[SOCOM on PC] Release Thread (Tutorial & Links)

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink' started by brad2192, Jul 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

Interesting, I did not know the game behaved that way. Makes sense though.

Either way the version you have isn't what is out there but it proves that it can be a lot worse than what was public and the public one is bad enough.

2. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

This is from your build. The no fog code is the same as the one from the old r0001 database excluding that you entered it wrong. Proof provided: http://i.imgur.com/fHmWz4W.jpg

The original code looks like this: 20290600 1000003A

Your trainer changes the op code to 0000003A. This works due to the function loading 1 byte and the code you entered breaks it instead of skipping it, more or less resulting in the same outcome.

If you want to make your own patch you have to take criticism, good and bad. The community ultimately decides what the patch does within reason. If you want to have features that change the way the game works for game play(ex: no fog) then you must restrict it to a patch game. If you fail to do that you are promoting cheating.

eVo7 and MR.BLONDE like this.
  3. brad2192

brad2192 The SOCOM on PC Guy

I absolutely and respectfully take your criticism @Harry62 , to be fair @1UP really came at me in the beginning and throughout. I get what you're saying but don't expect me to respond positively when 10 out of the 18 pages of this post has been people coming at my neck over nothing. I did it my way, because it's my little shitty release. In mine you can even see as far as the fog goes. That's just it, and I don't plan on changing that. If I wasn't accepting criticism I would have been equally coming at you, you have been respectful this entire time so I've responded accordingly. If you would've been dropping cuntbombs 3 posts in you would've had the same treatment as @1UP .

4. 1UP

Originally I told you it was a bad idea, rather respectively. You decided to be an ass about it and this is where it got you.

5. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

We play with @1UP every Friday and he records and posts his own game play, I've never seen anything that I would consider shady from him, but you wouldn't know that because you don't even play the fuckin game.

dizee likes this.
  6. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

Yup, which I don't understand how someone wouldn't understand that. That's all we've been saying.

7. Lord Swagger

Lord Swagger Green Up

I'm on a mac and cannot get 'online' because pcsx2 cannot read a ethernet connection?
    do i NEED to be on X link? I'm using wine skin currently.. idk lol I'm so close but so far

8. brad2192

What's needed is a TAP Adapter, message me on fb.me/SOCOMonPC I'll teamview you and we'll figure this out.

9. aztec_native

aztec_native Green Up

So i've been getting some shit about an invalid handle from the very start. Any help?

10. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Actually @brad2192 , this isn't really true. Having gone backed and followed the conversation comment by comment, you can pinpoint exactly where the confrontation started:

LOLL.png

1UP was perfectly polite with you up to that point, and you came at him pretty aggressively with that statement, which was totally unnecessary. So, in reality, you started the confrontation by being unnecessarily aggressive by saying, "That's weird coming from the mouth of 1UP lol".

MR.BLONDE and eVo7 like this.
  11. 1UP

I am assuming you are referring to xlink? Did you register an account?

12. aztec_native

aztec_native Green Up

No this is for SOCOM on PC. I get the message about the invalid handle whenever I try to boot BIOS or an ISO.

13. 1UP

Screenshot? There isn't anything special about this. It's just the emulator and the game so there shouldn't really be an error like that.

14. brad2192

15. aztec_native

aztec_native Green Up

I have figured it out, thanks guys.

brad2192 and Swill like this.
  16. aztec_native

aztec_native Green Up

I guess i was wrong about having figured it out.... Followed everything to the T, still cant see games..

17. 1UP

18. aztec_native

aztec_native Green Up

19. 1UP

Did you change the network adapter's settings to just be auto?

20. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

Don't give up.

Did you try:
    - Disable firewall on router.
    - Disable firewall, antivirus, and anti-spyware programs on computer(this includes windows defender). If it starts working make exceptions for pcsx2 and xlink.

Questions:
    - It sounds like you are able to get to the LAN screen. Are you seeing the LAN briefing room screen or are you stuck choosing network settings on pcsx2?

21. aztec_native

aztec_native Green Up

I am on the LAN Briefing room screen, just no rooms. I disabled the firewall.