SOCOM Fun Nights

Discussion in 'SOCOM Community Nights' started by Swill, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Swill

Swill Killjoy

I have taken part, on some occasions. However, it's far less than others. I at least have the capacity to admit that it's wrong, that it's not helpful, and to openly say it should stop. I've made a commitment to that by leaving the discord channel.

Keep trying though, 1UP.

hexum likes this.
  2. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Bro I log on to that channel MAYBE 3 times a week and spend 10-20 minutes on there, tops, when we arent playing. Theres nothing "constant" about anything I say on there because Im not even on the channel long enough for it to be called that. Obviously I'll always play with you but your portrayal of what goes on on that channel is just completely inaccurate, at least on my end.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    dizee likes this.
  3. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Well, I disagree Mack. It is what it is.

4. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

I'm not trying, I am simply pointing out your hypocrisy. If you were actually true to your word, then you wouldn't be posting in here about all this.

I don't think anyone is denying about that any of this is wrong. Simply leaving a discord server and "admitting" to being wrong doesn't magically change anything.

Again it doesn't matter how often you decided to do something. Fact of the matter is, whatever was going on was in a private setting that affected no one other than the people who let it affect them. You went out of your way to be offended by it. I don't think anyone is upset that you left. Maybe bummed a bit and no one is mad about it but throwing people under the bus for shit you have done as well is just bullshit.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    dizee and MACK IS GOD like this.
  5. MACK IS GOD

You cant really disagree with that. I uninstall Discord EVERY time I log off. So I absolutely spend at MAX 30 minutes or so a week on that channel except for when we are playing. That is a fact. So to classify me interacting with other members of the Discord for 30ish minutes a week as "constant" is just inaccurate.

6. Swill

Swill Killjoy

I'm posting about this now because we're having a discussion about the topic. What's happening now isn't drama. It's a discussion about the topic of drama. There's nothing wrong with having a sensible discussion on the topic to try and resolve it.

Really? I see some people unequivocally admitting it's wrong, but I don't see many others.

I never said leaving the discord channel "magically changes things." It's simply my way of disassociating with it. Yes, I've taken part in drama in the past, I've said that. But I admit it was wrong, unhelpful, and I'm at least showing real intent to not take part in it anymore.

I'm fine with being a hypocrite. All human beings are hypocrites at some point and in some form or another. So, that claim doesn't have any meaning.

7. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Well, I am disagreeing with you. By the way, I never said your name and I never said it was only you, nor did I even say it was you doing the majority of it.

8. MACK IS GOD

Well by disagreeing with me you are, in fact, saying I was involved in "it", otherwise you wouldnt disagree with it, because disagreeing with me saying Im not involved "constant drama" means you AGREE that I am involved in "constant drama".

Which based on the fact that I uninstall Discord after every time I use it and spend at most 30 minutes on the channel weekly your definition of "constant drama" certainly doesnt apply to me.

Not really sure why you would chose here of all places to air out all these grievances for everyone to consume. Thats not really something I would do if I was in your position and felt the way you did. But again, its not really a big deal and shouldnt effect Friday nights.

9. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Again, I didn't say it was only you and I didn't even say you did the majority of it.

As for the rest about "only 30 minutes" and all of that, whatever man lol. That's the beauty/ugliness of perception. I'm not going to get into an embroiled discussion about this because it's guaranteed to end with neither of us agreeing, so once again, we can agree to disagree.

10. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

11. MACK IS GOD

Im pretty sure you could add up the number of posts in that channel vs my number of posts, ask anyone who is in the Discord how often Im there, and factor that in with the fact that Im telling you I check that Discord about 3 times a week and its pretty easy to back up my claim Im on there for about 30 minutes a week max.

None of that really matters though and this whole conversation is unfortunate as anything discussed in a private Discord should never be exposed for public consumption.

12. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Our views on what constitutes "constant" is obviously different. Once again, we can just drop this, because we're not going to agree. It is what it is.

I don't think this conversation is unfortunate. Nothing private has been discussed here. I haven't mentioned the names of who was being discussed or the names of the people who discussed them. All I said was that there was constant whining about useless drama.

13. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

All I have to say on the matter is that although we were verbally trolling hexum as payback for him randomly inciting shit on here. It was not our intention to TK him in game. That's when FF came up and he started off by TKing us and continuously shot dizee, Bullski, and myself in the back which then of course caused the whole room to self implode. Like why kill Bullski? That dude had 0 to do with any of this.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  14. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

[​IMG]
    firm handshakes all around. moved on.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  15. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Getting back to the original point, @Animal-_- I'm all for permanently banning people. I think debates, arguments, and discussions around actual topics are fine, but pointless shit-posting and mudslinging with no purpose other than to fuck with people should be a perma-ban. I'm absolutely in support of that.

ChemoFreak7 and dizee like this.
  16. MACK IS GOD

constant.PNG

continuous.PNG

24 hours a day x 7 days a week = 168 hours.

30 minutes = 1/336

1 divided by 336 =0.00297619

Yea that doesnt fit the bill of "constant".

17. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Constant - "Occurring continuously over a period of time"

I'd say that fits perfectly with what I said. Once again for the hundredth time, you can disagree if you want. But it's my personal view that there absolutely is useless shit-talking in the Discord that is "occurring continuously over a period of time."

18. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

So are we pulling the if you don't speak up about something you are automatically for it sort of thing?

That's what it sounds like.

19. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Where did I say that? If you think that's what it sounds like, then that's only because you've chosen to latch onto a false assumption and prescribe an intent to my words that was never there.

20. MACK IS GOD

"Hey every time my uncle shows up for Thanksgiving once a year he acts like an asshole"

That occurs continuously over a period of time. Does that make it constant?

Thats why I showed both definitions.

Bro, youre wrong. You used the wrong word and you attributed a behavior to someone that was incorrect. Its no big deal.

dizee likes this.