SOCOM Confrontation Server Project

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by Eagle_F15, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Fish Market Janitor

I just came across a SOCOM Confrontation server project of some kind. I'm excited someone is trying and they need some help!

They are looking for individuals with ASM/IT experience. Check out the youtube video and message them if you can help?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  2. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

This will probably have to be patched in like a motherfucker. Binary Patching and DNAS patching, but it can be done. If the project has dedication and skill, then maybe it will see it through like the Metal Gear Solid Online project. Good luck to them.

3. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

yeah not so sure about this one. i didnt look into it at all but aren't confrontations servers tied in directly to the psn?

4. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

I am a little confused in what they are actually after. If you read their video descriptions:
    "
    OST from SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Confrontation
    Decompiled file : 380007_281_mc2_1_u_hi
    In the objectif of brought back server."

So either they don't know what they are talking about or English isn't their first language. I don't see how getting an MP3 equates to bringing back online functionality.

Not to mention they are really way over their heads for anything PS3. You'd have to replicate PSN essentially.

Eagle_F15, everythingred and oni64 like this.
  5. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Demolition Junkie

no fkin... way!! I'm stoked!

6. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

and i would bet sony aint going to have any of that.

7. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

Hey, I'd play it from time to time.

Eagle_F15 likes this.
  8. oni64

I had the impression that it was going to be like the cyber necromancy video, but I think for MGO it was probably easier in that respect. You probably know more about how this works since I assume you and harry tried this before?

9. 1UP

The reason I say that I dont think they know what they are talking about is because DNAS for the most part wasn't a thing on the PS3. As far as I know it was only for PSN and that might have only been for their storefront. I was looking into The fireteam bravo series and while dnas was mentioned in the dump, it's never used. It's possible that it could have been left over code since both FTB and S3 / CA were pretty similar.

I feel like these people saw this video and said "yea that's probably the same thing".

While I can't really confirm my claims for the ps3 as I don't have a CFW one, I am just assuming based on things I've seen on the PSP and they used the samish stuff between the psp and ps3.

I could be entirely wrong about all this and if so fuck me sideways I suppose.

EDIT:

I watched the video that you posted and I actually didn't know that was a thing. That's rather interesting. They stated it didn't rely on PSN that much where Confrontation probably does. So I would be really interested to see what the game really relies on in that aspect.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    Eagle_F15 and oni64 like this.
  10. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

yeah. MGS4 used that weird Konami login shit which is why they were probably able to get it working. Confrontation had no lan and ran only thru PSN so I imagine this is going to be a complete nightmare to get working, if even possible. If it does work I would also think its going to require CFW to use so that will right there cut down on a huge chunk of possible players.

11. So let me get this straight.

We need to figure out how online was coded, then need to figure out how to spoof PSN, and THEN need to actually find a way to host servers and not get shut down from Sony?

12. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Fish Market Janitor

13. oni64

Eagle_F15 likes this.
  14. PoisonCobra

PoisonCobra 203 Spammer

The best way to find out is to contact them directly if you have the knowledge in IT /ASM.

15. 1UP

I honestly don't think sending them a message is going to really get anyone anywhere but wasted time sadly.

Anytime you see something like that as a request it's usually people who are looking for someone to do all the work for them. Also I don't know a single person that does "IT" that would know anything specific to that. They would be looking for a specialized person, not a guy that slaps machines together.

16. Yep, I'm a Net Admin. You need a programmer and someone who really understand net code and how Sony set up their infrastructure. Going to take a ton of time. I would be useless outside of setting up a server cluster to host whatever runs Confrontation.

17. SocomFireteamBravo 2

SocomFireteamBravo 2 Butterstick

Possible only with cfw consol, if you bypass psn check thers no other solution ,some file have to be edited and change but its allot of work and then setup server ,i dont think many ppl here have cfw so. On official i can tell you its 100 % impossible.

18. SocomFireteamBravo 2

And on description they are not asking anything, the sound file they put is .at4 (if im not wrong can be somthing else but i know Sony use this for ther game sound) And you cant read it ,so they convert it And put on YouTube.

19. 1UP

That doesn't mean anything though.

20. SocomFireteamBravo 2

What you mean you dont understand What i say or What they did?