SOCOM Fun Nights

Discussion in 'SOCOM Community Nights' started by Swill, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Swill

Swill Killjoy

There's no reason why we can't bicker about sponging and play the game too. It is possible to do both, you know lol.

2. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

Another community night, another I should have been 15-0 every match and if I didn't get a kill it's because somebody sponged. It happens to us all, and we all complain about it, but it will always happen. It's easier to say Drum is a sponge than to admit he is just really really good at the game. Yes we have video of sponging but if I recorded I could show you all doing the same. If Drum or anybody else was MVP after every match than maybe we would have a valid arguement, until then it's just us bitching about what we believe should happen. We all get kills we shouldn't and we all get one shot to the temple when we shouldn't. Cheers boys

Drum likes this.
  3. MADDENKING1980

MADDENKING1980 Foxhunt

People who play good are always going to get accused of lagging or sponging... because people don't want to admit that their asses got straight up owned, so they start looking for excuses. Sure, there's plenty of lag and weird shit that happens on xlinks, sometimes it's in your favor and sometimes not, it all seems pretty random to me.

I've played with drum a decent amount of times over the years, bottom line is he's pretty damn good at SOCOM. I never thought he was particularly hard to kill, other then him being a smart player who doesn't unnecessarily put himself at risk (no, I'm not calling you a camper drum lol).

One thing I have noticed is that once someone starts complaining (in the discord channel) about a player being laggy or sponging, others seem quick to pull out the pitchforks. The constant open mic on discord gives everyone plenty airtime to speculate on the "reasons" why they're not having a successful night at SOCOM.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    MACK IS GOD, MattyB and Drum like this.
  4. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

Congratulations. You have a clip in which Dizee apparently hits me multiple times. I may very well have sponged there. Meanwhile, Evo and others report seeing something different in each situation. Yet somehow, everyone but you, and maybe Dizee, is willing to at least entertain the possibility that my sudden reputation as The Biggest Sponger is misplaced.
    Nope, but keep manufacturing your tiny consensus if it make losing easier to take. ;-)
    I've been playing Xlink for the past 5 years. The Sony servers haven't been up since 2012. Where TF have you been? Uh huh... You're not the first group of, ahem, opinionated fellas I've played with. You're just the first ones who are silly (spiteful?) enough to claim with straight faces that I sponge worst than anyone.
    No, the reason is that y'all are really wet behind the ears on this whole S2/Xlink thing. Or maybe you're just so butt-hurt when you lose, that you manufacture controversy to imply that I'm not winning fair and square. Tell a bold tale over and over, and eventually all the weak-minded drones take it as settled science? All 3 or 5 of them? Ha.
    Until 1UP came along, everyone who tried PSCX2 in an online, multiplayer, S2 game had trouble playing with the others in the room due to latency issues. I guess 1UP found the magical settings-tweak for his rig, while you didn't quite so. (Btw, my reply to Dizee was in your favor. But go ahead and get in another shot on ol' Drummy, even if it makes you look foolish.)
    Yes, it's a medal of honor to have such longtime, revered S2 players as yourself constantly biting at my ankles over their losses. :rolleyes:

SkiMask and MattyB like this.
  5. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

Well I didn't do anything. A new plugin was made and that's really what solved most of the networking problems. I wrote a comprehensive guide that should get everyone up to speed in terms of getting it playable from start to finish. If people follow that and have relatively new hardware then I shouldn't be any different.

6. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

You didn't open up with a burst. You were spray & pray all the way, and your first 3 shots were nowhere near me. Your next bullet may have hit me because I saw a blood spray. From there, it appeared as though you hit a few more times.
    I may have been sponging there. But that's only "the norm" from your perspective. Or, do you also believe I was intentionally turning my back to you in the middle of our heads-up gunfight, there close to the end? Of course not, but that's exactly how the gunfight appeared -- from your perspective. I was shooting sideways and everywhere else, yet I was hitting you and taking your health. Allegedly.

