episode 18 here.[/align]

2. LUKENBACHER

LUKENBACHER Professional Game Developer

I felt rusty as hell and all over the place, but it was good to be back.

3. Zach_Novak

Zach_Novak Boom Boolah!

wow, good to be back listening to this, i'll make notes as i listen

- awesome the first speaker drops the F-bomb a few times
    - luke you touch on using 'hip fire' in confrontation... i think you should have worded this differently, we use third person to shoot an enemy when firing, alternative to first person shooting, which should be equally as accurate but from a different prospective. calling it 'hip firing' makes it sound like we're not aiming as prolific or damaging as we should. Call of duty players would call it hip firing, don't go sounding like one of those now buddy :p
    - totally agree on the point, all respawn should be unranked. All password private created games unranked (clan wars) and all UCRRs ala S2 are ranked like old school ranking system from S2.
    - you can't make old school maps with any real tactics in them these days because as a player all you can see is your fucking characters body taking up 80% of your screen... the other 20% is OMG HOW PRETTY ARE THE FKN GRAPHICS! (fucked game play)
    - If they remade S1 and/or S2 i'd have all my friends on it, or they won't hear from me again... and all the old school clans and all the COD clans giving something else a crack, then get caught on the so-crack :D
    - I'd love to think Sony and/or Zipper listen to this.
    - I'd go $59, right now.
    - With what there is to play currently i'm sure we would all pay $59...
    - The S3 and CA engine felt revamped from S1/2, very very similar, S3/CA you can aim around while jumping from memory :p
    - I personally do not want Socom 3 or CA... i just want S1/2 in the one game.
    - I would like the small versions of the maps from S3/CA in a S1/2 remade game :)
    - It is EBgames in Australia too
    - Little Big Planet mention? oh gawd no...
    - I would purchase EVERY piece of DLC in a S1/2 remake... i few hundred dollars, easy
    - I forgive Slant Six... Confrontation had the potential to be perfect, but obviously fell well short in LOTS of MINOR issues, which obviously included the game engine.
    - Zipper are a puppet with Sonys hand up there ass, the team is so different/that was just said...
    - The reason the Socom fan base doesn't come on the forums is because we're a older age bracket now, i think half my old school clan was 35yo back in '04 - they would be back in a heart beat.
    - I think Sony released cheats to kids so we'd get off the free servers and we'd have to buy the next games coming out...
    - I played Socom 2 until the day before S3 was released, we knew all the cheaters on the Australian/New Zealand servers in our community.
    - Some of the gamebattles and consolegaming ladders had the Elite players of Socom in the world, socombattles is old school talk.
    - I have a feeling 'the unnamed guy' is the kind of guy who was a cheater, attention seeking ******.
    - I miss 1 bullet head shots in games... and NO aim assist back then! real gamers.
    - I disagree, i hate shooting people more... Nothing beats Socom 2 when you can get 3-4 guys with 1 M4A1 30 bullet clip in 20 seconds if you were cornered and trying to clutch, no time to reload... when the lag was good.
    - Games aren't skill made these days, they want ALL games to cater to the massive market of Call of Duty so everyone can buy the game/make money, instead of working on making a good game. ALL games are so watered down...
    - I'm against side switching, nothing beats winning on Enowapi seals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Sujo seals!
    - It gives average clans a good chance if they're good at defense
    - MUST have the 11th round back, i remember a clan war that had 5-6 draws in that and our top player finished with 28 kills, and there were so many clutches and all of the clan riding on one player to perform against the odds.
    - ^Best feelings in the world in gaming. Map went for over 2 hours.
    - I'm massive on 1 game mode per map - like old school. as well as team death match you need to find and kill entire other team like old school socom.
    - I'm all over competitive game play, love that guys comments, Enowapi Seals lives!
    - Love the side switch idea at the end of the game idea, but you'll still get all the scrubs leave the lobby if they're on the harder side.
    - What's the longest you guys have played Socom till? i played it till 11am once, then slept till 4pm then back on Socom till after 8am again :)
    - Love the mention of the connection with counter strike which really influenced socom.
    - Most unbalanced map from S1/2? Not Death trap... have a few draws and wait for them to come out... many epic clan wars on that.
    - So:con and S4 were designed to NOT be one sided... which made them gay maps.
    - Ew hated ALL vehicles in Socom, lets never speak of this again.
    - Fuck lol I would love to reinstall So:Con on my new PS3 but it'll only make me cry... :(
    - 1 word to describe Socom - 'Everything'

here's my couple videos guys :)

http://www.wegame.com/watch/ASO_promo_vid/
    http://www.wegame.com/watch/ASO_win_1st ... ournament/

Stupid question, how do we get in the audience for the podcast?

