[SOCOM on PC] Release Thread (Tutorial & Links)

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink' started by brad2192, Jul 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Morris-B82

Morris-B82 Butterstick

Yeah 3x was the most I tried.

2. brad2192

brad2192 The SOCOM on PC Guy

If you want, I can edit the SOCOM II disc for no particle effects so nade spam and all that shit wont be seem. If you guys want I can optimize the game files ..I don't really care what the console guys have to say about the advantages.

SkiMask likes this.
  3. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

That wouldn't be a good idea because then you wouldn't know where a grenade went off other than the sound. It's just something people are going to have to live with and we shouldn't be making this super hacky.

If something is going to be changed it should be in harry's patch so it can affect everyone.

SkiMask likes this.
  4. brad2192

Lol, literally just made the ISO. Particles are removed, and the frame rates should be a lot better. Uploading the ISO to Mediafire in one minute.

5. 1UP

Yea I would strong suggestly no one to use this because this is a form of cheating.

SkiMask likes this.
  6. brad2192

That's weird coming from the mouth of 1UP lol I remember you back in the day, but idk cheats are all over S2 I feel like it could be used with integrity just as we give all the non-patchers the benefit of the doubt. If it helps a couple dudes get on S2 at the end of the day who really gives a shit if everyone can play.

7. 1UP

I never cheat in a real game, its a douchey thing to do. If you start creating things that are emulator only you are going to cause problems. No reason to get shitty with me though I am simply stating for a group of people who want a fair playing field, giving them the ability to ignore game mechanics isn't up there with the whole playing fair.

SkiMask and brad2192 like this.
  8. brad2192

Just edited the game for faster frame rates and no particles. https://www.mediafire.com/?2pmnz16bddcuh

9. brad2192

I didn't mean anything by it, it's ironic that's all. And they can have their fair playing field. And to be honest most non-patchers are c9ing as it is. It's a game, they'll always be problems, Idrgaf if some don't like it to be honest, sick of hearing whiney community members. Smoothing out the fps to avoid lag and give pcsx2 players the disadvantage of seeing explosions isn't cheating, if you don't like it then boot em.

10. 1UP

That's not a disadvantage, them not seeing it gives them a clear view. I don't think you understand.

Not seeing the explosion can be annoying but the fact that they can see nothing is a massive advantage. No particles should also include smoke as well.

SkiMask likes this.
  11. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

I am up and running!

New problem. Button mapping on an xbox one controller. I can't move my character up and down or move my crosshairs at all. Crouch/prone works. Fire does to along with weapon fire rate. Good enough progress for me tonight however.

SkiMask likes this.
  12. brad2192

I understand, trying to make it playable for the guys who don't have a ps2. They can use it responsibly.

13. brad2192

Go to Config>Pad>Plugin Settings, a new window will pop up. Click Pad 1 on the tabs up top and remap the controller clicking the corresponding buttons.

SkiMask likes this.
  14. 1UP

Then you have people with a ps2 who can also use it and while they aren't loading up etags and shit, are cheating.

Giving people a cheat and then say use responsibly has to be the most ass backwards thing I have read in a while.

SkiMask and eVo7 like this.
  15. brad2192

That's cool, seeing as the guys loading up e-tags wouldn't need my ISO for assistance is equally an ass-backwards statement. Out of all people you would know that lmfao.

16. 1UP

You clearly aren't understanding the problem and continuing this isn't going to drive it home to you. Considering I didn't mention people who were already cheating, you are pull shit out of no where. There's many things about you that I have an issue with, this is just another one to add onto the pile.

17. brad2192

That's cool, you can keep those issues to yourself. I don't need to hear more whining. But really? 1UP saying don't code? It makes the game more playable; grow up.

18. 1UP

Grow up? Well you got me there I guess. If you really want to get into that sort of stuff we could just go into the rebranding of a pre-existing program to you claiming to have a server that is nothing more than codes that were posted on http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/15571-Resurrecting-an-online-server. But I'll go and grow up now, thanks for that.

19. brad2192

It's not new news I used codes to get it to work. That was part of my original statement crediting that exact source. I'm using pcap packets and reverse engineering, it isn't rocket science. So using abandoned work to recreate a server is what? Harry62 wrote those codes if I was gonna front I don't think anyone would be as bleak to use codes and do nothing with it. But, okay lol got me red-handed pal .

20. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

You should remove that link if it allows no particles and faster frames. That ISO would be no different than using codes. 1UP is right. All code altering should be done via a patch so all players can play a fair game.