Socom II Sound Archive

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by DarthViper, Mar 9, 2016.

1. W V

W V Green Up

PM me, please, because I can't PM you (or I don't know how :D).

2. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I downloaded the PS Sound app and am ripping the Combined Assault sounds now, I'll let you know when I'm done. I'll probably set up a dropbox account or something so you can download them.

SkiMask likes this.
  3. Mynock

Mynock Butterstick

You are the frickin' man! Thank you so much. I think I might love you.

4. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Don't thank me just yet, there's thousands of files so far and none of them have labels to let you know what they are.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  5. Mynock

Mynock Butterstick

That's how all of my files are for SOCOM 2 I got from this thread and from another reddit source as well. I don't mind sorting through everything myself. Every sounds I have from SOCOM 2 was a .wav file type, I imagine the other games would use the same format for sounds.

6. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

@Mynock I hit a bit of a hitch with Dropbox as it won't let me upload that many files with the free account I have so instead I'll upload the PS Sound program along with the 3 main sound files from the SOCOM: CA disk. That way you can follow the instructions that @W V previously posted and decode them on your end. It's about a 1.7GB download and it only took me about 5-10 minutes for them to decode into .wav files so I would guess the download will be the longest part.

Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xq196bdwuxrd28p/AACuNk8jo7rgo3S_u2pAG4s3a?dl=0

7. Mynock

Mynock Butterstick

Awesome, thank you so much, I'll get to work on that.

8. MasturbaterNV

MasturbaterNV 203 Spammer

Is there an archive for S1 yet? :(

9. MasturbaterNV

Is there anyway you can upload in HQ the Polish terrorist win music, and the asian terrorist music win music?

Need those for ringtones.

----

Also, can anyone upload S1 sound files?

10. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Like I said in one of my previous posts, there are thousands of sound files and they're not labeled to tell you what they are. I just don't have time to go through them all to find a couple of files.

11. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Why not have like ten of us take them in blocks and listen to our groups of sounds and narrow it down.

Like you listen to files 1-100, and the next guy 101-200, etc, etc? If we had like 10 guys willing to do that we might be able to make some headway and find the important and popular sounds a lot quicker than one person randomly going through and trying to find a needle in a haystack.

12. Tawok

Tawok has left the building

Hey I like this idea. We can do a little crowdsource archiving. I've also wanted the various soundbytes for some projects but have never been able to find what I'm after.

13. MACK IS GOD

Yea I dont know how many 1000's of sound bites there are, but even if its 5,000, if we get 10 guys to listen to 100 a day in organized blocks so we dont double up, we could have it done in a week or less.

14. MasturbaterNV

I wouldn't mind doing that. I just can't get the exe to work since I'm using a Mac. If I could do it on windows I'd go through all of the known ones.

15. eVo7

eVo7 Demolition Junkie

I wouldn't mind helping either if it was for SOCOM 1.

MasturbaterNV likes this.
  16. MACK IS GOD

He uses a Mac

1485373200269.jpg

17. MasturbaterNV

Will have a laptop with a CD drive in it.

What program would I need to rip the audio files for Socom 1? Obviously they will not have sepcific names on them, but I don't mining through hundreds or thousands of audio files to find what I'm looking for.

18. GongaBreath

GongaBreath Mattress Tag Inspector No.2

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  19. JayO

JayO Grim Reaper

Someone's gotta find a way to get the (long version) of the Socom FTB2 campaign load out music, the music played before a campaign mission starts. It's the slowed version of Combined Assault's and it sounds way better than CA's! I've been looking for it forever for years and years and nothing yet. Would be greatly appreciated. Also seen the short version of the online lobby music on youtube, the music played when in the lobby and loadout room before matches start, I'd love it if someone could get and post the long version of it. Plays for like 8-10 minutes I think. Someone please make this happen...

20. MasturbaterNV

I don't reallly like bragging.

MACK IS GOD likes this.