4. LUKENBACHER

Thanks for the awesome feedback, Zach!

5. BiG-LUCK

BiG-LUCK Crucible

Great job done here guys. Where's a Dev when you need one.

6. rev

rev picard is lord

Just login to the livestream.

If you don't have an account then sign up, then you'll be able to chat with everyone else.

7. EliteBull41

EliteBull41 Devil's Road

Graet podcast you guys! I enjoyed it. I think it was Rev. who couldent remember how waterworks small was set up. It was just seal side that you could play on. Seals spawned by the little building on the left...Great map!!

8. BiG-LUCK

BiG-LUCK Crucible

Wasn't it you rev that said you felt S4 had no gravity? Like the character was detached from the environment?

I felt the same way also. It was like my character floated on the surface. Kind of like those little handheld car games that the background scrolled behind the little car you moved back and forth pretending you were trying to stay on the scrolling track under it.

That stood out at me real big and is horrible. I want my character to feel grounded to the environment also. Good call.

9. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

Jumping in S4 was like Kobe taking a jump shot... Instead of a soldier jumping in gear with weapon in hand lol.

10. kingGILLEY

kingGILLEY Chopsticks

I will listen to it again and give some comments, because I remember having a million during the podcast.

I just wanted to stop in and say that the live podcast was a lot of fun, and I look forward to more of them in the future. It was like a forum discussion, but you didnt have to hit refresh. ;^)

11. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

Cool, thanks... we will try and do more.

12. Zach_Novak

Zach_Novak Boom Boolah!

Eeeek, i was laying in bed this morning and remembered my biggest point/question.

I hate over the shoulder view with a passion, i think it is the most horrible view in gaming history, then we scored it in Socom... Do you guys think it would be a positive direction to scrap the OTS view, take it back to S1/2 with the proper 3rd person AND 1st person, but change our old school first person view into a more Call of Duty style 1st person view with a Gun in your hands? I think this would be a massive step forward and make something that people say is 'out dated' to a current level of 'todays standards' with incorporating something of the modern era having a great effect on a current day Socom title.

I had a friend on S2 that exclusively played it in first person. I played competitively and every grenade i threw i flicked into first person because they were spot on accurate...

I think as a community we should stomp out OTS view, it's hated since it's induction, all it does is limit a players peripheral vision - i can see the developers angle trying to make the gun fights more 'intimate' but i find it restricting and a pain in the ass if you're required to push additional buttons to get a sight on your enemy in order to shoot them.

Traditional 3rd person and re-vamped 1st person is the key to any new released Socom, remake or not.

13. UnSeenDeath88

UnSeenDeath88 Butcher Pete

but if they added in the FPS with gun then they would add in ADS which nobody likes that cause it gives an accuracy increase when used

14. Zach_Novak

Zach_Novak Boom Boolah!

i never considered ADS hahaha - but it would be fine as an option, it would be equally as accurate as first person view without aiming down sights, just a preference in aiming.

15. UnSeenDeath88

UnSeenDeath88 Butcher Pete

Would it be an extra push of the up button to enter iron sights or only have ADS when a gun has a scope like it was in the old games. and also if i remember right you were not able to jump while in scope, and it kicked you out if you shot in full auto.

I prefer the second option

16. LUKENBACHER

Personally speaking, I think that OTS needs to be scraped. Then, give us accurate hipfire WITHOUT ADS. And if you really want to make us happy, give us a true First Person option like the old SOCOMs.

17. BiG-LUCK

BiG-LUCK Crucible

Agreed

18. Iamlost

Iamlost Night Stalker

been in a few clan with rev back in the day <l< BHS a few others it was so awesome to hear his voice and how passionate he was on the latest podcsat i missed quite a few of em. but im a catch back up.

rev dude that montage thing you guys are doing u have to put in the clips from [G] vs [LiQ] for the 200th win ill find a link but i beg it it had to be one of the most hyped best clan wars ever gb radio did live coverage for godsake

ill also try looking up any old footage i can find this deserved to be enshirined cuz those guys were socom gods they defined legends every clan that any of those guys made was epic.

i really miss the good old days and hope and pray we get a s2 hd

19. Zach_Novak

Zach_Novak Boom Boolah!

So we all agree? excellent lol :)

20. MarksmanDan

MarksmanDan Green Up

I think in your podcast i feel you should have talked about communication between team mates during classic socom matches in socom 4.

I feel that the communication in socom 4 is ridiculous because knowone uses there headests anymore, and knowone calls out enemy players to there team mates nore support there fellow team mates. Socom is all about teamwork and communicating with team mates and i feel in socom 4 that doesent happen. Everyone just runs around and does whatever the fuck they want.

Please mention this in your next podcast as i feel this needs to be addressed.

Thanks you.