SOCOM Community Night!

Discussion in 'SOCOM Community Nights' started by LUKENBACHER, Jan 8, 2012.

1. BiG-LUCK

BiG-LUCK Crucible

Cool, see you guys there later on.

2. BigFred18

BigFred18 Computer Room Technician

Well I think I am going to hop off because I can't hear anyone and on my screeen no one is moving from our spawn on either team but people are dying as if nothinhg is wrong so. Not sure if it is me or the game.

3. BiG-LUCK

BiG-LUCK Crucible

Yeah, To much shit with this game not to mention Xroads extraction when I joined. I immediately bailed.

4. BigFred18

Yea I was having some crazy lag last night for some reason. Other people saw it as well as we kept on playing. and what happened on xroads or are you talking about where people where leaving to the new room?

5. BiG-LUCK

BiG-LUCK Crucible

Had no idea a new room went up. No one said anything and people were bouncing. Crossroads extraction is lame. The map is entirely to small for that mode and it was being played like suppression anyway. Why not just make it suppression right? lol I thought it was classic maps with it's respectable mode. Not the dumb shit.

6. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Code 9

REally? Cause that was one of my favorite maps of the night. LOL It takes planning and tactics to work that map mode. I think it was a good map IMO.

7. BigFred18

Yea, someone said they were going to message your team what was up. I told War Pig just in case but I think you left before I sent the message.

and last night I thought all of the maps were going to be like they were on the old Socoms but as you saw, that didn't happen.

8. UnSeenDeath88

UnSeenDeath88 Butcher Pete

anybody wanna put a room up tonight, 9/2

9. BiG-LUCK

BiG-LUCK Crucible

If I have to play Confrontation I'd much rather play it classic socom style, but that's just my preference when playing that shitty game to begin with. To each his own.

We saw Gs dipping out and SWILL was on our side and he didn't know why they bounced either. Guess I bailed before anyone got the message out a new room was going up.

10. BigFred18

Same here, there were things I didn't like about the room last night but I wouldn't have just left. I could of lived with it. I enoy playing SOcom with the people in the room than I do playing the game. Rabid left to make the new room, Uneven didn't really want to play last night, and idk about Prof. a few of the guys on my team were not paying attention so I had to fill them in as well as your team in the lobby. All well, next week should be better.

11. LUKENBACHER

LUKENBACHER Professional Game Developer

I'll be back next week folks. Hope there was still a good room going on Saturday.

12. J-Put

J-Put Grenade Spammer

I don't know what room you were in on Saturday, but when we played crossroads extraction it was an awesome game. I didn't know that suppression had hostage extractions either, which I got a few of to win a couple rounds. In fact I would say that the whole game was very squarely focused on the hostages and how to get them out. I don't remember much talking happening that WASN'T about that until the whole mass exodus thing happened. Sounds like you didn't like the gamemode, got butthurt and left. Fine, bail, but don't sit there and make up reasons after the fact.

13. BiG-LUCK

BiG-LUCK Crucible

That's funny because when I came in and not two rounds after folks were bailing to make a new room. Sounds like a squarely focused game to me or maybe xroads extraction happens to be lame. Nah that couldn't be it could it? So you and war piggy had a few good rounds before I came in, perhaps on the seal side. When I joined it was switching sides and I seen two to three rounds of suppression play and then everyone leaving. Think before you speak j-puss. I know what the fuck I saw.

14. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Code 9

That's not the case. You had 2 or 3 people that didn't like it. Extraction has always been a part of Socom and is a great mode. If you people don't like it, it's because they aren't used to working as a team. That mode requires team work and is KEY in winning. I was pretty pissed that people were leaving as our side was having a really good time working as a team and I was getting my Socom rush.

There are map modes I'm not crazy about, not many but some, and I would never think about just leaving and making a new room. That is akin to a child picking up his toys and leaving cause he didn't like the way the other kids were playing. It's just silly and childish.

15. BiG-LUCK

BiG-LUCK Crucible

Sorry dude. Let me make myself clear in which i thought I had one page back. Confrontation is a shitty game to play to begin with and if I am going to TRY and play it I will only play classic socom style period. So my preference and any others is silly and childish? Guess I'm silly and childish when I chose not to play any other of these shitty games on the market huh? Oh well, that's me silly and childish I reckon. Oh and I forgot to add I don't like teamwork because of my preferences, thanks pig you know me so well.

16. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Code 9

First of all, I didn't call you out personally. I am talking from a general stand point. But yes, Extraction has ALWAYS been a "classic" style game mode on Socoms. So I don't understand your point? I stand behind what I said. It's freaking unbelievably childish to quit a game in the middle of rounds cause you don't like the game mode. Damn straight. That's what I said. This was a community night and should have never been a problem. I made no mention of other shooters on the market. I think you are either confused at what I posted or just butt hurt over getting owned on a map mode you aren't good at? Take your pick.

17. oGSpY

oGSpY Chopsticks

Their seems to be a lot of miscommunication going on regarding why people left and made another room. I was under the impression that people left because the next map was "Blizzard" and my side (the one that had the most people leave) had a verbal conversation about who was and was not going to stay for Blizzard, I believe nearly everyone said they were going to leave next map so then someone suggested that someone leave and make a new room without "Blizzard". Then when that new room was up a more people started to leave and joined the new room. Personally I left on ro0und 8 when I died to join the new room, not because of the map itself but because of the next map which was "Blizzard".

Now I can't speak for anyone else regarding the reason for them leaving the room but I was under the impression that the majority of my side was not going to stay for "Blizzard" so they left to make a room without it, not because of Extraction. Now if you don't like the game mode and map combination or the map you can leave if you want, calling someone "childish" or "butthurt" because they want to play their a certain way and have their own preferences is completely stupid.

18. BiG-LUCK

BiG-LUCK Crucible

oh well, I can't help my preferences make you mad. I don't like something I just don't fucking like it. Sorry. Maybe you need to go cry to mommie because bigluck don't give a fuck.

19. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Code 9

You can spin this however you want. It was childish to leave a room that was not over and even worse just because Blizzard was coming up in rotation. The adult thing to do would have been finish the rounds and in the lobby tell people you are going to sit out this next map or take a break and come back later. That's what adults do. Not just say nothing and start leaving cause you don't like something.

I don't think it's stupid to call it out for what it is. Your last line tells it exactly what I said... because people wanted to play "their way" with "their preferences" is the epitome of what a child does. Their way or no way. LOL So whatever.
    [hr]
    It's clear you don't understand what's being posted dude. I don't give a shit about your "preferences" or game modes you like or dislike. My point is be an adult and if you join a room and a map play it out! I don't think community nights are really for you as there are many different map modes that aren't classic. Maybe it's something to think about buddy. Take care. :grin:

20. oGSpY

oGSpY Chopsticks

I think you are taking this too seriously, Calling someone "butthurt" or "childish" over a videogame is stupid no matter how you say it.

I was under the impression that in the TRS community room or on videogames in general people can come and go as they please and don't need to tell someone. If people don't want to play a certain combination of maps/gamemodes or a certain map or gamemode it self they shouldn't be crucified over it and I don't see how it is a big deal. It's just a videogame.

All I can say is their was a lot of miscommunication going on and if you really are going to take it this seriously then you are the one being "childish" and "butthurt". (See what I did their)