Socom/TRS fan Fantasy football league

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by TOMBSTONE4U, Sep 4, 2016.

1. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

I dont give a shit about endzone celebrations at all. I actually think they should be able to do anything they want.

Its the fucking idiots who tackle a bubble screen for a 4 yard gain and get up huffing and shit talking and the morons who catch a 7 yqrd pass for a first down and go into a contrived routine of holding the ball out and mimicking the first down signal for 15 seconds. Its the baseball equivalent of dancing down the first base line when you draw a walk in the 3rd inning.

Half the delay of game penalties are from the shithead who got the first down shucking and jiving instead of getting back to the line.

Im gonna take a look and come back with some thoughts on your team.

2. MACK IS GOD

At this point player salaries account for around 50% of league revenue so I dont buy into the greedy owners story anymore. 25 years ago, absolutely, but not at this point. The NFL doesnt release its financials, but The Packers are publicly owned and do release theirs making it possible to extrapolate what the NFL makes by multiplying by 32 due to equal revenue sharing.

I dont have any sympathy for the players at at. While it is an unfortunate by product of the brutality of the sport, having guaranteed contracts be the norm like the NBA and MLB would be untenable for the NFL. The NFL players union is the most powerful in sports and their players are given pensions, access to financial experts, lawyers, classes on money and life management, as well as a no questions asked policy from NFL security that they can call at any time if they are too drunk to drive and need to get somewhere. They are treated just fine.

If some thug wants to spend his 5 million dollar signing bonus on 2 million dollars worth of cars 500 thousand worth of jewelry and then put 2.5 million down on a 10 million dollar mansion and then ends up bankrupt a year later when he blows his knee out and finds out he owes 42% on that 5 million, fuck him. Its nobody's fault but their own.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  3. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

Oh yeah, some of those idiots need to rethink when they do that shit. Catching a pass in the first quarter for a first down doesn't warrant signaling the first down.

4. MACK IS GOD

Ok, took a look. My opinion I would definitely start Mariota over Brady. I love Brady but Denver is always a tough matchup on the road and they are still finding their rythym without Gronk. Mariota vs KC could easily turn into a shootout and with the Chiefs pass rush he could have a lot of running yds/TDs.

Other than that it just comes down to Green. His upside is way higher than both but your fear is justified. I personally would start him and hope for the best, because if I went conservative and started someone else Id go apeshit if he went off. Its the playoffs, you have to put your best potential team out there and go for it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  5. MACK IS GOD

Good luck in the Championship Goldie Locks! Lets get ready to rumble!

6. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

I got slaughtered last week. 126 to 57. I now face the best team in the league for third place. Gonna get slaughtered again.

7. MACK IS GOD

Last week of the season guys. It was fun.

I'll see you all back here when I raise the Championship trophy.

8. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

I feel bad for anyone playing a championship this week. I've got a friend who is undefeated and is actually in a tight match because most of his team made the playoffs and are being held out of today's games.

9. MACK IS GOD

Yea I picked up a bunch of backups hoping to get lucky. I took Deangelo Williams and Fitzgeral Troussant from the Steelers. Decided to start Troussant because I figured Steelers wouldnt want to use Williams too much before the playoffs with him coming back from an injury. Of course they are playing him all game and hes got 20 points already........

The Championship matchup in this league isnt really effected too much. Neither of us have any big players that are being rested though.

10. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

Scenario sounds familiar. My friend took Williams and his opponent took Troussant.

He lost Bell and Elliot and likely Beckham. So he lost three starters and huge contributors.

11. MACK IS GOD

Unfortunately, the way ESPN was set up wouldnt allow us to set up the playoffs the way we wanted.

We wanted a one game semi-final round, and then a 2 game championship round. It would only do one or the other. So with 2 game playoof rounds, it streched to week 17. If we do it next year that will have to be adressed. Either start the playoffs a week early, or have a 1 week championship. I prefer a 2 week championship myself.

12. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

I had a three round playoff (top 6 teams with top 2 on bye in round one) and we ended last week. We're on ESPN.

13. MACK IS GOD

Yea but if you chose to have a 2 week matchup for the championship, you also have all other playoff rounds being 2 weeks. You cant do 1 week semi-finals and a 2 week championship. It wont let you set it up that way.

Ideally for a 10 or 12 team league I would want 4 playoff spots with the playoffs starting in week 14.

1st round, week 14- 1vs 4, 2 vs 3, winner of that week advances
    2nd round, week 15 and 16- Championship game. Previous weeks winners play in week 15 and 16 with their total points for both weeks determining the winner.

14. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

Yeah, I see what you're saying now.

15. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

You seriously won??? Good show!!!

16. MACK IS GOD

Yes I won. I mean, technically Goldy Locks scored more points than me, but the Russians hacked the NFL and caused my players to underperform. So I'm the true winner.

17. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Is that some type of embedded handicapped system you're referring to like golf or something?

18. MACK IS GOD

No. I lost the Championship. But until I see evidence that the Russians didnt hack the NFL, I consider myself to be the winner.

19. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Ahh was gonna say...I was having trouble figuring out that system if points doesn't put you over the top.

Wait, who's Goldy and why don't they have the signature? Does he/she know your running around like a fraud? lol

20. MACK IS GOD

I dont know. Im just gonna ride this out and see what happens.......