SOCOM 1 Speedruns

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by Tawok, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Tawok

Tawok has left the building

Here it is lads. Something you didn't even know you wanted. The birth of the SOCOM 1 speed run. Coming it at 1:24 [1:18 in game], I set the bar for Death at Sea. Who will take the World Record from me?

I'll start another thread to definitively list the leaders of each level as they come in. Each submission must be in video format, front to back footage of the run with no edits, and please include splits. Speaking of splits - Start your split from the moment you can move, and end the split the moment the screen fades to black. See the above video for reference.

Categories
    • Difficulty
    • Glitched / Glitchless
    • 100% / Any % (All objectives or not)
    • Single Level / Single Segment (Each level timed individually vs. playing the entire game front to back)
    Let's keep this thread to discuss SOCOM 1 speedrunning and submissions. If it's necessitated, we can start threads for the other games when submissions roll in / when the discussion is ripe. Let's kick this shit off with a bang.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Drum, SkiMask, SocomKillah28 and 2 others like this.
  2. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

This is fucking awesome. Im doing this.

oni64, Tawok and MR.BLONDE like this.
  3. SHUDRSKI

SHUDRSKI Butterstick

Damn son. Gonna have to give it a try. Where did you get the timer?

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  4. Tawok

I used Livesplit

5. SHUDRSKI

SHUDRSKI Butterstick

Thank you sir

6. Tawok

Happy to help brotha.

7. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

Just want to let everyone know, I am in the process of developing a spreadsheet that eventually may go on Google Docs or something for everyone's perusal. It will include times, recordholder names, and links to video evidence. Please inform me of any new records, and I will add them.

SHUDRSKI and MattyB like this.
  8. Bluerumm

Bluerumm Grenade Spammer

.Great Job Tawok!!.Keepin the Faith alive""

9. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Chopsticks

Could you consider doing a 100% mission accomplished run?

10. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

Anyone is free to do whatever kind of run they please, really. I personally, if I ever get the capcard and start doing this, would focus on single-level runs based on speed alone, rather than all objectives, but maybe branch out later on.

11. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Would that include both primary and secondary objectives AND speed or just 100%?

12. SHUDRSKI

SHUDRSKI Butterstick

Just completing mission as fast as possible will probably be around for awhile. Then as stated above, We'd move on to fastest completion with all obj's complete

13. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Chopsticks

Just 100%. I couldn't care less about speed. More execution in perfection. Shit is not easy x.x

14. Tawok

hrm then maybe a "speedrun" isn't for you and a speedrun thread isn't where you're going to find what you're looking for

15. Tawok

I'm submitting SOCOM to www.speedrun.com so we don't have to rely on a thread on TRS for relevant data.

SocomKillah28 and SHUDRSKI like this.