SOCOM Fun Nights

Discussion in 'SOCOM Community Nights' started by Swill, Jul 31, 2017.

1. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

I honestly dont notice that Drum sponges any more than anyone else. I think anyone can be a victim or perpetrator of lag at any time for any number of reasons. Ive seen all of us absorb way too many shots and not drop. It does seem though that when somebody does get that bug, they have it all night.

Drum likes this.
  2. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

From what I understand from the huge library of Xlink knowledge that is rattling around my brain pan, lag is entirely dependent on whether or not @dizee is hosting your game.

SkiMask and Drum like this.
  3. MACK IS GOD

The rooms he host are certainly more STABLE as far as boots go. I belive its been 4 or 5 weeks in a row we've used the same routine of me making the room and him hosting it and have had zero boots.

Drum likes this.
  4. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

He sponges more than most. Very rarely does Drum go down clean. I am starting to think the wireless internet setup plays a role in it. Last night it was him and Bull sponging bad for me. Swill was warping more than usual too.

I also was getting killed thru walls on Sujo. That window by the T spawn stairs is buggy or something because its the 2nd or 3rd time its happened.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SuspiciousSlipperySrirachaWow this should NEVER happen but it does all the time to me.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  5. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

[​IMG]

Mack has been through some shit though

SkiMask and MACK IS GOD like this.
  6. 1UP

When you said that, I thought you were exaggerating, but no you really did get shot through the wall. That must be a softspot.

7. MACK IS GOD

mack3.jpg

SkiMask and JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz like this.
  8. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

I am hard-wired and the only programs I run are Xlink and Discord. No streams, nothing. Try giving up host once in a while. That might help.
    From your perspective, maybe. But you didn't claim to have this issue with me until fairly recently. You certainly weren't so constantly vocal about it. Btw, I wasn't sponging last night on Night Stalker when you used the M79 for the last few rounds and still lost. GJ, team! :D
    Try hitting me cleanly then. I may not be the best shooter myself, but your aim is all over the place. IDK what else to tell you. Sometimes certain players' connections bump heads. Other times, you just got out-maneuvered. I can admit when I sponge, and I tend to volunteer that assertion more than anyone else, maybe to a fault. Nobody hates losing to lag, or sponging, more than I. But you're engaging in fantasy to say I sponge more than most players. Almost 14 years of playing S2 among regular groups, and the only players who have labeled me a serial sponger are you, Evo, Swill. I can take a jab. But when you use it un-ironically and incessantly, you come off as a sore loser and the boy who cried wolf.
    Swill was also using the notoriously lag-inducing emulator.

SkiMask and MADDENKING1980 like this.
  9. 1UP

Funny you say that, I died just fine.

Drum likes this.
  10. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

Ha ha. You actually did well last night. I don't recall seeing you lag. But laggy doesn't necessarily equal hard-to-kill either. Swill was running in place on Sandstorm, yet I killed him easily.

11. 1UP

I saw him warping around on Sandstorm, I think I even said something about it. He would be running in place and then warp somewhere else.

Drum likes this.
  12. MACK IS GOD

No, no guys. He was just working on his settings. Remember?

Drum likes this.
  13. 1UP

I need to do that more often to get my score from 0-10 to 1-10.

14. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

it doesnt matter if my aim was all over the place, i opened up with a burst to your head/neck and blood flew off. i continued to pepper you with hits to your upper core from behind with blood flying off before you even were looking at me. thats been the norm. the final shot that killed you didnt even look like it connected, no blood. i dont know how anyone can look at that clip and deny the fact that you were sponging there. I was sponging on a round in Nightstalker where I turned around and got you then got TK'd right away. Same thing happened there but in reverse.

as far as the m79s, i think i played on the losing team every map last night, most of them blowouts and didnt complain about it. using m79s for 2 rounds on a map you won anyways is a minor footnote.

15. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

It is what it is, we've seen gun battles from multiple peoples perspectives and not once has has the perspective from everyone matched up. We've seen 1UP light people up from the spectators perspective, blood everywhere but 1UP said he didn't even hit the person and no blood at all on his screen and we have seen the inverse. It's really just the game. This has been going on for 13 years. The shit we see with Drum really isn't anything out of the normal and I personally am just ribbing him just as I know he's ribbed me lots in the past.

16. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

it happened a few weeks ago in the same spot when MattyB got me. its got to be a glitch, my head was never exposed at all when you started shooting. i even watched it frame by frame. games lag and netcode is a total mess sometimes.

17. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

and also remember guys, this games netcode is 100% trash, add Xlink to the mess, and admitted broken hit boxes by Zipper themselves and you the shit show we see every Friday night.

dizee likes this.
  18. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

I agree, Drum should have been dead off of that first burst to the neck/head and one of the numerous times you hit him after that, but for all we know Drum could have legitimately not even been hit from his perspective. This game is broken. Plain and simple.

19. MACK IS GOD

I cant believe people are even bickering about sponging on S2 in 2017......lol

We're lucky we can even get on and play.......

20. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Lol, come on Drum. Video doesn't lie. He hit you plenty clean and there was no out-maneuvering going on lol. You know we love you and it's certainly not your fault, but there's no denying that you sponge like an absolute tank lol. It's far worse than anyone else. The previous 14 years don't count, because no one played on X-Link in those years. X-Link is a different monster altogether, so how things were on SONY's servers is kind of irrelevant. The reason people don't tell you more often is because you're either in a public room and those people don't care enough to tell you, or you're in our Discord where we do mention it plenty. That's why we call you the T-1000. That's the running joke lol :)

As for the emulator, it's not "notoriously lag-inducing." It's fairly new to the scene and, outside of a few instances of people saying I was running in place and the instances where I was intentionally fixing my settings, no one said a peep all night. And, as 1UP said above, no one complained about him and he's on the emulator too.

Just accept it man. For whatever reason, the X-Link gods have decided to grant you with extra life and regenerative powers. You should feel honored and blessed lol.

dizee likes this.