Yeah? Well, you can always come over to the winning side any old time. You don't have to resort to those loser's tactics. ;-)

7. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

jesus christ. nobody is saying drum isnt a good player. out of the regulars who show up every week, i think its safe the say drum usually plays the best. its a joke. the t1000 joke started off by swill saying like a month ago hes a sponge and i said yeah hes like the t-1000, because anyone who has watched AnthonyKong on twitch play Dayz will know what I am talking about.

did i miss some shots? yes
    was the aiming all over the place at some places? yes
    was drum drilled numerous times? yup

i could fire 200 shots and its still mute point. the video speaks for itself. what happens on anyone elses screen is irrelevant when what i see on my game/stream is alot of sponging sometimes from drum. i stream my POV so feel free to take a look and see for yourself.

MattyB likes this.
  8. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

What's the big deal? I'm just responding to you after you effectively called me out with your Twitch clip. Before that, I didn't make one peep about the T-1000 topic on TRS. After all, it's just a running joke. On Xlink. Right? ;)

MattyB likes this.
  9. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

Then yeah, you're one of the very first, if not the first, to run nominally lag-free online MP S2 with PSCX2. And you made a guide to go along with it. So you can't really say you didn't do anything. That's awesome stuff, man.

10. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

I remember this kill and thinking it was total BS that I killed you/hit you.

11. 1UP

All my kills are bullshit so I just figure that I am just shit. :p

12. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

im gonna have to watch 1ups POV from that kill. im farily certain that on his screen I was probably just standing still there at the window. either that or its just a glitch because its happening way too frequent at that window.

13. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

I do remember taking a DE to the head from you a fews day ago, just so happened that we were on the same team.

14. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

15. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

I saw you at the window and started to fire and just kept firing in case you peeked back out. I don't remember ever seeing you peek out and all of the sudden it said I had killed you. Maybe a bullet ricocheted in the room and hit you? Wouldn't that be some shit...

16. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Lol, some people are reading into this way too much. Like I said, we all love Drum and there's no animosity involved whatsoever. We're just pointing out that Drum sponges harder than anyone else, which he absolutely does. There's no question about that. That doesn't mean he also isn't a good player. Those two things don't have to be mutually exclusive.

@Drum , as for all of this being sore about losing, I think you're trying to reach too far with that one lol. I could lose every map every single week and I wouldn't give two shits. I don't play SOCOM to win. I play SOCOM to shoot up some digital sprites, laugh with some buddies, and have a fun time. Winning or losing has no bearing on that whatsoever.

@1UP , can you somehow mod the game and put a flamethrower into it? That way, we have a chance against the T-1000. He can't die to bullets. He has to be melted down, just like in the movie.

17. 1UP

No, I remember getting the kill, I saw your head and shot but I know for a fact I didn't hit your head and hit the wall. Even on my point of view that's what happened.
    Yea idk how that happens, its weird

I just noticed that in the vod there isn't anything but game sound. Does my stream not include the mics?

18. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

That means a lot, coming from all three of you.
    Not mutually exclusive.
    bandicam 2017-08-13 01-12-00-508.jpg

19. Swill

Swill Killjoy

No, they don't have to be mutually exclusive, of course not. However, we're talking about a dead, 14 year old game. Winning on something like that doesn't mean anything, thus why I don't care if I win or lose. For me, the laughs in the Discord and hanging out chatting with folks is prioritized a lot higher.

Why would I care if I won or lost lol? Where's the value in winning on S2? There is none.

Drum likes this.
  20. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

I can remember vividly thinking last time we played, "I'd be getting pretty annoyed at this point if I were Drum."

Literally EVERY single gunfight he was in the "sponge, T-1000, omg I lit him up" comments would go on. It wasnt even directed at me and I was finding it tedious to listen to, so I can only imagine what it was like for Drum.

Couple times a match, whatever, no big deal, but EVERY single time he was involved in a gunfight a chorus of the same same shit would fill the airwaves. Now its spilled over onto here. I'll say it again, in my experience he doesnt lag or sponge any worse than anyone else does on any given night. Just saying he does doesnt make it true.

Personal experiences may differ, but in my experience playing against him hes been no better or worse with lag or sponging than anybody else.

This entire conversation is becoming toxic. Im not even saying that to be funny. I mean it.

SkiMask, Drum and MADDENKING1980 like this.