SOCOM Fun Nights

Discussion in 'SOCOM Community Nights' started by Swill, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Swill

Swill Killjoy

This is the last time I'm addressing this:

In my personal opinion, there absolutely is constant useless shit-talking and mudslinging going on in the Discord. You can warp things to your own perspective all you want Mack. We're simply going to agree to disagree. It is what it is.

You can respond to this to get the last word if you want, but I'm not responding to that topic anymore. I've stated my view and that's all I have to say.

2. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

I guess you don't remember what you wrote?
    That second part is what I am talking about.

3. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Cant really "warp" Websters dictionary.

4. Swill

Swill Killjoy

I know what I wrote. Where in that did I explicitly state, "If you don't speak up, then you're ok with it" or anything along those lines?

As I said, you're forming a false assumption about the intention behind what I said when the intention you're prescribing to my words doesn't apply.

5. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

i think he was talking about the post where mack and I talked about it being wrong

i could be wrong though

6. 1UP

You left a statement that makes that assumption for you.

You can get off your high horse now.

SkiMask likes this.
  7. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Wrong. All I do is say what I say. It's the person on the other end who makes the decision to attach some kind of assumption to the intent of the words. You could have very easily just not made the assumption and said to yourself, "He may or may not mean ___________. I don't know for sure because he hasn't explicitly said ___________ outright, so I'm going to refrain from making an assumption about his intent that might not be true.", but you opted not to.

If you don't want to end up being wrong about something, just don't make false assumptions. If I want to know for sure the intent behind someone's words, I just ask them.

There is no high horse here. I'm just explaining something to you. Again, you're making an other false assumption lol.

8. MACK IS GOD

Whatever ancillary shit is being flung, today was a success as far as moving past our issues so its not a big deal anyway.

9. 1UP

We get it swill, you can't be wrong. If you aren't right then people are making shit up. That's how you are, that is how you will always be. You've been on a high horse since I've started talking to you. You have this self righteous attitude about you that is so fucking ridiculous considering all the shit you have done and said as well.

I am just done talking with you. It isn't worth it and with every post I read from you I just see you patting yourself on the back as you jack it to pictures of yourself.

If you respond, you will just be talking to yourself from here on out.

10. Swill

Swill Killjoy

And yet, just a few comments ago in a direct reply to you, I admitted that I was wrong about something:

Untitled.png

This isn't a case of me refusing to admit I'm wrong. It's actually the opposite. You made the decision to go out on a limb and make a false assumption about the intent behind something I said. Instead of just admitting you fucked up by deciding to make a false assumption, you just want to double down because, ironically enough, you don't want to admit you were wrong by falsely assuming my intent.

Between the two of us, I'm the only one who's admitted they were wrong about something, so you really don't have any ground to accuse me of that.

Anyways, take care.

11. MACK IS GOD

To be fair, thats like the 5th guy in a murder flipping and testifying against everybody else.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  12. Swill

Swill Killjoy

I.......don't get it lol?

13. MACK IS GOD

Well basically it means that you dont have the heart or integrity to stand tall with the people who had your back and are jumping ship after you told tales out of school.

Its a bad look.

SkiMask likes this.
  14. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

Pretty much sums up why I left like a month ago, too. Really cool people and enjoyed my time, but the whole “what are we fighting about tonight?” routine got pretty old

15. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Oh, gotcha.

I don't believe in blind allegiance, Mack. I don't just automatically stand with people simply because we're friends and I like them. If they act out of line or in a way I disagree with, and they still want to act out of line or in a way I disagree with after I've told them I don't like it, I'm not just going to stand with them because we're friends. I would expect any of my friends to do the same. If I act out of line or behave stupidly, call me out on it and put me in my place. That's how I'd want my friends to treat me. I wouldn't want them to just glue themselves to me blindly because we're friends. That's not what real friendship entails, in my view.

Animal-_- and Elite_Bull_ like this.
  16. Elite_Bull_

Elite_Bull_ 203 Spammer

I think it was you that was team killing last night. One of those was me a few times. So what happens when someone gets tked? They retaliate. I don't know you at all, but from what I've seen, you like to start shit. This goes back to when you called me out about a pic I took of a post made in the xlink chat (dont recall who now) and posted it in the discord chat. All that to make me look like an asshole. So maybe it's you who should stop acting the victim and doing the" who me?" Routine. Also, you never start a sentence with "but"

17. Elite_Bull_

Elite_Bull_ 203 Spammer

Mack, at least you are very consistent!

Drum and MACK IS GOD like this.
  18. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

What's great about this is that we didn't start the TKing, hexum took it upon himself to come into the room and TK us first which caused the whole room to implode prior to that we were having peaceful games, there were people in there that had nothing to do with what was going on like yourself, and other randoms who suffered because of it. For a guy trying to "save" SOCOM it was completely the opposite, but WE'RE the "Toxic jackasses"

dizee and Elite_Bull_ like this.
  19. MACK IS GOD

Its not about blind allegiance. Its about discretion and class. Just as you propped up Matty as an example you didnt see him spouting off about how he left trying to paint himself as "above all the drama".

He just left and and that was it. He didnt use his leaving as a mechanism to try and place himself in a better light and put it out there for public consumption by telling tales out of school. You had no reason to announce your leaving of the Discord other than to try to use it as a way to prop yourself up as "above the drama" when in reality if you were "above the drama" you would have just left the channel and and been done with it ala Matty B.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  20. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Discretion and class is purely subjective. How that's measured is different for each person. As an example, I don't have any qualms about what I discussed in this thread as I didn't discuss anything in any explicit detail. I simply mentioned why I left and the reasons for that decision. Personally, in my view, I don't see that as tactless or lacking any class. If you disagree, then so be it. That's the beauty of opinion.

I didn't use my leaving as "a mechanism to try and place myself in a better light." Similar to the mistake 1UP made, you're trying to prescribe an intention to my actions that doesn't apply. What kind of light people see me in is, quite frankly, something I could care less about. Again, I was simply explaining my reasons for leaving and what motivated my decision. It had nothing to do with "painting" anything in any way because, at the end of the day, I don't care what "light" it comes off as.

Me explaining why I left was completely relevant because, if you go back and read, it started as a comment I made in connection to something Animal had said. He talked about why he's been spending less time here recently, and in relation to that, I mentioned that I was going through something similar and that I can understand where he's coming from. It was completely connected to the on-going discussion at that point.