Socom Source Revived

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by LesbianSeaguLL, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

You forgot Insurgency 3: Resurge Harder.
    SkiMask likes this.
  2. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

That's in production right now. Insurgency 4: Back to the Resurge! was just announced. Teaser up on Gamefaqs last week.
  3. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Laziness likes this.
  4. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

Wouldnt it be "Re-Resurgence"?
  5. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

LesbianSeaguLL likes this.
  6. Flanked

Flanked 203 Spammer

this is not even worth playing, the sounds are horrible, the bolt action snipers are bad and they messed around with the fire rate on almost all the guns! To much tweaking because they can.
  7. MR.BLUE

MR.BLUE SOCOM II Clan Founder

So, my money says Redline finally realized that his public involvement was an insurmountable liability, crafted a plan to fake his own virtual death, and is working behind the scenes like Oz.

This of course will last until the game becomes popular and he can jump out from behind the curtain on the community like Negan. I'm sure there isn't a mental masturbation scenario he revels in more.
    LesbianSeaguLL and SkiMask like this.
  8. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

Interesting. I find this theory to be quite plausible and it also might qualify as the truth in an Occam's Razor scenario.
    MR.BLUE likes this.
  9. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

I guess you could argue the skinny PS2 is pleb status as well. I am pretty sure they came out after S2 came out?

Don't remember.
  10. LesbianSeaguLL

LesbianSeaguLL Butterstick

ssr.gamesme.com for server information.

you can still play the mod. it's not what it was but it's better than nothing.

We had a solid growing community for that until the creator went ape shit and sabotaged his own mod.
  11. ShowStoppa

ShowStoppa Green Up

This needs to be done right this time.

1) no resetting stats and rankings every 3 months
    2) actual community communication (freedom forums message board) (sounds like socomconflict.com lol)
    3) a committee that decides on 'banning" users from the server. Works much better then a dictator with a mental disorder.
    4) PUT MONEY INTO IT. Why redline didn't accept donations is beyond me, if you want the product to be good, good things cost money. Use the money to pay for coders, graphic work, ect. Im talking optional donations like $10.00 a month with benefits if you donate like "character skins" or whatever.

I vote Les to be head of the community as he was instrumental into bringing people to the mod (before redline gave him a big FU for all his work). I brought in people as well, its not so much reviving old socom players, but getting new players from games like csgo over and blowing this community up.

Lesson for redline, you don't make the game, the users do. Socom Source this time last year had 3 full servers a night. That wasn't you, that was the community, in which YOU CAN NOT CONTROL or you will cause implosion.

Is there a Steam Group yet? Can we call it something else besides Socom Source?
  12. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

These names have already been taken...
    MACK IS GOD likes this.
  13. Poor

Poor Green Up

Has this project taken off yet? I originally built a gaming PC for H-Hour but unfortunately that was a huge disappointment. SOCOM:INS was a nice consolation prize however. It definitely brought back some of the feelings I only got from playing SOCOM.

Redline sold out. But I don't blame him. It's understandable that a career is more important than a fan project. But I do miss SOCOM:INS. If he could secretly support it, or pass on his work to someone else, that would be great. Maybe he already did something like that. Or maybe he wouldn't support a revival of his mod, for an understandable reason or just because he is a cunt. I just don't know.
  14. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

I think these guys have taken over and are trying to get it running again. Im not sure how much wirk need to be done but they seem to have revived the servers and have at least a few of the maps available.

They should be keeping us updated here so I guess its a wait and see thing at this point.

Have you tried to join a game yet?
  15. LesbianSeaguLL

I haven't been on regularly but they have been having a full server most nights now. they'd have to come on here and give details haven't kept up as much. Still some tweaking to be done with movement IMO based on the other night. but they have the IW80, RA14, STG, 552, F90, 9mm sub, Model 18 auto, and Deagle in the game
  16. LesbianSeaguLL

17. Tawok

Tawok Shpicy Shaushage

Look how big that donate button is.
  18. LesbianSeaguLL

2 full servers tonight.
  19. xSneak

xSneak Butterstick

Are they ever going to fix the grenades on this?
  20. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

Has anyone been streaming this lately? If someone does, let me know so I can look into possibly hosting it here.
    Tawok likes this.