[SOCOM on PC] Release Thread (Tutorial & Links)

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink' started by brad2192, Jul 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. aztec_native

aztec_native Green Up

I tried both things.

2. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

Do you choose the TAP network adapter in your xlink settings? Image below:
    [​IMG]

3. aztec_native

aztec_native Green Up

Yes, sir.

4. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

Then it has to be a firewall issue. There is most likely something on your computer blocking the packets.

5. XtErmin8

XtErmin8 Rah-he-lah!

Shouldn't he have his Username and Password present in the Engine Settings since he has Auto Login selected?

brad2192 likes this.
  6. brad2192

brad2192 The SOCOM on PC Guy

Autodetect works.
    [​IMG]

7. brad2192

Set up an appointment with me via message to remote into your PC to hook it up for you. You can ask the gentleman on the page I have done it for quite a few who were having trouble. http://fb.me/SOCOMonPC/

8. aztec_native

aztec_native Green Up

Oh, do I need a Ethernet cord?

9. brad2192

You just need an internet connection and a controller that will plug in to your PC. You don't need a disc, memcard or anything.

10. aztec_native

aztec_native Green Up

I know, but when i go into my internet settings, it shows as an Ethernet connection.

11. brad2192

You need to follow the video instructions. You need to install and select the TAP adapter. I have no problem installing it for you if you would like.

12. =Ronin=

=Ronin= The Captain of Makin' it Happen

WOW! This is amazing!
    A few questions...
    Does enabling the "true" no fog code bog down the engine on a real ps2, what about on PCSX2?
    Is everything rendered correctly and do players still move at 30fps outside the fog?

This would be an awesome "mod" for xlink as long as the engine could accommodate the extra rendering and everyone agreed to no snipers.